Originally Posted by JTaylor
What specifically?
This is the bit where your token Muslim mate makes an entrance
Old 26 October 2012, 04:45 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I do not disagree at all with you on criticising twisted practices, beliefs, orthodoxy and fundamentalism of any religion, and I appreciate your investigation for the grounds and roots of terrorism. But regardless of Riddah and Fatwa etc., not every Muslim has a wish to bomb the place down, nor does every Muslim have 20 children per head. However, this Riddah point that you make is also a valid point for the study.

About kafir status, doesn't Christianity say something similar for other religions?
Christianity may not order to read a death sentence against someone doing one from the Christian religion, but I clearly remember a protestant friend slating all other religions, and calling their believers devils with the invisible horns sticking out of their heads.

I got into a discussion with the Alpha course trainer when his sample teachings (that cliffs diagram to show the distance between the God and a human) seemed anti-human to me. He was saying that if one is on the way to the church, one needs to get to the church- no matter what. I asked him- "What if I find a life in danger on my way to the church? Shouldn't I miss the church and save him/her instead? Won't that be equal to worshipping God?" He firmly said- "No. You need to get to the church, if you want to get to God".

I just smiled. .>
I just don't buy the moral equivalence; it's demonstrably and self-evidently false.
Old 26 October 2012, 05:04 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I just don't buy the moral equivalence; it's demonstrably and self-evidently false.
No one is trying to convince you, so don't buy. No religion is free of fruitloops and faults, and I stick by it. Some ideologies may be worse than others; due to their radical teachings and the number of radicals they have as their followers, I know. But that is not to say that others are whiter than white.
Old 26 October 2012, 05:18 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

No one is trying to convince you, so don't buy. No religion is free of fruitloops and faults, and I stick by it.
I'm on record as having written polemics against Christian literalists, so on this we're absolutely agreed.

Some ideologies may be worse than others; due to their radical teachings and the number of radicals they have as their followers, I know.
If I were to state that Islam is a religious-ideology whereas Christianity is a religion, would you find any fallacies?

But that is not to say that others are whiter than white.
Of course, I'm not aware of ever having suggested anything to the contrary.
Old 26 October 2012, 06:04 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

If I were to state that Islam is a religious-ideology whereas Christianity is a religion, would you find any fallacies?
Whether a religious ideology or a religion, it makes no difference when it comes to it's literal practitioners that would call others' beliefs the work of satan/devil, and prioritise congragating at the church than saving someone's life.

Christianity is quite twisted at places to the point of making someone chunder. All religions or religious ideologies are like that at places, and the twisted literalists ensure the exhibition of their nausiatic twists. I'll slate any of the religions for their anti-human stances/practices any time of the day. I am sure my God of Humanity will understand my straight-to-the-point argument; without unnecessarily intellectualising the matter further.
Old 26 October 2012, 06:07 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Ok, well I don't think you've understood the question, so we'll have to leave it.
Old 26 October 2012, 06:11 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I'm not that clever, but know the difference between a religious ideology and a religion. However, we are better off leaving it.

It's Friday, and I am supposed to go out tonight. Have a good one.
Old 26 October 2012, 06:14 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I'm not that clever, but know the difference between a religious ideology and a religion. However, we are better off leaving it.

It's Friday, and I am supposed to go out tonight. Have a good one.
Have fun, Swati. X
Old 26 October 2012, 06:22 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Have fun, Swati. X
You, too. X
Old 27 October 2012, 08:32 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

What specifically?
On the contrary, a Muslim carries the memeplex from the moment they're born.

This.
Old 28 October 2012, 10:43 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
This.
So you'd like to know whether my statement "a Muslim carries the memeplex from the moment they're born" is based on what I've read or from my own personal experience from interacting with Muslims? Neither and both; I deduced it independently, confirmed my deduction via observation and have subsequently read supporting text. The only situation where the statement is untrue is when said Muslim is a convert (or revert as the memeplex insists he or she be known); suffice to say the statement then applies to the convert's offspring should they go on to have them.
Old 28 October 2012, 02:34 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

confirmed my deduction via observation
Old 28 October 2012, 03:08 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
You've picked out the word observation and linked it to binoculars and then gone to look for a picture on the internet to illustrate your thought pattern. You clever little thing, Isaac.
Old 28 October 2012, 03:29 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

My point is that you confirmed by observation, wouldn't interaction of provided you with more conclusive validation?
Old 28 October 2012, 03:40 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
My point is that you confirmed by observation, wouldn't interaction of provided you with more conclusive validation?
What material facts do you have at your disposal to enable you to conclude that interaction and observation are exclusive activities and that one didn't precede the other?