Red face

http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/news.htm

Ouch!

Andrew.
Old 08 March 2002, 10:28 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You see how thick the justice system is today? Instead of complaining about it, we should protest and not be scared to voice our opinions. For <insert generic deity> we put these guys up there, lets remind them about it..
Old 08 March 2002, 10:29 PM
Great~taste~Bloke
Scooby Regular

fm! might as well rape someone!
you will get off lighter!
Old 09 March 2002, 12:12 AM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Angry

They'll soon be letting all the terrorists out of jail just to make room for the speeders. 2 of them are now in nice comfy offices in Parliment FFS. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Moral of story - Blow people up = Be made MP
Speed = Goto jail, do not past go.

The law is an ***. Is it any supprise people have no respect for the Police. This country is turning in to a cess pool.

P.
Old 09 March 2002, 12:14 AM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

Anyone fancy a spot of drink driving?

We'll probably only get a fine anyway
Old 09 March 2002, 06:45 AM
Luke
BANNED

I would have gone for the Judge.
Old 09 March 2002, 11:52 AM
FreeT
Scooby Regular

BuRR - doh!!! not the point he was making.
Old 09 March 2002, 12:03 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

You can't blame the police they are as pi$$ed off as the rest of us. Its the UK justice system that seems to pander to low life scum who never intend to put anything into the system through taxes etc. The sooner the do gooders who defend these people are knocked off their pedestals the better. We need to be tougher on real crime issues, and I am afraid the average Police constable has no say in this matter much to his/her frustration.
Old 09 March 2002, 12:10 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Unbelievable [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] The countrys legal system is going to the dogs and an absolute joke.

Just words fail me for this bloke being put away - kick the **** out of someone and put them in hospital - 20 hours community service....... Crazy.
Old 09 March 2002, 12:11 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Its not just the average constable who has no say in teh matter. The head of the Metropolitan police thinks the law is an ***. Do't get much higher critiscm do you?!!
Old 09 March 2002, 12:21 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

3 years ago my Father and Mother were returning from the seaside with my Daughter, aged 6 years, they had had a lovely day out by what we can tell from the photographs in my Fathers camera that we eventually had the courage to develop.

You see, what happened was that they were driving along a dual-carraigeway and a motorcyclist, racing with his friends, lost control of his motorbike. He hit the central reservation and the bike and rider went over into the oncoming traffic ..... the bike went through my Fathers windscreen and decapitated my parents and crushed my daughter into the boot .... my daughter was still alive as the petrol from the bikes tank spilled all over her and ignited on contact with the exhaust pipe .... I will leave you to imagine the horrors of their last moments.

The bike was estimated at doing 120mph, he had never been caught speeding before, had a family and was a respectable member of society. He also died in the incident, leaving a family grieving.

That same year I had my car stolen from a car park and it was burnt out on some waste land, it was insured and I was able to buy one similar.

Both incidents changed my life - I will never see my old car again, but that is rather insignificant when I will never see my Daughter grow into a woman and never see my parents enjoy thier retirement.
The above is completely untrue by the way and I was maybe morbid to talk that way - but lets just think what that idiot at 160mph could have done to so many families .... yes, we should be tougher on car thieves and I would personally like to kill the 5% of people that commit 95% of the crime in this counrty - but just remember we are talking about someone here who could have wiped out families. Imagine a car-jacker breaking into a house, killing the family, just to steal a car - then turn to someone (equally as selfish) who rides at 160 mph and kills a family to satisfy his own pleasures??

He deserves 1 year in jail and car thiefs deserve to be executed

Thanks for reading this far

Soap-box back in the cupboard

Pete
Old 09 March 2002, 12:38 PM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Pete..

Sorry Sir that was no where near funny...

Even from half a Globe a way

You Sir really need to get a real life

Old 09 March 2002, 12:44 PM
whip
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

then turn to someone (equally as selfish) who rides at 160 mph and kills a family to satisfy his own pleasures??

I know you're talking generically here m8, but the bloke in question did not kill a family to satisfy his own pleasures (fortunately). I'm a firm believer in that the punishment should fit the crime. 12 months imprisonment though? I'm sure you could've put the bloke behind bars for a week and he would never have done it again.

Sentences like that may well have the effect of slowing people down a little, but they will also encourage a minority to 'do a runner' if they get caught at a silly speed.

I fail to understand why a drunk driver, or a car-thief being chased by the police, can walk away with a sentence much much lighter than the one this bloke got. I'm in no way defending his actions, but on one hand you have someone out for a sunday blast who gets caught bang-to-rights being a bit silly on an empty road(how many people on this board have hit 140+ in their scoobs??? sh1tloads) and on the other hand you have someone who is full of adrenalin (or alcohol) and is willing to use his car as a weapon and drive at 90mph through a town centre to evade the police. According to our judicial system the second person is less dangerous. Sorry, but what a load of bo11ocks. There is no consistency in the sentences being dished out.

Whip
Old 09 March 2002, 12:51 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Whip - well said ..... I still think that he should have been banged up for risking other peoples lives ..... and the others you mention should be treated more harshly due to thier 'worse' crimes.

Rsquire - it was NOT meant to be funny sir!! I find your manner very objectionable as I was using a story to illustrate a point, simple as that ........... has NOTHING to do about getting a life, you NumbSkull!!!

