Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Remarkable .....

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2012, 06:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Remarkable .....

Meet James Gallaugher - the 12-year-old Australian who could be the next big thing in sprinting.

The video - see link below - shows the youngster's remarkable speed as he chases down a rival 20m ahead of him to win his school the 4x100m New South Wales primary schools championships.

Gallaugher has run the 100m in 11.72 seconds. To put that into context, that time would have been comfortably enough to have won gold in the 100m at the first Olympic Games in Athens in 1896, which was won in 12 seconds flat.

It is hard to gauge world record times for that age group, but Gallaugher's time is faster than any recorded in Australia or the United States.

Four of Australia's big professional rugby league clubs have already expressed an interest in him as has Michael Johnson's Spire Athletics Institute in Ohio in America.

His coach Scott Richardson certainly expects big things from the native of the small Australian coastal town of Ulladulla.

"James is a standout. I wouldn't just say it because he is someone I coach. He is a freak and I mean that in the very best way," he told News Ltd.

"When I talk about him with my wife and my family, we just say he is going to be the greatest sprinter we have ever had if he keeps improving at the rate which he is.

"He has just got the build and the legs and just the natural propensity to running with a good technique without much interference.

"If he increases his speed on what he is running now which is 11.7 for electronic, he is going to be running 10.9s in the not-too-distant future which is incredible for someone his age."

James himself, meanwhile, says he plans to stick with sprinting despite interest from other sports.

"Footy is more fun because you play with your mates but I want to be a runner. It just feels good to be in front," he said.

Above taken from Eurosport Blog ... world of sport

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...115009890.html