Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone work for Yodel On here

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2012, 07:54 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone work for Yodel On here

As above any of you guy's & girls work for yodel ??

I need a phone number that actually sodding works so I can speak to a human being and whinge like a bitch at the extremely slow delivery on two consignments I sent out on monday, which should have been there this morning
Old 04 July 2012, 07:55 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

if they do they wont confess on here
Old 04 July 2012, 07:56 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Biggest mistake I ever made using them for a one off job
Old 04 July 2012, 07:58 PM
Fleetster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol... good luck........
Old 04 July 2012, 08:00 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Dont suppose you could supply me with a phone number to speak to someone about two consignments that have been shipped from carlisle depot on monday evening, But never appeared on the system to have got to the next depot ?

Should have been out for delivery this morning, I've tried the numbers on the website but no joy. I booked it through Parcel2go who were also looking into this too.

Last edited by rob84; 09 July 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04 July 2012, 08:10 PM
AJF
Scooby Regular

Good luck yodel use to take weeks to deliver to my old address as only had a name no number house was the oldest in the road so good luck on them finding there depot
Old 04 July 2012, 08:17 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Thanks very Much Mate your a legend.
thumb:

Last edited by rob84; 09 July 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04 July 2012, 08:24 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

I do too, press number 8 on your keyboard and I'll speak to you
Old 04 July 2012, 09:01 PM
Fleetster
Scooby Regular

when they finally turn up outside your house dont be too shocked if your item isnt on the van..... like mine, which was a bed and matress, which was lost WTF................lol!
Old 04 July 2012, 09:48 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

things are changing at yodel! we use them as a courier because they are cheap, but they are putting our parcel delivery prices up by 40% but they are mostly completely useless so we will no longer use them from end of july. The drivers hate the company, the managers all got sacked, the reps all got sacked and they have closed half of the depots.
Old 04 July 2012, 10:23 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

They.
Are.
Crap.

Tried to deliver an item to me twice, so I tried to contact the depot to pick said item up.

No luck, constantly on hold or engaged.
Even the vendor told them twice to leave the item in my shed and the muppets still tried to deliver it but took it back with them.

It was eventually delivered to a neighbour - a day too late as it was a present for someone.
Old 05 July 2012, 08:07 AM
borderlinechris
Scooby Regular

rob, the carlisle depot is a bit of a shambles, they used to be next door to us but moved down the road a bit in with dhl. we`d been talking to the guys/girls that work there and they say its a bit of a joke at the min, the manager at yodel chucked it before they moved and joined DPD. they are always on gumtree advertising for people with cars to take 30-40 parcels a day out...
Old 05 July 2012, 08:29 AM
Fleetster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
They.
Are.
Crap.
Couldnt agree more
Old 05 July 2012, 10:17 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Yodel - sorry you were out when we called. Ring our hotline to arrange to collect your own parcel and good luck.

5t.
Old 05 July 2012, 12:11 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Makes my heart sink when ordering from Amazon and I see they choose Yodel as the delivery service.

I booked a pick up to have a package sent back to Amazon and Yodel didn't even bother to turn up. Amazon were very helpful though.
Old 05 July 2012, 12:51 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

I bought a laptop from Currys before christmas which was due to be delivered by Yodel.

Nothing for a week, tried to get in touch with them by phone - forget that idea, no chance.

Emailed them numerous times - no reply

Finally went into the depot on the trading estate where I work. they ask for a reference number which I give them to be told straight away it has nothing to do with them it's the Sheffield depot I reply "it says Yodel on the outside of this building" anyway... long storey short and all that. They had 'lost' it

I had to phone currys and ask them for a refund because they no longer had stock of the one I had ordered.

Yodel are fecking useless
Old 05 July 2012, 06:34 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by borderlinechris
rob, the carlisle depot is a bit of a shambles, they used to be next door to us but moved down the road a bit in with dhl. we`d been talking to the guys/girls that work there and they say its a bit of a joke at the min, the manager at yodel chucked it before they moved and joined DPD. they are always on gumtree advertising for people with cars to take 30-40 parcels a day out...
Funny you should mention carlisle depot, I tried a record 11 times to get in contact with them today & still no answer. No time to call down to have a rant.

Anyhow. I'd like to Thank Kwik for taking the time to have a look for me today and sorta give me an idea what was happening. cheers Mate

After a call to the delivery helpline again and being on hold for 46 minutes Finally to be told the tracking number was a digit short which it wasn't so hung up and they were no help.

had a good hunt to make sure my tracking number was as stated, Rang back again and 25 minutes on hold to be told one had made it to the sorting office at droitwich and the other they had no clue where it was and would ring me back.

Saga continues, Still waiting for a phone call to inform me what's happening, but as luck would have it I tracked the other parcel again and its now appeared at the sorting office at droitwich. F***ing Finally what a farce
Old 05 July 2012, 08:21 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I booked a 2 day delivery service with them through parcel2go. Picked up Tuesday, still sitting at Droitwich by the looks of it.