Pete
Old 09 March 2002, 01:33 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

Pete, I think that people are getting upset cos If he had stolen the bike, been whizzed up and had a 30 mile chase witht the police he would have got off lighter. You cant seriously tell me you have never had a play in your motor, you wouldnt be human if you didnt. I certainally do and I am still here.
I think what I'm trying to say is that this was a victimless crime. He didnt kill anyone, the judge even acknowledged his "Undoubted riding abilities" so why the hell did he get 12 months? It beggers belief. The Law is an ***, the system is an *** and it has to b said that the man himself is an *** when there are speedlimitless roads less than 100 miles and a stretch of water away from where he got nicked.
I would have spat at the judge if I 'd got that.
astraboy.
Old 09 March 2002, 01:37 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I know its not the point he was making, but comments like this disappoint me.
Old 09 March 2002, 01:44 PM
Luke
BANNED

Pete

I know where you wanted to go with your Story. Jesus for the first bit I thought it was true( and I'm sure it is a true story to some..)I nearly had tears in my eyes.

Some will "cane" you for it...

Speeding can be a problem. But with other more serious crimes getting lesser punishments... I think maybe 3. months and a ban would have been better.
Old 09 March 2002, 01:59 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

sending someone to jail for 12 months for a motoring offence is stupid if knowone was hurt or killed. that person will have a jail sentence for the rest of his life, and look at the implications that will have ie job loans etc. he should have been given a long ban 3years+ and hit hard in the pocket! instead of filling prisons with people that have been stupid.
just my thoughts mike
Old 09 March 2002, 02:04 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

All it says is that this guy was prosecuted on the strength of his own on board video which showed an indicated 160 mph although no accident or injuries occurred. This guy could have been riding extremely dangerously weaving between motorway traffic or round blind bends or whatever (after all he was on a bike ) You can't say he didn't deserve it without more info.
Old 09 March 2002, 03:25 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Our local newspaper reported the biker had adhered to every 30MPH
limit he encountered.What purpose does a jail sentence achieve? He
should receive a driving ban and counselling for his addiction to
speed.In relation to other crimes his sentence seems severe.
Mouser.
Old 09 March 2002, 03:53 PM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

160 mph is mental on a public road, there are so many track days etc, save it for the track. 12 months in prison is just as mental and as you say the kids lose their dad for 12 months, could have lost him for good if he rides like that. When you have kids you have an obligation to look after yourself, 160 on a sportsbike doesnt really come into that category. As for putting a video camera on it, asking for it really.

At least while he is inside he is alive, I dont care what you say, anybody who does 160 on a bike on British Roads is destined eventually to become a statistic.

Old 09 March 2002, 03:56 PM
nigelward
Scooby Regular

When I first saw the subject I thought it would be someone who was doing 100mph on a motorway, but 160mph somewhere in Wales what an ar$e.

The wife and kid may be without a father for 12 months but that must be better than loosing him completely.

With the number of track days that are available these days speeding by this amount is just dumb.

95-100 yes this would have been harsh but in this case he got what he deserved.
Old 09 March 2002, 04:01 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS !

~I agree the law (or judge in this case???)is yet again shown to be an ***!

Mick
Old 09 March 2002, 04:07 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

What a shame the same fcking judge wasn't in court the day the drunk that hit me went to court.
Colin
Old 09 March 2002, 04:15 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Mr Manchester you are not funny at all.
I just hope to god you never ever have to through what me and my family had too.
Colin
Old 09 March 2002, 08:50 PM
Ole Grey Beard
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Picture this...
Perfect dry sunny morning, completly empty dual carriageway.
feel like a quick blast?
97 mph = £525 + 5 points
Did not see the cop bike hiding up the road!
Oh well my fault, should have driven at 70 mph...
Old 09 March 2002, 09:06 PM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

PsLewis,

For what it is worth I realise you were only trying
to make a point but your story has an uncanny
resemblance to an accident that happened in my area
a couple of years ago. As such I dont think it such
a good idea to post things like this as there is a great
likelyhood that this can happen in real life and a post
like that could cause a great deal of hurt.

Ps the bike involved in the accident was a Fireblade, at the
time Blades were getting a bad name for being too fast.
(just in case no-one believes this post)

Dougie
Old 09 March 2002, 09:22 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Arrow

The Maxpower Supra vid is availiable at www.exvitermini.com/movies/nagsupuk.mpg
Old 09 March 2002, 09:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I feel I must comment on my story above, it was a considered reply to a topic that I thought was saying that the person travelling at 160mph on a public road hadn't done 'much' wrong.

You will notice that I said, 'MY family', 'MY car', it was NEVER meant to be a story with a basis in fact - as I CLEARLY said.

If those calling for my head over writing that story got thier way in life then we would have NO films .... something like the film HAS happened somewhere sometime to someone - so lets ban them all (someone may get hurt!!)

Also, lets burn ALL books as they may also relate in some way to real life - OH MY GOD!!! shoot the Author and never let a book be written again!!

I got VERY hurt once when I read in a Haynes manual that I could burn my hand on the engine if it has not been allowed to cool down - I did that the week earlier .... how insensitive of Haynes, sob, sob, sob they should burn all the Haynes manuals!!

WHAT ABSOLUTE CR4P SOME ON HERE TALK !!!! SO STUCK UP THIER TINY LITTLE I.T. 4RSES !!!!

You know who you are!! **** !!

Pete
Old 09 March 2002, 09:45 PM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

Nice calm considered reply Pete,
1: I aint callin for your head.
2: My head isnt stuck up my "*se
3: I dont think it was meant to be a real story.

My point was that in order to get your point across you
didnt have to concoct that story.

Dougie
Dougie
( thats the echo 'cos my head is up me ****)

Quick Reply: 12 months in prison for speeding