Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Angry cyclist or bad motorists?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2011, 11:33 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Angry cyclist or bad motorists?

I can't make my mind up, but I do think a lot of the outbusts are over reactions.
I have ridden and driven a lot of these roads. There are some idiots driving out there, and some poor examples of driving on the video, but I can't help thinking this guy is just angry lol

Is this guy just angry, or are the motorists to blame?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w
Old 28 November 2011, 11:48 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

There is a lot of 6 of one half a dozen of the other but there is also quite a bit of terrible driving.
Old 28 November 2011, 12:01 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Agree there is some seriously poor driving. But I think his attitude stinks at times too.
Old 28 November 2011, 12:14 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think thats all fair comment,he was chooped on some accasions,and the impression is that he is also looking for trouble.

Les
Old 28 November 2011, 12:15 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Agreed Les
Old 28 November 2011, 12:27 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I would not like to ride around London on a bike, it is interesting enough in a car.

However, he over-reacts and seems to be looking for trouble. A few instances he is right to get upset.

Steve
Old 28 November 2011, 12:32 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Onus is slightly different and this is where the problems come, a cyclist needs to ride well to avoid getting killed or injured, I am first to agree that they don't always but for drivers the onus is more to not endanger vulnerable road users through their behavior, be is cyclists, kids, pedestrians, horse riders etc.

With a bike you are largely responsible for your own safety, with a car you are more liable to hurt or kill someone else so you gain added responsibility.

Cyclists can be a pain in the ****, I know, I am referring to the weekend road warriors who prowl in packs at 15/20 mph, 2 or 3 abreast, I got held up at the weekend for a little while and its a bit aggravating but not worth endangering anyone's safety or your own license or liberty.

I think some drivers get so anti they are actively hostile, it is very rare that a cyclist does anything so heinous to a driver and they don't get a chance to physically hurt or threaten drivers like a driver can when using their car carelessly or aggressively. I think some drivers really get wound up by being held up for a few seconds but its part of driving, you will get held up by other cars, lights and a multitude of other things in any given journey and you cant rant at them all but cyclists are a nice easy target, you can get away in a car very easily hence why you get cars full of Chavs launching stuff sometimes. As fuel goes up and there is less money about there will be more people on bikes so we all may as well learn to get along, would be nice if all drivers had to cycle occasionally and all cyclists had at least driven a car once so they have an idea of each others perspective.
Old 28 November 2011, 12:35 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Road casualty waiting to happen. Just a matter of time, and when he wakes up with the news he is probably going to spend the rest of his life in a wheel chair he will most probably end up being a bitter old twisted angry man.
Old 28 November 2011, 12:37 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Get better anger management or take the bus or a cab! LOL (so long as a cabby doesn't recognise him )!

Talking of buses, I noticed that he doesn't bother shouting out the reg number of the buses....he probably knows full well what they'd say if he complained. Or is it because he knws the driver won't hear him. i.e Hes trying to provoke a reaction to only thise he knows will hear him?

There is evidence that says exercise+negative thoughts/lifestyle situations causes people to vent pent up anger more during excercise - its actually advised as anger management (but not on the publc highway ) So guess what happens when this guy starts pumping away at the pedals!

Last edited by ALi-B; 28 November 2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 28 November 2011, 01:14 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Some people need to get out more. I get cut up or have to deal with a tit at least once a day.

Do I feel the need to record it and put it on YouTube ?...no

He needs to stop worrying and get on with his life.
Old 28 November 2011, 02:37 PM
crookedvulture
BANNED

He should buy a Hummer
Old 28 November 2011, 02:42 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I think the Onus is slightly different and this is where the problems come, a cyclist needs to ride well to avoid getting killed or injured, I am first to agree that they don't always but for drivers the onus is more to not endanger vulnerable road users through their behavior, be is cyclists, kids, pedestrians, horse riders etc.

With a bike you are largely responsible for your own safety, with a car you are more liable to hurt or kill someone else so you gain added responsibility.

Cyclists can be a pain in the ****, I know, I am referring to the weekend road warriors who prowl in packs at 15/20 mph, 2 or 3 abreast, I got held up at the weekend for a little while and its a bit aggravating but not worth endangering anyone's safety or your own license or liberty.

I think some drivers get so anti they are actively hostile, it is very rare that a cyclist does anything so heinous to a driver and they don't get a chance to physically hurt or threaten drivers like a driver can when using their car carelessly or aggressively. I think some drivers really get wound up by being held up for a few seconds but its part of driving, you will get held up by other cars, lights and a multitude of other things in any given journey and you cant rant at them all but cyclists are a nice easy target, you can get away in a car very easily hence why you get cars full of Chavs launching stuff sometimes. As fuel goes up and there is less money about there will be more people on bikes so we all may as well learn to get along, would be nice if all drivers had to cycle occasionally and all cyclists had at least driven a car once so they have an idea of each others perspective.
Well said. I`ve been a cyclist (not for the past 3 years) and I can see from both points of view.
Old 28 November 2011, 02:47 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Guys seems to have ALOT of trouble doesn't he.... funny that...
Old 28 November 2011, 03:06 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I notice he didn't show any clips where he was going through red lights or jumping on and off pavements, funny that.
Old 28 November 2011, 03:34 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Guy is a *****, notice that he took some videos off you tube as they showed his bad cycling. He clearly thinks the world has to revolve around him and has no acceptance that sometime he may have to move out of the way of a car. I would quite happily see him run over and maimed as his videos make it look like he is deliberately winding people up to get better camera footage.
Old 28 November 2011, 03:41 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
I notice he didn't show any clips where he was going through red lights or jumping on and off pavements, funny that.

