Old 29 August 2010, 01:24 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess there's a sarnie van nearby
Old 29 August 2010, 01:28 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...or if it's in Essex - Donuts somewhere near!
Old 29 August 2010, 01:40 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Hang on....

“.....they were attending a briefing following a shooting incident.....”

So there is a person running around shooting people and we are more bothered about the cars being parked on double yellows.

If it is a major incident, you would have had a hurriedly put together briefing to decide a response to the incident, you can’t expect the cars to be parked in a car park miles away in case they need a quick response. You will also have a lot of police units descending onto the station for the briefing which would swamp the normal car park facilities.

If you notice as well, they are all marked police cars, so they will be emergency response cars. If another emergency comes in, you need to be close to the car in order to respond. The estate cars may also be dog vans or armed response – which cannot be too far from the officers.

I get this quite a lot when I turn up at emergencies and people moaning that the car is on a yellow line. I am tempted to park it the multi story next time and have a 3 mile walk to the house where it is all kicking off....
Old 29 August 2010, 02:17 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
Hang on....

So there is a person running around shooting people and we are more bothered about the cars being parked on double yellows.

If it is a major incident, you would have had a hurriedly put together briefing to decide a response to the incident, you can’t expect the cars to be parked in a car park miles away in case they need a quick response. You will also have a lot of police units descending onto the station for the briefing which would swamp the normal car park facilities.

If you notice as well, they are all marked police cars, so they will be emergency response cars. If another emergency comes in, you need to be close to the car in order to respond. The estate cars may also be dog vans or armed response – which cannot be too far from the officers.

I get this quite a lot when I turn up at emergencies and people moaning that the car is on a yellow line. I am tempted to park it the multi story next time and have a 3 mile walk to the house where it is all kicking off....
Don't forget to pay for a parking ticket before you leave the multi storey car park..
Old 29 August 2010, 02:35 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
Don't forget to pay for a parking ticket before you leave the multi storey car park..
And charge it back to the publlic...
Old 29 August 2010, 05:49 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Try typing "Peary Street" into Google Earth and select the entry for Colyhurst (yup, the Wail can't spell for toffee). Directly opposite Collyhurst police station, just across Rochdale Road, is a car park that must have several hundred spaces. I believe that it is only a couple of quid per day, which is far cheaper than a parking ticket for which us "mortals" would end up getting if we took the **** like those police drivers did.

Indeed there are a few "blue roofed" vehicles/vans visible in Peary Street on Google Earth, so maybe it isn't such an unusual (e.g. "a hurriedly put together briefing") situation after all??

mb
Old 29 August 2010, 06:08 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Hang on....

The key word there is breifing, they do not require a response time if im correct, was it urgent they all attended the briefing asap? if so why not have it closer to the scene of the crime?

It seems there is a list of pre meditated excuses for you lot and it pi55es me off!

The resaon you get it all the time is these "emergency response units" as you call them seem to potter about my town centre all the time, looking for people to bother, not exactly emergency material is it, and why on a fri and sat night do i see at least 2 patrol cars (that look exactly the same as these fictional emergency response units!) parked up illegally outside the only decent takeaway in my town, chatting eating food when they clearly should be working. If anyone else does it though, they get a ticket and i have seen this first hand!

Does the 159 mph vecta driver work in your force cos he has the same list of b0llocks excuses!
Old 29 August 2010, 06:25 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

And charge it back to the publlic...

Old 29 August 2010, 06:53 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Lol@ the love in this thread.
Old 29 August 2010, 08:06 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Hang on....

"cun?t

Last edited by Xx-IAN-xX; 29 August 2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 29 August 2010, 09:22 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Xx-IAN-xX
"cun?t
I see you had to edit that response....

Couldn't spell it, or had the brain cell gone out for the day
Old 29 August 2010, 09:42 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
The key word there is breifing, they do not require a response time if im correct, was it urgent they all attended the briefing asap? if so why not have it closer to the scene of the crime?
They may do if it’s an ongoing incident – they will want to brief the units straight away and get them back out. They will also need to do the briefing where they have access to images of the scene, intelligence, photos, aerial shots – the best place for that is somewhere that has access to the force computer system.

