Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Injury claim questions.

Old 30 December 2010, 08:55 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injury claim questions.

I had a road accident in my works vehicle earlier this year which led to whiplash. So I got one of these no win no fee places on to it.

The accdent was all down to the other party, the 3rd party insurers are denying liabilty.

Had a letter today from my acting solicitors, that they've had no response from them and would advise I instruct them to start court proceedings to put pressure on them.

How often do these things end up in court?

I had to go to court this year as a witness and hated it so I'm not looking forward to going again.
Old 30 December 2010, 09:13 AM
Blue and Gold
Scooby Regular

You will probably find that once threatened with court they will admit liability or if it does go to court which I see unlikely then a judge will decide it depends how much evidence you have to back your story up i.e pictures or witnesses if the police attended then a police report
hope that helps
Old 30 December 2010, 09:19 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Thanks , no witness's but I've provided pictures also detailed drawing which the 3rd party hasn't
Old 30 December 2010, 09:24 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Also when in court, don't forget to turn your whole body - not just your head, when looking at the Judge
Old 30 December 2010, 09:57 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Rarely get to court - wife is a PI solicitor and only if the case is very shakey does it end up in Court (to ascertain liability) or to when the 2 sides have massive differing of opinion as to the value. I don't think she has been in court with a case on liability for about 5 years (she won) but a couple of her cases went to court for quantum.

Courts try and keep claims out of court for obvious reasons.

Yours is not going to be large figures so a good chance that eventually you will settle long before going anywhere near a courtroom.
Old 30 December 2010, 10:01 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Rarely get to court - wife is a PI solicitor and only if the case is very shakey does it end up in Court (to ascertain liability) or to when the 2 sides have massive differing of opinion as to the value. I don't think she has been in court with a case on liability for about 5 years (she won) but a couple of her cases went to court for quantum.

Courts try and keep claims out of court for obvious reasons.

Yours is not going to be large figures so a good chance that eventually you will settle long before going anywhere near a courtroom.
Thats want I wanted to hear thanks.they have valued the injury going by similar claims at £1600 so not a great amount.
Old 30 December 2010, 05:41 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why didn't you go through the works insurance for the personal injury claim ?

Presumably the "no-win, no fee" solicitors you are using are persuing the other driver for negligence / breach of duty of care through the civil courts which is a bit of a long winded way of doing things, especially if the other party denies being negligent....

Hopefully it won't get as far as a courtroom.

Shaun
Old 30 December 2010, 06:23 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I asked them but got told I can do it myself, which I prefer as they're useless when it comes to paperwork.

For instance a ex employee tried to sue for unfair dismissal, the organised company that we are forgot about the letters/couldn't be arsed so he won his £15,000 claim. Not bad to say he was sacked on fair grounds