Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Reinforcing my opinion of the UK today

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2009, 11:55 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reinforcing my opinion of the UK today

Some of you will know my opinion of the UK isn't exactky at an all time high especially where basic honesty is concerned.. put simply I think many people in this country these days are basically dishonest, it's a reflection of the dog eat dog society bred over the last 30 years IMO, but that's for another thread..

Well just to reinforce my already low opinion I came out to my car this morning to find someone has driven into the front end smashing the bumper, dislodging the wing, the front cross member and the grill. And was there a note.... was there heck as like?
Old 21 December 2009, 12:05 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Same thing happened to my mate 3 weeks ago, came out from asda to find his focus smashed in, although he DID have a note, not from the driver, but from a member of the general public who runs a pub around the corner, she saw the whole thing and wrote the details down

Unfortunately to this day (well yesterday when i saw my mate) the police have STILL NOT TURNED UP, telling my mate that the chap in charge of the "case" is on holiday

I suspect the "case" is written on some section of bog roll somewhere, to be honest.
Old 21 December 2009, 12:10 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
Same thing happened to my mate 3 weeks ago, came out from asda to find his focus smashed in, although he DID have a note, not from the driver, but from a member of the general public who runs a pub around the corner, she saw the whole thing and wrote the details down

Unfortunately to this day (well yesterday when i saw my mate) the police have STILL NOT TURNED UP, telling my mate that the chap in charge of the "case" is on holiday

I suspect the "case" is written on some section of bog roll somewhere, to be honest.
Just wonderful isn't it? What a lovely country.
Old 21 December 2009, 12:17 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Just wonderful isn't it? What a lovely country.
Tis a shame, (and I'm not condoning what I'm about to say) but the persons responsible probably thinks if they did inform you and give details etc, they would end up with a massive personal injury claim against them, such is the Ambulance chasers state we live in. Now if it were 40 years ago and personal injury claims weren't as easy to get on as now, I hazard a guess you may have had a note or even a knock at the door. I think a lot is down to businesses exploiting the thick minded/greedy folk into thinking they can get free money.

Similar thing happened to me months ago, some van smacked my drivers door and mirror in and just left. No note, just plastic from the light which hit my car and a new door/mirror at my expense
Old 21 December 2009, 12:18 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

My mate will sort it one way or another, he already knows where the fella lives, its a shame he cant seam to do things the "right way" but what can you do?

His family are what i would consider "naughty" i do wonder if this is why the police don't seam to give a flying feckarage about it? but a crime is still a crime.

He drove from asda straight across the road to the carwash to show me when he finished his shopping, i even saw the note, the police have no real excuse IMO.
Old 21 December 2009, 12:21 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian

Similar thing happened to me months ago, some van smacked my drivers door and mirror in and just left. No note, just plastic from the light which hit my car and a new door/mirror at my expense
When i was 17 i was a "pitch bitch" at a local Ford dealership, which meant i basically just cleaned the cars outside for the majority of the time.

I watched a bloke in a lorry come flying around the corner and take off my wing mirror, slow down as if to stop, then take off again
Unlucky for him i was closer to the road junction than him and he got stuck
He even admitted that he had hit it ,once i climbed up into his cab
Lovely chap paid in cash right on the spot
Old 21 December 2009, 12:40 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know how you feel - the same thing happened to me under the Callaghan government back in the good old days. I felt violated.
I must say, that with the icy roads, I have been giving the street parking a miss.
Old 21 December 2009, 12:42 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Tis a shame, (and I'm not condoning what I'm about to say) but the persons responsible probably thinks if they did inform you and give details etc, they would end up with a massive personal injury claim against them, such is the Ambulance chasers state we live in. Now if it were 40 years ago and personal injury claims weren't as easy to get on as now, I hazard a guess you may have had a note or even a knock at the door. I think a lot is down to businesses exploiting the thick minded/greedy folk into thinking they can get free money.
Yeah some of what you say makes sense although not sure even in this society whether I could claim personal injury when I wasn't in the car, but I know what you mean.

I think I will just have to study the dark arts and wish a hex upon the person who did it such that they die a slow lingering and very painful death
Old 22 December 2009, 12:33 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yeah some of what you say makes sense although not sure even in this society whether I could claim personal injury when I wasn't in the car, but I know what you mean.