The police units that go to these briefings may also be called out to another shout part way through if another emergency comes in – so they need to be close to their vehicles
Originally Posted by GC8WRX
The resaon you get it all the time is these "emergency response units" as you call them seem to potter about my town centre all the time, looking for people to bother, not exactly emergency material is it, and why on a fri and sat night do i see at least 2 patrol cars (that look exactly the same as these fictional emergency response units!) parked up illegally outside the only decent takeaway in my town, chatting eating food when they clearly should be working. If anyone else does it though, they get a ticket and i have seen this first hand!
They will ‘potter’ about the town if there are no ongoing emergencies. Response units will tackle the queue of jobs lined up as ‘non emergency’. This can be anything from burglaries to sudden deaths to shop lifters to missing from homes. If they sight a known person, they are bound to stop him to check if he is wanted etc.

Parking up outside of a take away – we are entitled to a meal break within a 12 hour shift. Now, if they have parked it on a double yellow to do it, then it’s clearly wrong. Lads from our force have had their driving permits taken away in the past for doing similar as well as being fined for illegally parking. I don’t have a problem with this, but if there is an emergency going on then the public should take this into consideration.
Old 29 August 2010, 10:00 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boomer
Try typing "Peary Street" into Google Earth and select the entry for Colyhurst (yup, the Wail can't spell for toffee). Directly opposite Collyhurst police station, just across Rochdale Road, is a car park that must have several hundred spaces. I believe that it is only a couple of quid per day, which is far cheaper than a parking ticket for which us "mortals" would end up getting if we took the **** like those police drivers did.

Indeed there are a few "blue roofed" vehicles/vans visible in Peary Street on Google Earth, so maybe it isn't such an unusual (e.g. "a hurriedly put together briefing") situation after all??

mb
Boomer

It would seem a good idea – is it a private or council car park. Would the local council tax payers be happy about paying for the parking up of police vehicles throughout the day. Presumably, if a car leaves and then returns, it will have to buy another ticket.

We have about 15 marked Ford Focuses. If the cars never move - £2 per day per car over the year will be nearly £11,000 on parking alone. Then if we add on the rest of the fleet (CID, Vans, SOCO, support units) it will be costing the tax payer one arm and one leg just to park the vehicles near to the police station.
Old 29 August 2010, 10:10 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

No one is having my third leg,you can have my right arm and left leg...Don't forget to take with you some one arm handcuffs..
Old 29 August 2010, 10:48 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Boomer

It would seem a good idea – is it a private or council car park. Would the local council tax payers be happy about paying for the parking up of police vehicles throughout the day. Presumably, if a car leaves and then returns, it will have to buy another ticket.

We have about 15 marked Ford Focuses. If the cars never move - £2 per day per car over the year will be nearly £11,000 on parking alone. Then if we add on the rest of the fleet (CID, Vans, SOCO, support units) it will be costing the tax payer one arm and one leg just to park the vehicles near to the police station.
You cannot seriously defend the action in question
It is a massive exercise in PR epic failure from the rozzers.
Stick to the rules by which you judge us or face the backlash from the public with humility.
It is this sort of blatant disregard for the very rules by which we are forced to live that increase the perceived divide between those who enforce and those who are forced to comply.
Google earth does indeed show this urgent briefing to be at best, bollocks, at worst a cover up to deflect what is common practice.
At Fareham central station in Hampshire, every day there are staffs own private cars over spilling the car park to the point where they park on the pavement outside, blocking the footpath from use by those in mobility devices and wheelchairs.

Seriously, you wonder why people call you ****s?
Old 30 August 2010, 01:24 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Peanuts

If it is happening time and time again on non emergency matters - then it’s clearly wrong and they need to re-think where to park the cars. Also, private cars blocking the footpaths is again wrong and they should have them towed away – I don’t have a problem with that.

My gripe is that people think we should not park on double yellows no matter what. But unless they know what is happening they should not pass comment.

