Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Buying fake products.

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2009, 04:36 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buying fake products.

What have you bought and later found out it was a fake?
Old 14 September 2009, 04:54 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife got my sister to send her real UGG boots from the States last year as they are cheaper. They were to big so I bought some from ebay and stuck the bigger ones on to sell. I got the ebay ones and they were fake compared to the real ones they smell of dye, the stitching was crap etc.
Ebay did naff all about it and the seller had hundreds of feedback saying the were real etc. Even when I left neg feedback people were still buying them.
After that I could walk behind someone with UGG boots on and tell if the were real or not and 50% of the people had fake UGGS on.
Old 14 September 2009, 04:59 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

I wont buy from ebay if i can help it as it is known as the mecca for fake products.

I cant remember getting 'done' when i have bought something bit i am sure i have

I wont wear false label clothes because they usually look great until you see the real thing
Old 14 September 2009, 05:25 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Old 14 September 2009, 05:48 PM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

I bought some ***** reduction tablets on ebay, the advert said "Lose 3 inches in 2 weeks". It never happened, i measured on a weekly basis and it never got less than 10 inches, they were obviously fakes.
Old 14 September 2009, 05:54 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I have never really found any "fake" products that i would be happy to use/buy apart from the odd car part (like depo headlamps instead of oem)

The majority of fake stuff is complete ****e and usually a false economy in my opinion
Old 14 September 2009, 06:33 PM
yoza
BANNED

When I was in Antalya everything was fake, clothing/watches/gold/handbags/footwear, some of the women/well most of the women actually....and all " cheaper than Asda " too.

I even think the bottles of diet coke in our mini fridge were fake, the bottles were scratched and well worn, and the coke tasted different.....I drink diet coke often, so Im a bit of a connoisseur.

Sorry to go right off track here, but how the **** does a hotel know what you have taken from the free mini fridge?

Let me give you an example, we finished around the pool and went back to the room for a kip and some cartoons, I took a bottle of Tango orange, Diet Coke and carton of apple juice and gave them out. 15 minutes later the room service brought up exactly watch I had taken from the fridge and replenished it......how do they know?
Old 14 September 2009, 06:41 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yoza
Sorry to go right off track here, but how the **** does a hotel know what you have taken from the free mini fridge?

Let me give you an example, we finished around the pool and went back to the room for a kip and some cartoons, I took a bottle of Tango orange, Diet Coke and carton of apple juice and gave them out. 15 minutes later the room service brought up exactly watch I had taken from the fridge and replenished it......how do they know?
They prolly have a spy hole in the ceiling to perve on you

Dont they charge it to your card if they find out you have lied about what you have drunk and you have already left?

I got away with it once on holiday, we re filled the bottles with water and other stuff(dont ask) and didnt get charged
Old 14 September 2009, 06:48 PM
yoza
BANNED

Originally Posted by sarasquares
They prolly have a spy hole in the ceiling to perve on you

Dont they charge it to your card if they find out you have lied about what you have drunk and you have already left?

I got away with it once on holiday, we re filled the bottles with water and other stuff(dont ask) and didnt get charged
It was a 5 Star all inclusive, so everything was free, 24 hours a day.

The fridge thing baffled me, I even tried to question the filler upper guy, but he didnt understand me, He just sad " Yes, Yes, you No1 customer, ha ha Liverpool dead Chicken.."

I think there was a barcode somewhere on the items.....but I couldnt see it.
Old 14 September 2009, 06:51 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

they don't know what you have taken. the is a switch on the door that activates when you open it. room service carry around everythingin the fridge and replace as need be.

always check the contents of any bottles in "pay" mini bars, as some unscrupulous past room residents open the bottles, drink contents and refil with water (or worse) and push the cap back on to make it appear unopened.
Old 14 September 2009, 06:55 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jjones
always check the contents of any bottles in "pay" mini bars, as some unscrupulous past room residents open the bottles, drink contents and refil with water (or worse) and push the cap back on to make it appear unopened.

Old 14 September 2009, 06:57 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

15 minutes later the room service brought up exactly watch I had taken from the fridge and replenished it......how do they know?
Yoza, you're so fired up on watches you even type the word subconciously
Old 14 September 2009, 06:57 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JPL

And he hasnt mentioned if he has bought a fake one
Old 14 September 2009, 06:59 PM
yoza
BANNED

Originally Posted by jjones
they don't know what you have taken. the is a switch on the door that activates when you open it. room service carry around everythingin the fridge and replace as need be.

He would knock on the door and walk into the room with only the items I had used .......this is now annoying me, a quick call to the Deliphin Palace is on the cards.
Old 14 September 2009, 07:05 PM
yoza
BANNED

Originally Posted by JPL
How mad is that !

Watch Tourette's...fecrolex, breitlingbo77ocks....ohmygodomega...ba5tidball..
Old 14 September 2009, 07:07 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Lot of fake look just great until you comapre them like for like with the real thing.

I have brought a few over the years, always been dissappointed as they failed or looked cr@p son after purchase or did not fit right.

TBH i would rather save up and buy the real thing, more rewarding in the long run.

I certainly would not buy anything 'designer' off of fleabay thats for sure!

we recently boughtJennys Pink 'GHD's from the salon she (and i) goe to, slightly more money but i know they are real and i know if they go wrong i can take them back to the salon no questions asked.

Well worth the peace of mind
Old 14 September 2009, 07:17 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

I wouls never buy a watch on the beach unless yoza sold it to me
Old 14 September 2009, 07:26 PM
yoza
BANNED

Rooliks, britlung, iwsea, homega...Lucky, lucky, lucky....genuine fake watch, you like you buy, good deal, cheaper than Aldi, you like puff puff, no problem, free puff puff my friend.

