Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

O2 gggrrrrrrrr !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2011, 05:40 PM
DARB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 gggrrrrrrrr !!!!!

I've just come to the end of a two year contract with a mid-term phone upgrade, So I contacted them yesterday to cancel the contract only to be told I have another year left ??? They told me when I did my mid-term upgrade that I signed for another two year contract I know I should have checked every word of the 25 page contract that I signed ( I cant remember signing one mid term just the original one ) but I just took it that it was an upgrade and took it as that, I'm still waiting for them to ring back but as yet its not looking good, I was told to contact the shop that sorted it, I said quite calmly that they should **** off they can sort it Which I have no doubt they will

So who would be the best organisation to speak to to help resolve this if they dont get back with a satisfactory outcome
Old 01 June 2011, 06:41 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Did you really not realise that when you accept a new phone you also accept a new contract?
Old 01 June 2011, 06:43 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Are you saying Phones aren't free? I thought only those pigs at Apple charged for phones.
Old 01 June 2011, 06:44 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

It's always been an extension of your contract with a new phone. It's not even in the fine print.
Old 01 June 2011, 06:59 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Sorry but you have no chance, No company will just give you an Upgrade,
Old 01 June 2011, 08:34 PM
Kev_turbo
Scooby Regular

I have also just finished a 24 month contract with O2 with mid term upgrade. I thought I still had 12 months left as 12 months ago I got a new iphone 3gs, I thought getting the new phone restarted the 24 month deal. I had phoned them for another mid term upgrade.

They informed me I was out of contract as the mid term does not start a new 24 month contract so I got new customer rates which were very good.

This is for o2 small business.
Old 01 June 2011, 08:45 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Generally when something looks to good to be true (mid-term upgrade for instance) it is!
Old 01 June 2011, 10:25 PM
DARB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Did you really not realise that when you accept a new phone you also accept a new contract?
Are you for real ?? The contract was for two years with a mid term upgrade, I started the contract in 2009 the had the mid term upgrade in 2010 and now the contract has ended as it's 2011, I thought this was clear from my original post, if you still don't understand I suggest you go back to the cbeebies website for some fun and games

KevTurbo that is exactly what I had and our lass too and she has just finished her contract but for some reason they started a new 2year contract for me, it was a question I specifically asked when signing back in 2009 and was told it was exactly what it said it was " two year contract with mid term upgrade"
Old 01 June 2011, 10:30 PM
DARB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by -shane-
Sorry but you have no chance, No company will just give you an Upgrade,
See Kev_turbo's post, they do if that's what it says in your contract
Old 01 June 2011, 10:53 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I can't belive what i read sometimes on scooby net. If its not someone wanting there money back for a tv they have had for a year not realising what size or screen type. It's someone complaining that he's taken a new phone without any consequence.

Jesus... And people moan about health and safety going too far? Its to protect these idiots from hurting themselves.
Old 01 June 2011, 11:43 PM
DARB
Scooby Regular

You really need to read people's posts before making stupid comments that are either to try and wind folk up or make you look like a fool

Although you seem to have succeeded with the later one