Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Where's My Human Rights

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2010, 10:24 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where's My Human Rights

What is the world coming to when a man can take a child's life and claim asylum based on the Human Rights argument that he has his own child.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-12007100

The comments by Amy Houston's father just about it sum it up for me:

Mr Houston said: "What are the judges saying here? They are saying it doesn't matter what you do when you come here, who you kill, what laws you break, as long as you have a child here you can stay?

"You work hard, play by the rules, pay your taxes and this is how you get treated. What does that say about politicians, our leaders and the legal system? It's a joke."

He added: "This man is a criminal, do we have no say who we allow in this country?

"He's not a life-saving surgeon or a Nobel prize winner. He was a criminal before, a criminal now and he will continue being a criminal.

"The Human Rights Act is for everybody, not just asylum-seekers and terrorists.

"How can he say he's deprived of his right to a family life? The only person deprived of a family life is me. Amy was my only family."

"They are obsessed with the rights of others from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. Where are my human rights?"
Old 16 December 2010, 10:28 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this interview on the news and have to say it bought a lump to my throat.

Anyway - https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...judges-on.html
Old 17 December 2010, 12:15 AM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Disgrace
Old 17 December 2010, 08:54 AM
borderlinechris
Scooby Regular

there is no longer any justice in this country anymore. i really feel sorry for him and his family.
Old 17 December 2010, 09:03 AM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

The 'human rights' get out clause is becoming a joke.
It's about time those people in high places with their rose tinted glasses had a reality check!!!
Old 17 December 2010, 09:12 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I felt awful last night, really upset that these things happen in our country. I feel that everything our grandparents fought for in the war was for nothing. We are a soft touch to those who abuse our system in this country. Sickening.
Old 17 December 2010, 09:25 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
I felt awful last night, really upset that these things happen in our country. I feel that everything our grandparents fought for in the war was for nothing. We are a soft touch to those who abuse our system in this country. Sickening.
+1
Old 17 December 2010, 09:34 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

With that freedom created weve been locked into Stateside foreign policy tho, kurds were the most picked on saps during Sadams regime ,

You couldnt send one of these back with the best will in the world
Old 17 December 2010, 09:37 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
This is a complete travesty and one that was forecast before Billy Liar and his cronies signed up to the Human Rights Act. But all of them are in it together ....

"... The Tory leader in a written statement for today's Convention on Modern Liberty promises that a Conservative government would replace the Human Rights Act with a British bill of rights to "better tailor, but also strengthen, the protection of our core rights." The Convention of Modern Liberty has also been backed by the Liberal Democrat leader, Nick Clegg, who said that its work was important in highlighting the liberties that had been lost and inspiring a new alliance in Britain to take our freedoms back. ..."

From ... http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...s-human-rights ... [Saturday 28 February 2009]

More lying politicians. Quelle surprise ...... I have a feeling that this one may run a little and make it very uncomfortable for the powers that be. Who knows, it may even be the tipping point we need to force the scumbags in power to listen to the electorate for once. Not holding my breath though!

Dave

Whilst i do not exactly love the current government i did hope it would honour some of thier pledges that got them elected - this case was an ideal opportunity for them to stand up and be counted - i do hope this does run on and does make them see sense.

Violent, drug dealing, child killing immigrants should not be welcomed or protected & they should loose their right to stay as soon as they commit crimes and be on the next flight out of the UK - family and all. If that is not an incentive to behave then is shows just how bad and evil they really are!

To add insult to inury (and not belittling the killing of a child) the tax payer will end up supporting this scum for the rest of his life - how fcuked up is that!
Old 17 December 2010, 09:45 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
With that freedom created weve been locked into Stateside foreign policy tho, kurds were the most picked on saps during Sadams regime ,

You couldnt send one of these back with the best will in the world
why not - of course you can send him back, given what he chose to do - do you feel that this country will benefit from a violent, drug dealer who kills kids though his actions?

There is a big difference between being civilised and fiar and being a complete spinless push-over at the mercy of the ECHR
Old 17 December 2010, 09:50 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

He would of been sent back after the first crime if it was me !
Old 17 December 2010, 09:55 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
He would of been sent back after the first crime if it was me !
Reading on it appears he committed further crimes after killing the little girl - and his defence and reason for not deporting him is that he has had two kids since being in the UK and is a family man and the HR law states they cannot be split separated.

So much for the human rights of the poor child and her family then - it is perverse!

Cameron - stand up and be counted on this you wrote to the father saying you would do something about this so DO SOMETHING!
Old 17 December 2010, 10:36 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Good comment from the dad about spliting his family up "He can take them anywhere. I can't take my daughter, she's dead." Says it all.

