Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Wembley Stadium Concert

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2009, 07:48 AM
vallumlj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wembley Stadium Concert

Mr and the mrs are planning to go and see cold play/ girl alound / Jay z at Wembley in a few weeks. This will be her first concert so what sort of ticket should i get would it be best standing or should i try and get a seat.
I have only been to the football at Wembley before not a concert.

Also can i find out start and end times for the concert anywhere. Will i be able to find out what time everyone should start?

For the concert do they use all the stadium or just half?

Thanks for the help
Old 03 September 2009, 01:34 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Dear God

There's no accounting for taste is there

Go for a standing ticket, IMO, the sound quality at stadium gigs isn't usually the best from the seating areas.

You should be able to find out the start finish times from the promoter's website.
If Wembley is like most other open venues there will be a curfew time, about 11pm usually.

Usually stages are erected at one end, covering 15-20% of the pitch, the rest of the pitch is then available for standing.
Old 03 September 2009, 02:51 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Actually the sound at Wembley is OK for a stadium. I was at the Oasis gig a few months back, in a seat & it was very good. Initially I was going for standing, but they had sold out, so I ended up buying one of the packages that included seats and access to one of the bars / clubs. There are a couple of advantages to the seats - getting in is a much nicer experience and when you leave, it is much quicker to get out and back to the tube station.

Saw Coldplay at the O2 a while back - they were fantastic - amazing band live and a fabulous concert.
Old 04 September 2009, 10:40 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

I saw U2 at Wembley a couple of weeks ago, they had a stage in the middle of the 'pitch'. I found the sound very good, although I did hear reports on the radio that there were places where it was bad and people were leaving prior to the end.

As for the end of the gig, it was due to finish at 2230, but in reality it finished at about 2240.
Old 05 September 2009, 11:22 AM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adidas
I saw U2 at Wembley a couple of weeks ago, they had a stage in the middle of the 'pitch'.
They had to relay the pitch after the U2 concert, no wonder they have had so many new pitches at wembley when they have things like pop concerts on a regular basis, motorsport events and the NFL etc.

When they built wembley they should have installed a retractable pitch like one they did in America, if your going to build a stadium from scratch then you need to think about what sort of events it will hold and how often.