Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Orange mobile

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2011, 08:56 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange mobile

Last year my wife started a 24 month contract with Orange for £25 a month, today she received a letter saying it's going up by 5%.
Is this normal? I thought the monthly payment was normally fixed for the duration of the contract

Nik.
Old 02 December 2011, 09:00 PM
Bugatti
Scooby Regular

They're doing it to all orange customers. As explained in the link they texted out, it appears to be in the terms and conditions

I've got 3 contracts with them, so taking a hit X3. Will not be renewing with them next time round.

If they want to increase prices then the fairest way of doing it would be to new contracts only. As you said, its not right to put prices up once you've signed into a contract.
Old 02 December 2011, 09:09 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Yep, I got this myself via text, as has most other people I know who are on orange. Cheeky *******!

I'm sure from memory I noticed something in the T&C about them being able to increase prices, keep meaning to check it out again.
Old 02 December 2011, 09:10 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

She's going to call customer services tomorrow to sound off and let them know she will not renew with orange once the contract is over.
Nik.
Old 02 December 2011, 09:13 PM
t16mbo
Scooby Regular

That don't give a f***.
my old man got that text and rared up. They said tough.
Old 02 December 2011, 10:46 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I took my contract out 3 weeks ago ... all rises were factored in ... £26 pcm cant complain

Its no different to voda who did it a few months ago, all covered by T's & C's

as long as its below inflation its legal lol

Mart
Old 02 December 2011, 10:50 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I got a letter today to say as a good will gesture they are holding back on the increase for me til June 2012.

Prices for everything are rising, 5% of 25 is hardly gonna cripple anyone. I have 4 contracts and dont care about the rise.
Old 02 December 2011, 11:11 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

It's not going to cripple me as you put it, it's the fact that they are increasing it at all as I've never had a mobile phone increase mid contract, just wondered if they were trying it on.

Originally Posted by Snazy
I got a letter today to say as a good will gesture they are holding back on the increase for me til June 2012.

Prices for everything are rising, 5% of 25 is hardly gonna cripple anyone. I have 4 contracts and dont care about the rise.
Old 02 December 2011, 11:45 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

The letter they sent out explained their reasoning and feelings on the matter.
I have never had an increase before mid contract either, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

Seems fair enough to me, missus was less impressed, her increase starts soon lol
Old 03 December 2011, 02:27 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

It is in the terms and conditions that they can increase the prices for things like inflation etcetc.

It was a few years back when they changed the call costs and there was a loophole that meant you could cancel the contract, and so many people did, so Orange changed it back. My sister had taken the contract out about a month and a half before hand, cancelled and sold the phone, then got a new one the same day!

I doubt you can do the same for this reasoning but i bet all prices will increase over all the networks.
Old 03 December 2011, 08:14 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wouldn't mind if the service they delivered was actually any good, but since they offshored it to India it's all gone to ratsh*t. I had to make 3 phone calls to get roaming enabled because the idiot operators there couldn't apparently action a simple request - the last call was one to insist I spoke to someone in the UK, after which it was resolved.

Their website also only works about half the time.

Putting the price up for such a substandard service is a liberty I don't think they can afford to take in the current market.
They merged with TMobile for god's sake - they should be saving money internally so why can't they pass that on to us!?

I won't be going back to them; may try Vodafone or even 3 next as I found O2 were overpriced, slow and very unreliable for reception - the network seemed to be constantly overloaded.

Last edited by MrNoisy; 03 December 2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03 December 2011, 09:07 AM
Bugatti
Scooby Regular

Anybody else find their phone (iPhone in my case) spends more time roaming on T-mobile than it does connected to Orange. Pain in the **** for surfing the net as you can't access 3G.
Old 03 December 2011, 12:59 PM
2000 sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bugatti
Anybody else find their phone (iPhone in my case) spends more time roaming on T-mobile than it does connected to Orange. Pain in the **** for surfing the net as you can't access 3G.
My orange iPhone is constantly pinging from T-mob to Orange.. I lose signal altogether each time.

I spoke to them yesterday regarding an early upgrade, but they weren't very helpful at all..

I'll be off to 3 when the contract runs out in the spring.
Old 03 December 2011, 01:09 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Its not whether the increase can be afforded its that they have chosen to use their option in the contracts to increase the tariffs. Its just yet another price hike for us all to take on the chin.

Think mine goes up 81p a month.
Old 03 December 2011, 02:01 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob
Wouldn't mind if the service they delivered was actually any good, but since they offshored it to India it's all gone to ratsh*t. I had to make 3 phone calls to get roaming enabled because the idiot operators there couldn't apparently action a simple request - the last call was one to insist I spoke to someone in the UK, after which it was resolved.

Their website also only works about half the time.

Putting the price up for such a substandard service is a liberty I don't think they can afford to take in the current market.
They merged with TMobile for god's sake - they should be saving money internally so why can't they pass that on to us!?

I won't be going back to them; may try Vodafone or even 3 next as I found O2 were overpriced, slow and very unreliable for reception - the network seemed to be constantly overloaded.
You think it's bad calling them three times? I used to work in one of their stores and had to phone them well over 3 times a day. Even worse on a Saturday

Originally Posted by 2000 sport
My orange iPhone is constantly pinging from T-mob to Orange.. I lose signal altogether each time.

I spoke to them yesterday regarding an early upgrade, but they weren't very helpful at all..

I'll be off to 3 when the contract runs out in the spring.
Complaining about signal so you go to Three........
Old 03 December 2011, 02:39 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Vodafone did it to me and I checked terms and conditions and found that as long as the increase was under 6pc there was **** all I could do. Will prob go to tesco mobile next for the 12 month contracts
Old 03 December 2011, 04:01 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Rather have it with a shared signal, than not at all as voda constantly does

Mart