Will be on at parcel2go tomorrow to complain.
Old 06 July 2012, 07:52 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
things are changing at yodel! we use them as a courier because they are cheap, but they are putting our parcel delivery prices up by 40% but they are mostly completely useless so we will no longer use them from end of july. The drivers hate the company, the managers all got sacked, the reps all got sacked and they have closed half of the depots.
You've changed your tune!
Old 06 July 2012, 11:09 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Update Time...

Consignments were both delivered today, One at 10am and the other 4pm.

Last time I use Yodel to be honest, Put me off for life.
Sick of ringing and emailing in the end, getting reimbursed for my costs and the delay.
Old 07 July 2012, 12:44 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

yodel will be offering text updates of your delivery time, free phone number for enquiries etc etc I just can not see it happening or working.

I did used to really like yodel/HDNL they were pretty good and cheap but they are now more expensive than the competition and I can not see any reason to continue using them, apparently another parcel company is introducing a similar cheap service but are keeping it hush hush until August (when all the new yodel changes kick in)
Old 07 July 2012, 01:16 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Yes I did cheers mate,

Last edited by rob84; 09 July 2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07 July 2012, 01:18 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

yodel will be offering text updates of your delivery time, free phone number for enquiries etc etc I just can not see it happening or working.

I did used to really like yodel/HDNL they were pretty good and cheap but they are now more expensive than the competition and I can not see any reason to continue using them, apparently another parcel company is introducing a similar cheap service but are keeping it hush hush until August (when all the new yodel changes kick in)
I was the same to be honest, I used to use what was formerly known as DHL all the time, then it changed hands and was ok but this last escapade really did put me off.
Old 07 July 2012, 01:44 PM
Trisha Grant
Scooby Newbie

Very annoyed with Yodel Carlisle today.

My parcel from Amazon was not expected till wednesday.

Yodel have apparantley delivered my parcel to me and it is showing as signed for as well, at 12:08 pm

I arrived home 15 mins ago to my other half asking if I had knocked on the door 5 mins before getting home. No, I said.

The delivery driver never even gave him time to get to the door to answer it. No delivery card left, nothing

Can't ring the office as they shut at 1pm (using the 0844 number)

Kwik (or anyone), will they try to attempt delivery again later today ? (in which case the driver is going to get a piece of my mind !!)

What happens now ?
Old 07 July 2012, 01:52 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trisha Grant
Very annoyed with Yodel Carlisle today.

My parcel from Amazon was not expected till wednesday.

Yodel have apparantley delivered my parcel to me and it is showing as signed for as well, at 12:08 pm

I arrived home 15 mins ago to my other half asking if I had knocked on the door 5 mins before getting home. No, I said.

The delivery driver never even gave him time to get to the door to answer it. No delivery card left, nothing

Can't ring the office as they shut at 1pm (using the 0844 number)

Kwik (or anyone), will they try to attempt delivery again later today ? (in which case the driver is going to get a piece of my mind !!)

What happens now ?
doubtful that they will come back again on a Saturday, not really yodels fault that your husband did not answer the door in time, maybe you should get a doorbell if you can not hear people knocking at your door? I deliver items as well I count 5 elephants then knock again, then count 5 elephants again and if still no sign of movement then I am gone
Old 07 July 2012, 01:56 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

I forgot to add earlier on in this thread, if you want a good service you have to pay for it! People continually moan about delivery charges and want free delivery or delivery as cheap as possible this means that you get a cheap service!

If you are happy to pay more for someone like APC or Interlink express which will normally go the extra mile then you have to pay! somewhere in the region of £5 to £6 (minimum), we offer a decent delivery service for £5.99 next day, but 95% of people select the cheap or free service because they do not want to pay!
Old 07 July 2012, 02:01 PM
Trisha Grant
Scooby Newbie

doubtful that they will come back again on a Saturday, not really yodels fault that your husband did not answer the door in time, maybe you should get a doorbell if you can not hear people knocking at your door? I deliver items as well I count 5 elephants then knock again, then count 5 elephants again and if still no sign of movement then I am gone
Sorry, I forgot to mention that my other half is in fact disabled and has difficulty walking down the stairs

The parcel wasn't meant to be delivered till wednesday anyway, ordered thursday on amazon using free super saver delivery taking 5 days
Old 07 July 2012, 02:08 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Don't waste your time complaining to Amazon. There has been a petition on Amazon's website since before last Christmas, from customers wanting Amazon to stop using Yodel.
Old 07 July 2012, 02:15 PM
Trisha Grant
Scooby Newbie

Email already sent to amazon informing them that my parcel has been recorded as delivered when if fact it hasnt ... just to let them know of the situation to cover my back in case driver decides to steal my items
Old 07 July 2012, 02:25 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Don't waste your time complaining to Amazon. There has been a petition on Amazon's website since before last Christmas, from customers wanting Amazon to stop using Yodel.
I am sure they would be happy to change, all they need is customers to get together and start a petition "we the customers of Amazon are happy to pay a minimum of £5 delivery charge for each item that we buy to ensure a more professional and efficient delivery service"

let me know when it happen as I will look out for flying pigs

Quick Reply: Anyone work for Yodel On here