No not me really, Im more of a ...Fanta, cola, lemonada....melon, orange, pineeeeeapple...maggganum, callipppo, Solerrrro, you like fcuky fcuky...no problem.
Old 14 September 2009, 07:38 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Canal Street in New York
Old 14 September 2009, 07:45 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Rooliks, britlung, iwsea, homega...Lucky, lucky, lucky....genuine fake watch, you like you buy, good deal, cheaper than Aldi, you like puff puff, no problem, free puff puff my friend.

No not me really, Im more of a ...Fanta, cola, lemonada....melon, orange, pineeeeeapple...maggganum, callipppo, Solerrrro, you like fcuky fcuky...no problem.
You get all that round the corner from here
Old 14 September 2009, 10:03 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I bought a links of london necklace (not for me) I paid good money for it too, When it arrived it was obviously fake, I emailed the seller who said, and I quote "At that price what did you expect" I replied that I expected it to be genuine as per advert.
She got kicked off ebay, I never got a refund and now I have a fake links necklace with a load of fake charms on it, in a fake box, with a fake bag that I cant sell on as its fake.
Old 15 September 2009, 08:18 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Timwinner
I bought a links of london necklace (not for me) I paid good money for it too, When it arrived it was obviously fake, I emailed the seller who said, and I quote "At that price what did you expect" I replied that I expected it to be genuine as per advert.
She got kicked off ebay, I never got a refund and now I have a fake links necklace with a load of fake charms on it, in a fake box, with a fake bag that I cant sell on as its fake.

I dont see why you cant sell it on here. There are plenty of google ads on here selling fake gear
Old 15 September 2009, 09:01 AM
Avi
Scooby Regular

I have a pair of G Star Jeans, which i knew to be fake from turkey - £25
My Bro has exactly the same pair, but real, and purchased here - £140

I cannot tell any difference at all, apart from the button has fallen off his . I'm sure they must be made in the same factory! I've get a pair every time i go.
Old 15 September 2009, 09:59 AM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Does paying £££££'s on a sexy attractive fit female only to find out she was a fat munter in disguise after you've married it, count as "buying a fake"?

If so, I have bought a fake
Old 15 September 2009, 10:10 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

my Wife used to work in the fashion business -- on trips to factories in Bali she would visit production lines making Ralph Lauren shirts (for the Japan market). On one side they would be kosher, the other would gp out the back door as fakes

also when the whole ASDA thing with selling grey imported Levi's hit the news a few years ago --- they interviewed the UK Marketing Director of Tommy Hilfiger and she admitted that when buying Tommy Hilfiger gear at the flagship official Tommy Hilfiger shop in Oxford Street she could not guarantee customers would not end up buying fakes!!!

as some copies were that good -- i.e. coming out of the same factory - as above

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 15 September 2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 15 September 2009, 10:11 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXBOB
Does paying £££££'s on a sexy attractive fit female only to find out she was a fat munter in disguise after you've married it, count as "buying a fake"?

Should have gone to Specsavers
Old 15 September 2009, 12:42 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

northface rucksac for about £6

northface waterproof walking coat and seperate zipped fleece liner for about £15

both in China. got to haggle hard though for a long time.

for example the northface coat started at about £200. got to stick it out.

plenty of people buying them for £100 as they're still much cheaper than the £300 or so back here.
Old 15 September 2009, 01:04 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by WRXBOB

I now afew mates who fell fowl of the same trap, women letting them selves go
Old 15 September 2009, 01:13 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
my Wife used to work in the fashion business -- on trips to factories in Bali she would visit production lines making Ralph Lauren shirts (for the Japan market). On one side they would be kosher, the other would gp out the back door as fakes

also when the whole ASDA thing with selling grey imported Levi's hit the news a few years ago --- they interviewed the UK Marketing Director of Tommy Hilfiger and she admitted that when buying Tommy Hilfiger gear at the flagship official Tommy Hilfiger shop in Oxford Street she could not guarantee customers would not end up buying fakes!!!

as some copies were that good -- i.e. coming out of the same factory - as above

I know someone who has seen such happening, and recorded it so i have seen it...........

I used to know a guy i payed footy with who hawked faked clothes, he even went to china to but a good few k's worth and came back with a video of pairs of jeans being made during normal working hours, then the factory would close for an hour, all the normal batches would be signed off and warehoused, then production would start again for a good few hours and all the jeans would be taken away there and then to trucks waiting outside and delivered to black market traders all over the place

The jeans were perfect, i bought "real" pair at selfridges for 180 quid, then took the "fake" ones back the next day, the assistant inspected them and said nothing

these jeans were selling for 50 quid, and he was selling hundreds of them, and they cost about 3 quid each!

But then there are fakes that are ****e as well, just like anything really, its best to buy the real thing!

Although if i bought something form a branded shop (i.e tommy hilfiger) i would expect them to be able to trace the batch numbers and check the stock was real!

Last edited by GC8WRX; 15 September 2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 15 September 2009, 01:14 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I've never actually bought something purely because of the label that's on it. If I'm happy with the quality of something & the price is acceptable, I'll buy it regardless of who made it

For that reason I don't own much 'branded' stuff, the quality may be OK (sometimes IMO it definitely isn't even that), but there's no way on earth I'd be prepared to spend that sort of money just to do a companies advertising for them

Quick Reply: Buying fake products.