I think I will just have to study the dark arts and wish a hex upon the person who did it such that they die a slow lingering and very painful death
I am sorry to hear about that damage and the dishonesty of the person who did it.

You are right in what you say about the dog eat dog mentality etc. that we see so much of these days and I am just as disappointed about that as you are.

I believe that sort of attitude comes from the example set by our leaders of all colours and how they have demonstrated their own greed and dishonesty to us all. This present bunch have caused the descent of our country into its present state of moral degradation with their policies and their shining example to us all!

One could be excused for thinking that it was all deliberate with the purpose of destroying all this country used to stand for in the hopes that doing that makes it easier for them to eventually control us to the ultimate degree.

I still believe in the UK however and that the basic ideals which supported this once great country still exist and that they can be revived under better leadership.

Les
Old 22 December 2009, 01:23 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I don' t think people are as dishonest as you say but with cars especially people will not admit their guilt. This week a friend of mine had a woman in a land rover reverse into his car at speed. She then blamed him ? Apparentley he was too close to the back of her car so she could not see him. The fact that he saw her coming and held down his horn to get her attention seemed lost on the crazy bitch. She then tried to refuse giving insurance details and could not understand why he wanted her phone number and address. I can bet that when the claim goes in she will claim that he drove in to her.
Old 22 December 2009, 01:44 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Same as the tw@t who turned right on me at a traffic lights the other day whilst yacking on his phone

I was cycling and it was quite a close things so I shouted abuse at him and he wound down his window and said

"You cyclists always jump lights!!"

Like, WTF? The lights were green (still green at this point) and his excuse for nearly killing me was that all cyclists jump lights and not that he didn't see me because he was too busy talking bollox on his mobile phone?

I had my lock in my hand and I tapped it on his rear-window and he drove off followed by more abuse...

He didn't have the honesty to say "Sorry m8 - I didn't see you"...
Old 22 December 2009, 01:51 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I would have been sorely tempted PTMW! What a prat he was.

Les
Old 22 December 2009, 03:05 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately I believe that peoples honesty, where minor car bumps are concerned, are inversely proportionate to the cost of insurance. People just don't want to end up getting screwed by their own insurance company.

I'm not condoning it, but I'm sure it's a key reason why people don't report minor collisions.

I suspect in the 'good old days' (whenever that was) this was less of an issue
Old 22 December 2009, 03:10 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Just got the estimate - £1700. A 'minor' collision indeed. Hope the **** that did it gets cancer.
Old 22 December 2009, 08:28 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got the estimate - £1700. A 'minor' collision indeed. Hope the **** that did it gets cancer.
OMG!
I think Martin does have a point with the issue of insurance companies and NCB/previous accident issues.
I guess that's your Xmas ruined.
Better luck in the New Year.
Old 22 December 2009, 10:22 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
OMG!
I think Martin does have a point with the issue of insurance companies and NCB/previous accident issues.
I guess that's your Xmas ruined.
Better luck in the New Year.
Cheers and I won't let it spoil Xmas as it is only a car at the end of the day, but it does annoy me that whoever did it didn't leave a note as if the situation was reversed I would leave one no matter what the repercussions with my insurance.
Old 23 December 2009, 12:39 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Unfortunately I believe that peoples honesty, where minor car bumps are concerned, are inversely proportionate to the cost of insurance. People just don't want to end up getting screwed by their own insurance company.

I'm not condoning it, but I'm sure it's a key reason why people don't report minor collisions.

I suspect in the 'good old days' (whenever that was) this was less of an issue
Yes I think you are right Martin. Insurance companies and their charges are a bit of a hold on drivers.

It was less of a problem in the "good old days", People nearly always would own up or leave a note.

Les
Old 23 December 2009, 01:06 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

I would leave one no matter what the repercussions with my insurance.
They might have been uninsured / drunk etc.
Old 23 December 2009, 01:12 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speedking
They might have been uninsured / drunk etc.
Good point, no worries then LOL
Old 23 December 2009, 11:04 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by StickyMicky

That is a fookin disgrace, are they saying there is one guy who deals with these things ? a crime is a crime FFS.

I just hope when the Tories get in they will do away with all the BS, Red Tape, Human Rights PC clap trap and allow the police to just get on with their jobs
Old 24 December 2009, 02:16 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I believe bad things also happen in other countries whose names start with letters