Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

LloydsTSB collections dept: result!

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2011, 08:37 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default LloydsTSB collections dept: result!

Some of you on here will know that my eldest was made redundant for almost all of last year, and struggled through on jobseekers of £46 per week and some small work every few weeks.

All his creditors were understanding apart form Lloyds TSB, who were mean, and insisted on adding interest and charges to his small loan account when he couldn't pay each month IN FULL

He has consistently TRIED to deal with their collections department who are based somehwere in India, and seem simply to read from a script.

However, he has had permanent work since January and is now getting back on his feet. Unfortunately, the collections department continued to be complete ********, ringing him all the time, asking for all his arrears in one go, telling him different things every time he spoke to them, and finally demanding he paid nearly £350 a MONTH, which is far too large a chunk of his money, and THREE TIMES his original payment. They moved the golaposts every time he thought he had a deal, they changed it, asking for more and more.

Eventually he lost it, told them to get lost and WROTE, Snail Mail to the department which is based in Hove.
He listed all his grievances and all the rubbish they have told him, most of it completely contradictory.

Today he has had a response.

Not only have they accepted that they acted badly, but have refunded all the interest he has paid for last year ONTO the loan, so reducing the capital, and paid him £100 for his inconvenience.

They have further accepted his stance that he won't deal with them over the phone, and have asked him to write stating how much he can AFFORD to pay per month.

I think they have finally acted properly, and as a bank should.
Score one for putting it in writing: old technology it may be, but it works!

They have gone up in my estimation, but they DO need to sort out the Indian end of things
Old 19 March 2011, 08:47 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same problem with them when i had a very bad patch in my life and i still only pay them £10 a month and they keep asking for more and my answer is i will reduce them to £1 a month if they keep asking as i know they have wrote my debt off already just trying to get some money back i was a customer of theres for 21 years and they treated me like shyte so tell your son to offer them as little as possible so he's happy if they take him to court they will get £1 a month so he can play them at there own game and tell them to swivel
Old 19 March 2011, 09:14 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

My Daughter lost her job many years ago and HSBC have been very similar. They have hounded her for a single complete payment of all arrears. She thinks she has an agreement and then the next day it's all forgotten. So although she nis paying them a considerable amount every week, they keep adding interest on for the whole arreas every month.
A small loan has now turned into a £23,000 debt, she has tries to get them to agree a lower settlement and even though she is working she has decided to make herself bankrupt, so in fact instead of getting something, they will now get FA.

Last edited by r32; 19 March 2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 19 March 2011, 09:21 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

if she speaks to citizens advice they can make the apr stop as its what happened with mine
Old 19 March 2011, 10:36 PM
Ste RB5138
Scooby Regular

Most of the Indian call centers are terrible to deal with I have found.

A good outcome in the end though.
Old 20 March 2011, 08:54 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I remember getting turned down for a loan when i was a lot younger and naive , it was to clear a store card, and my overdraft

The stance they took was "we don't finance other people's debt"

Funny how they took on buying on Sub prime loans, which is nothing more than other banks debts lol

Mart
Old 20 March 2011, 09:12 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear they saw sense in the end.

Les
Old 20 March 2011, 09:26 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360

Funny how they took on buying on Sub prime loans, which is nothing more than other banks debts
How is a sub-prime loan another banks debt?
Old 20 March 2011, 10:37 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Some of you on here will know that my eldest was made redundant for almost all of last year, and struggled through on jobseekers of £46 per week and some small work every few weeks.

All his creditors were understanding apart form Lloyds TSB, who were mean, and insisted on adding interest and charges to his small loan account when he couldn't pay each month IN FULL

He has consistently TRIED to deal with their collections department who are based somehwere in India, and seem simply to read from a script.

However, he has had permanent work since January and is now getting back on his feet. Unfortunately, the collections department continued to be complete ********, ringing him all the time, asking for all his arrears in one go, telling him different things every time he spoke to them, and finally demanding he paid nearly £350 a MONTH, which is far too large a chunk of his money, and THREE TIMES his original payment. They moved the golaposts every time he thought he had a deal, they changed it, asking for more and more.

Eventually he lost it, told them to get lost and WROTE, Snail Mail to the department which is based in Hove.
He listed all his grievances and all the rubbish they have told him, most of it completely contradictory.

Today he has had a response.

Not only have they accepted that they acted badly, but have refunded all the interest he has paid for last year ONTO the loan, so reducing the capital, and paid him £100 for his inconvenience.

They have further accepted his stance that he won't deal with them over the phone, and have asked him to write stating how much he can AFFORD to pay per month.

I think they have finally acted properly, and as a bank should.
Score one for putting it in writing: old technology it may be, but it works!

They have gone up in my estimation, but they DO need to sort out the Indian end of things
Excellent news Jeff! Although I bet you helped him write the letter as only you can describe!

Luckily the CAB were good with me over my loan and credit card. I have an agreed amount they both get every month which is obviously now a separate company.

But I do have 2 overdrafts with Lloyds TSB and these cost me about £50 a month just in interest. The barstards quietly put in a £5 monthly usage fee on top of the interest just to cream more off me. But as the banks won in the charges battle they can do as they please. So in theory by getting interest off me for two minor accs they are getting less for a more substancial credit card! I refuse to even call customer services now Jeff, simply making some mineon in the local branch do it when I go in

Next time you're round mine seeing baby Isaac I'll get the address off you for Hove if I can please and maybe put a letter together to freeze the interest.
Old 20 March 2011, 10:44 AM
Hilla
Scooby Regular

I can confirm Lloyds TSB do not have debt collection services in India - they're based in Brighton.
Old 20 March 2011, 10:47 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trout
How is a sub-prime loan another banks debt?
http://www.channel4.com/news/article...+/3004182.html

Packaged and sold on to other financial institutions.

Mart
Old 20 March 2011, 11:07 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hilla
I can confirm Lloyds TSB do not have debt collection services in India - they're based in Brighton.
Why would anyone come on here and post such rubbish? He has been dealing with collections for nearly a YEAR now, and whilst the ADRESS to write to is in Hove, I can confirm that when you ring up, you ARE speaking to someone in India.

That's unless the two different guys I asked were telling lies?
Or maybe everyone in Hove is Indian and speaks very poor English
Old 20 March 2011, 11:10 AM
Sy5
Scooby Regular

If you stop paying for 3 payments the account will default and interest will stop. This does affect your credit rating though. You can agree with them a fixed monthly payment without using any debt companys. I had lots of debts going back 10 years ago. I rang CCCS and they told me what to do. I had 5k and managed to clear most debts with it by offering a low lump sum as full and final settlement. Lloyds use BLS (or did) as their collectors. I owed them £3600 and offered £2000. They accepted it.
Old 20 March 2011, 12:04 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Hilla
That may well be the case and in which case can someone please explain why the calls come from India and not the UK if that is where the collections department is...

Last edited by The Zohan; 20 March 2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 20 March 2011, 02:46 PM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

Good result. Took me ages to sort out my problems with Abbey National.
Old 20 March 2011, 03:22 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
...baby Isaac...
Congratulations.
Old 20 March 2011, 04:04 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

LOL, baby Isaac gets everywhere, how did he get into MY thread?
Old 20 March 2011, 05:15 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
LOL, baby Isaac gets everywhere, how did he get into MY thread?
You wanna see where all his poo gets too
Old 20 March 2011, 07:04 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Aaaaaaah, you're loving it, you mention it every third post
Old 20 March 2011, 07:16 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate, didn't mean to take the thread off topic
Old 20 March 2011, 08:24 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Topic............now that DOES look like a lump of..........