Post 14 - I think it's a new record for someone not mentioning that....

I wonder when we'll get to the Insurance / Road Tax / Riding without helmets bit?

As to the guy on the video: I've said before that there seems to be some cyclists who get into way more trouble than others. I can understand some of the frustration vented on occasion by people who see these kind of vids. There are many times when anticipation, courtesy and an acknowledgement that being right and dead is not preferable to discretion.

The CTC promotes assertive cycling and 'taking the lane' (stopping people from overtaking at pinch points / approaches to traffic lights etc) and cycling out of the gutter (close to the gutter is dangerous and counter-productive) but it doesn't promote being some kind of idiot vigilante.
Old 28 November 2011, 04:32 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Glad im not the only one who sees an angry man there before anything else lol.
London is a horrific place to cycle at the best of times, but his riding style leaves a lot to be desired, he avoids using certain cycle areas then screams at near misses.
Vauxhall Cross features a few times, that area alone has lots of things in place to make it safer, all of which he ignores.

I agree he is an accident waiting to happen. Would hate to see him behind the wheel of a car!

However it is an eye opener to all aspects of London roads. The end makes me laugh, justifying hitting a cab because it was close enough to! I shall try the opposite when a cyclist rides too close to my car next time.
Old 28 November 2011, 04:34 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

There is riding out of the gutter, and then there is riding down the middle of a lane with no observations being made to other road users. Doesnt seem to check over his shoulder much when vehicles are approaching, then he screams at them for passing him then moving back in as the highway code dictates
Old 28 November 2011, 04:50 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

This is another cyclist, apparently not good at judging distances.
http://youtu.be/u6w0ItyII0E
Old 28 November 2011, 04:53 PM
sonicvr6
BANNED

he's just a trouble maker
Old 28 November 2011, 05:17 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, I noticed he disabled comments on You Tube, I wonder why?
Old 28 November 2011, 05:19 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

He also highlights bad cyclists too, ironic lol
Old 28 November 2011, 05:22 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

He's a prat end of. Sooner or later he's going to irk the wrong guy and get his face smashed in.
Old 28 November 2011, 05:24 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Im surprised the cabbies all remained so well behaved lol
Old 28 November 2011, 05:30 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

More than 50% of that video i feel that there is no issue, and it is just the cyclist looking for trouble. Sometimes as people pass him it looks as though he is cycling faster to make it look bad once they have passed him. Total **** in my opinion.

Yes some of the time the drivers are being dopey douche bags but he is mostly in the wrong.

Yes when cycling you should be able to go out free of fear from the cars on the road, but this is the real world, not a real life reflection of the highway code. When i go out cycling my first thought when using roads is not "cars must respect me as a road user", but instead it is, "cars are bigger, stronger and harder and will probably kill me if they hit me at speed, so i will look out for them.

And i wont go hitting london cabs if i feel they are too close
Old 28 November 2011, 05:58 PM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

Have to say he is looking for trouble although some of the driving is awful. As mentioned above this guy will swear and jestrure at the wrong person one day and get the kicking of his life.

But it's like when your on a roundabout and somebody pulls out in front of you knowing your going to have to brake to not hit them. Why do people do that?
I would love to just drive into the side of some big flash range rover who thinks he doesn't have to give way like everybody else. I thankfully live in the sticks and don't have to drive in cities. When i do it drive me mad nobody indicates and flippin taxi drivers think normal rules don't apply to them...........and breath
Old 28 November 2011, 06:14 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Isn't this the same bell end we debated on the the thread the other day?

As someone said on that thread I bet there are no posted videos of him scooting up the edge of stationary/slow moving traffic missing everyone's door mirror by a whisker because it is OK to do that when he is the one making progress and calling the shots.

Of course he will never ride on the pavement or run a red light either as you can never find one single cyclist who will ever admit to that yet I see them doing it all the time in Manchester. Just this weekend a friend of mine narrowly missed being knocked over by some helmet cam wearing bell end cycling on the footpath as she emerged from a shop and he gave her the finger because he nearly came off his bike avoiding her. Pity he didn't end up splattered all over the pavement really!
Old 28 November 2011, 06:19 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Isn't this the same bell end we debated on the the thread the other day?

As someone said on that thread I bet there are no posted videos of him scooting up the edge of stationary/slow moving traffic missing everyone's door mirror by a whisker because it is OK to do that when he is the one making progress and calling the shots.

Of course he will never ride on the pavement or run a red light either as you can never find one single cyclist who will ever admit to that yet I see them doing it all the time in Manchester. Just this weekend a friend of mine narrowly missed being knocked over by some helmet cam wearing bell end cycling on the footpath as she emerged from a shop and he gave her the finger because he nearly came off his bike avoiding her. Pity he didn't end up splattered all over the pavement really!
Nope he is indeed perfect. If you look at his other videos, he has compilations of other cyclists misbehaving.
there is also another interesting video where he appears according to his gps, to well exceed 30mph for some time...... but thats legal.... right ? lol
Old 28 November 2011, 06:24 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

In fact looking at the vid again, he even comments that speed limits do not apply to cyclists.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000077.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	7134  
Old 28 November 2011, 06:34 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

How enlightening! There are a lot of drivers who have no spacial awareness & don't give a sh*t about other road users.
Well I never knew that.
Grow up.

Quick Reply: Angry cyclist or bad motorists?