Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

V8 Supercars Fireball !!

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2011, 03:42 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Red face V8 Supercars Fireball !!

I was catching up with last weeks races at Barbagallo on Motors TV and was muttering to myself that the first race was pretty boring and then this happened at the start of Race 2, thankfully both drivers were fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhSF...eature=related

The TEGA in car views just show that Owen never stood a chance of avoiding Reindlers car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjIEj...eature=related

Last edited by Funkii Munkii; 10 May 2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10 May 2011, 03:53 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blimey that goes up well!!!
Old 10 May 2011, 04:14 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I still fail to see why cars crashing/exploding makes a race 'exciting'.

Bloke was lucky to be alive!

I much prefer to watch a race where every driver is on the ragged edge all the time.
As soon as somebody crashes, the interest is over for me. Why is it exciting when a driver/car can no longer compete?

I seriously believe F1 is heading for compulsory crashes if you represent are a typical casual viewer!

Last edited by Gear Head; 10 May 2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10 May 2011, 04:42 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gear Head
Is that a general comment ?? As there was no mention of it being exciting, shocking, most definitely !. I certainly didn't expect to see that last night, Motors usually show the race's a week after they've been run so I have to have a media black out on the series until I have seen the race, also a PITA when you want to join in the banter on the V8S forum

You should watch the series if you like ragged edge driving, maybe not Perth as it's all about the tyre's there (hence the pretty boring comment), but you'd like Hamilton, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Phillip Island to name a few.

Last edited by Funkii Munkii; 10 May 2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10 May 2011, 04:50 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gear Head

Bloke was lucky to be alive!

I much prefer to watch a race where every driver is on the ragged edge all the time.
As soon as somebody crashes, the interest is over for me. Why is it exciting when a driver/car can no longer compete?

I seriously believe F1 is heading for compulsory crashes if you represent are a typical casual viewer!
As Sir Stirling Moss says its the danger in the racing which makes it exciting to watch and to race, making it too safe dumbs down the spectacle.

Take Rallying for example, they are on the ragged edge and sometimes they go too far, sometimes they get away with it, sometimes they don`t. Thats what made Colin McRae great to watch is that he was so committed that the occasions he did crash were spectacular.

Having a race where there is no consequence for over running things, makes it all about tyre choice and pit stops, having a consequence for running too wide will show the better driver from the lesser ones, as the better drivers will be more able to tread that very fine line, and that will add excitement and reward those who take risks, also make those who can`t fail.

If you totally get rid of the risk of accidents and crashes then the world of motorsport is dead, as its the wheel to wheel action that is the most exciting, together with the drivers on the ragged edge.