I can remember driving through the town on a Saturday night to see a fight erupt – one girl has hit another and lays her out. I pull to the side of the road next to them. My mate catches the culprit and I tend to the girl who has clouted her head on the path as she fell so now has claret coming from the back of her head and her nose. Her two friends are now hysterical and other people are seeking revenge on the other girl. All the time this is going on, there is a bloke wittering on in my ear about the car being on a double yellow line. What does he want me to do, go to the local multi storey and park there...???
Old 30 August 2010, 02:30 AM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Felix
Why do you bother trying to justify or rationalising anything in these "Police are all *****" threads?
Just let people crack on and chunter on.Funnily enough,it always seems to be the same people-I just hope they never have the need for the emergency services.however,I bet if they did,they would be the first in the queue to ask for help.
Damned if you do,damned if you don't...
Old 30 August 2010, 09:37 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

What a fuss!!

Les
Old 30 August 2010, 09:41 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Its probably the "same people" who have had previous bad experiences with the knobbers in blue.

Which in this day and age, appears to be an increasing number.
Old 30 August 2010, 09:42 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Its probably the "same people" who have had previous bad experiences with the knobbers in blue.

Old 30 August 2010, 10:34 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Felix I don't think any rational sensible person would have any problem whatsoever with any emergency service doing whatever is necessary in an emergency situation.
As you say it is abuse in a non emergency situation that needs sorting.
Old 30 August 2010, 10:39 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
Its probably the "same people" who have had previous bad experiences with the boys in blue.

I disagree with your last statement Micky, in this day and age someone could get a simple questioning and consider that a bad run in.
When I was a wee lad and indeed sometimes a bit of an oik, you got tugged, a few questions, back to mammy for a hiding.
Nowadays that would be construed as harassment!

Its a thankless and necessary job, sure there are some who are a little more over zealous than the majority but that is true in every single walk of life.

Just park right when its not urgent
Old 30 August 2010, 10:43 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I have seen the odd clip round the ear in previous times. Sorted the odd troublesome prat out and they could expect the same again from their parents if they started whining about it. Tended to stop the awkward ones soon enough.

Les
Old 31 August 2010, 12:52 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by billyray911
Felix
Why do you bother trying to justify or rationalising anything in these "Police are all *****" threads?
Just let people crack on and chunter on.Funnily enough,it always seems to be the same people-I just hope they never have the need for the emergency services.however,I bet if they did,they would be the first in the queue to ask for help.
Damned if you do,damned if you don't...
Who gave you that idea, the police are useless except for fining drivers for small pointless things, they are glorified tax collectors and dvla enforcers, nothing more!

Not one person i know would wver go to the police for assistance, it is usually quicker to get things done yourself, here is an example of my REAL WORLD experiences.....

3 years ago my mates car was broken into when it was left in his secured works carpark overnight, they nicked 2 grands worth of stereo equipment and it was all caught on cctv.

The next morning the police were phoned and told of the theft and the fact it was all on cctv was mentioned more than once too, but the best they could be bothered to do was offer two trainee officers to come round and look at the cctv, but it would be in 3 days time (wtf?).

Now some of these amps were imported from america, and were quite rare in the uk, making it easy to spot them a mile off, and we were advised of them being touted for sale on the local mcdonalds carpark by 3 tw@s in a clio, so we went down there and "acquired" them back!

2 days after that (making the response time 5 days), two wet behind the ears 19 year old trainee police showed up, viewed the cctv and said they was nothing they could do as any forensic evidence will have become useless by now (how about showing up the morning we rang them)

as for the other emergency services, they alot of respect from me cos they help the public rather that treat them like second class citizens, but coppers are the lowest of the low and 99% of them are school bully victims looking for that bit of respect they couldnt get at school!

I have been told by a pcso toy copper to "stop ******* swearing" ffs
Old 31 August 2010, 01:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

They are not coppers surely. They just look like them.

Les
Old 26 June 2012, 10:26 AM
Steve Barker
Scooby Newbie

Illegal parking is routine with the police in Bedford.

http://www.myvi-magic.blogspot.co.uk...not-as-we.html

Quick Reply: How to report an illegally parked car