Need a few more like this chap in this country. He's got ***** (literally)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...boyfriend.html

5t.
Old 17 December 2010, 10:41 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Jon et al, some might suggest the bereaved father should exercise his human right for justice by hunting the scum down and subjecting him to a death equal in its pain and horror to his daughter's death.
Old 17 December 2010, 10:46 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
Jon et al, some might suggest the bereaved father should exercise his human right for justice by hunting the scum down and subjecting him to a death equal in its pain and horror to his daughter's death.
I would hope that someone will get the scumbag - as justice certainly has not been served here!
Old 17 December 2010, 10:49 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Reading on it appears he committed further crimes after killing the little girl - and his defence and reason for not deporting him is that he has had two kids since being in the UK and is a family man and the HR law states they cannot be split separated.
Deport him and send his kids with him. That way we aren't splitting them up
Old 17 December 2010, 10:55 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
I would hope that someone will get the scumbag - as justice certainly has not been served here!
Some might also suggest that the bereaved father is an honourable man and would not dream of carrying out such justice. But these people would also admit that there are people out there who would do it for minimal financial gain, nay, they would do it gratis due to the awful way the poor girl died.
Old 17 December 2010, 11:35 AM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I am very reluctant to jump on the immigration bandwagon, but this man is a criminal plain and simple and the law is an embarrassment and a kick in the teeth to the girl's father.
Old 17 December 2010, 11:51 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

It's not just the Government though. It's the fecking Judges that are allowing this to continue. If the Judge had a decent bone in his body, he `could` have deported him.

You can understand the frustration of the Police at times. They stop a crime. They arrest the suspect. Spend hours building up a case. Only for the Judge to deem his crime not harsh enough to warrant a custodial sentence. Sh!tty little fine and community service, allowing said scum to continue to plague society with his crimes.

I'm just waiting for the Human Right brigade to call the father a Racist for wanting the man who killed his Daughter deported.
Old 17 December 2010, 12:12 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Father is on Jeremy Vine show now
Old 17 December 2010, 12:52 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr Houston said: "What are the judges saying here? They are saying it doesn't matter what you do when you come here, who you kill, what laws you break, as long as you have a child here you can stay?

"You work hard, play by the rules, pay your taxes and this is how you get treated. What does that say about politicians, our leaders and the legal system? It's a joke."

He added: "This man is a criminal, do we have no say who we allow in this country?

"He's not a life-saving surgeon or a Nobel prize winner. He was a criminal before, a criminal now and he will continue being a criminal.

"The Human Rights Act is for everybody, not just asylum-seekers and terrorists.

"How can he say he's deprived of his right to a family life? The only person deprived of a family life is me. Amy was my only family."

"They are obsessed with the rights of others from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. Where are my human rights?"
Spot on, we need to stop caring so much about "Johnny Foreigner"!
Old 17 December 2010, 12:58 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

It's wrong to blame the judges as they are there to uphold the law as it stands. If the law needs changing then that's a separate political matter.

But I am not so sure that it is human rights that are the real issue, rather the fact that an uninsured, disqualified driver who ran away leaving a little kid under his vehicle isn't sent down for a long time.

Poor liitle girl.

dl
Old 17 December 2010, 01:06 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send them all f**king back!
Old 17 December 2010, 01:23 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
It's wrong to blame the judges as they are there to uphold the law as it stands. If the law needs changing then that's a separate political matter.

dl
Its lawyers really. The ones who must be patting themselves on the back at 'successfully' defending this slime and getting a nice wedge into the bargain (probably from the taxpayer) and also those who write the laws.

Don't forget lawyers train to write in longwinded deliberately ambigous terms so that there can be an element of 'interpretation'. If someone had written "anyone claiming asylum and committing a crime will have instantly revoked all their claims to asylum and be immediately deported to their country of origin." We wouldn't be having this conversation.

5t.
Old 17 December 2010, 02:25 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Simply disgusted. My heart goes out to the father of the poor girl.
Old 17 December 2010, 02:36 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by David Lock

But I am not so sure that it is human rights that are the real issue, rather the fact that an uninsured, disqualified driver who ran away leaving a little kid under his vehicle isn't sent down for a long time.

Poor liitle girl.

dl
Actually, you can blame the judges because they have the freedom to interpret the law to enforce it in the spirit in which it was intended. I am pretty sure it wasn't intended to protect the guilty and remove the human rights of a victim which is what has happened in this instance.
Old 17 December 2010, 02:54 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The Human Rights cobble up seems to avoid as much "Natural Law" which is what our own British laws were based on, as far as they think they can get away with.

So far yet another election promise made by our gallant leader which has been conveniently pushed into the background. The longer it takes for them to do anything the easier it is to kick such promises into the dust.

They must be on a promise of some very good sinecures should we ever become federated into that corrupt organisation.

Les
Old 17 December 2010, 03:15 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

I have stopped watching Custom programmes which are based in UK.

Arresting illegal immigrants on the streets at work and after commiting crimes it is just a waste of time. If they have no passports they must let them go to sign on at a local police station, terrible example3 of our legal system. They then fail to sign on a get on working illiegally and await rearrest. A nice wee circle and we deserve it being run by the legally trained politicians running the country now and in the past.

Why are these illegals not locked up awaiting paperwork, stop the pansy treatment. Send out the message this country is not a soft touch for any immigrant looking for work or religious nut who does not like us but wants to live here a preach his crap.

Now according to Clegg we are going to have the best treatement for illegals children they have brought here. So not locking up children is not sitting well with liberal minded in this country. Why not deport them all faster then, only have one appeal and it must be heard with 7 days make it all faster and get them all back. Put proof on the ilegals to find evidence and supply no legal aid for anyone suing the Govt or more importanly the taxpayer. When you are at it make all legal aid no win no pay see how many legal firms will take criminal cases then if not taxpayer funded.

Quick Reply: Where's My Human Rights