Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

cocaine

Old 18 December 2008, 11:27 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default cocaine

My take on drugs has always been "meh whatever" .. I go the gym three times a week .. I eat health and would say I was in good shape ..

My question, would you say cocaine is of a high risk to me ?

I'm not interested in the people who think its wrong and say all drugs are bad .. I've read a few reports and am basically just interested in people who have used opinions ..

I'll be honest, I have had a few lines and didn't really feel anything from it .. seems to me to be an expensive habit .. with no real effects ?

Thoughts?
Old 18 December 2008, 11:30 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've not taken it myself but been around a lot of people who do. The effect seems minimal, to be honest, and that assessment is supported by a few biographies of rock musicians that I've read.

Save your brass.
Old 18 December 2008, 11:30 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wasn't that impressed.
Old 18 December 2008, 11:39 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Avoid it mate, most of the folk I know who are into a line or two end up being total ******* talking a lot of sh!te when on it plus no matter how fit you are there is still the risk of a heart attack! It's a drug for those who think they're cool, but in reality they are *****!
Old 18 December 2008, 11:44 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
Avoid it mate, most of the folk I know who are into a line or two end up being total ******* talking a lot of sh!te when on it plus no matter how fit you are there is still the risk of a heart attack! It's a drug for those who think they're cool, but in reality they are *****!
Sums it up nicely !
Old 19 December 2008, 01:03 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
I'll be honest, I have had a few lines and didn't really feel anything from it .. seems to me to be an expensive habit .. with no real effects ?
The main reason for that will be the actual cocaine content of the powder being sold on the street is about 10% at the absolute maximum, the rest being padded out with nice things like dental anaesthetics and god knows what else. It isn't worth the risk. And why pay money into an industry that causes misery, suffering and large scale murder ? A few lines on a weekend might seem like a laugh but when you see stuff like this, this and this you should seriously think if you're doing the right thing with your money.
Old 19 December 2008, 01:08 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

a old "friend" of mine started taking cocaine , turned into a right **** from it.

Never taken it and its never interested me, but i know people that take it all the time. Aslong it doesn't effect me they can carry on what there doing.
Old 19 December 2008, 01:13 AM
abbott
Scooby Regular

i normally buy myself a quarter for the festive period (ie evening of the 25th) but to be honest i havent had a good bit this year sooo im not gonna bother ..

its for fashion victims.
nowhere near as good as it used to be , but then again its probrably been cut mega amounts by the time it appears up here !!
Old 19 December 2008, 07:15 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
My take on drugs has always been "meh whatever" .. I go the gym three times a week .. I eat health and would say I was in good shape ..

My question, would you say cocaine is of a high risk to me ?

I'm not interested in the people who think its wrong and say all drugs are bad .. I've read a few reports and am basically just interested in people who have used opinions ..

Thoughts?
You cant know if coke is a risk to you, until you put yourself at risk... Some people can take it or leave it whilst others cant have it in the house without doing it.

Cocaine is so cut now that youd be better off with proplus.
Old 19 December 2008, 07:25 AM
M535I
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
The main reason for that will be the actual cocaine content of the powder being sold on the street is about 10% at the absolute maximum, the rest being padded out with nice things like dental anaesthetics and god knows what else. It isn't worth the risk. And why pay money into an industry that causes misery, suffering and large scale murder ? A few lines on a weekend might seem like a laugh but when you see stuff like this, this and this you should seriously think if you're doing the right thing with your money.
Nver taken it , Never would tbh .
it shouldnt be called cocain it should be called somthing els as its harldey coke as whats it cut with ? paracetamol ? ajax ? god only know's do your self a faviour if you was thinking of doing it every time u would put the money aside buy somthing nice for your car and you will find the pleasure and the buzz from that will last alot longer and be alot safer ! be wise mate .
Old 19 December 2008, 08:04 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Alot of mates are into it, never seen the fascination TBH

Expensive habbit for very little effect
Old 19 December 2008, 08:13 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

never touched it, never will

I know folks who have and to be honest they don't impress me at all
Old 19 December 2008, 08:25 AM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Save your money .Have an extra couple of pints !!!
Old 19 December 2008, 09:20 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Tried it once in good ole blighty and never again, expensive and pointless....

I dont really do drugs, never done pills, never done, well pretty much alot of things drug related but I will admit to trying it a couple of times in Central America. Christ, what a difference it was compared to back here and half the price too, it was more out of interest what the difference was compared to back home when I said Id never do it again. Especially whilst being so close to places like Columbia etc Must admit it did give a buzz but drug use isnt for me. Im happy with just beer
Old 19 December 2008, 09:23 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

People who do it regularly always appear to have a cold.

I'd also suggest those using it are generally lacking a bit of personality, and feel the need to become a bit more lively.

Dumbasses.
Old 19 December 2008, 09:27 AM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by njkmrs
Save your money .Have an extra couple of pints !!!
Cant argue with that
Old 19 December 2008, 09:27 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

If you read the reports you'll be lucky to actually get any here the stuff on the streets is cut that much. Talking maybe 7 to 10% of what you buy is coke and the rest... well god knows. Is that worth £30-50 you'd pay? I cant say it would be for me.

If I was to take anything over the Xmas period I'd probably get some MDMA crystals but I've not dabbled with anything like that for years. Used to love it when going clubbing back in the day.
Old 19 December 2008, 09:43 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

One of three things will happen,

1, You will enjoy it
2, You wont enjoy it
3, You will have a heart attack/brain hemorrhage and die/be disabled

Depends if you can tolerate it, If the dealer has cut it with Ajax etc etc.

Only one way to find out, my take is if your willing to take the above risk then you have to be willing to live with it if it goes wrong.

So in answer to your question, Maybe.
Old 19 December 2008, 09:48 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

never touched the stuff

IMO anything snorted or injected is disgusting and even more pikey then just swallowing, i have a load of mates who do it, and i just let them get on with it, i think the hardest thing would be managing to get some that is not cut down with something gash like sherbet to be honest.

i did use to do quite a lot of ecstasy when i was a young "raver" i have always thought that anything in pill form is a bit more acceptable (i know most are full of crap anyway)

also did quite a bit of speed (swallowed in cups of tea) lmfao it was not earl grey tea mind, i was not posh enough
tetleys FTW
Old 19 December 2008, 09:52 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

You might regard this as a 'Nanny's' view but here goes..

I have tried a small amount of hash whilst in Holland, and got a buzz from it, but that was enough to tell me that I didn't want any more. I've also been known to have the odd sherbet or three on a Saturday night.

I worked with hazardous chemicals for many years, including very high strength acids and strong solvents. To me drugs, of whatever form, are merely hazardous chemicals that we have allowed ourselves to become familiar with. And familiarity has a nasty habit of breeding contempt.
Once you ingest or come into contact with a chemical substance, either accidentally or deliberately (and this includes 'beneficial' drugs as well), the situation is instantly out of your control. It's in you and on you until you can take whatever actions you can to reverse the effects, if you are able to.
I don't really have a problem with personal use of substances, so long as it doesn't affect others who have no wish to be part of the action. If you want to addle your brain with alcohol or coke (!), that's your choice. The problem with common drug use is the crime and misery that goes on behind the scenes.

I'll second the wise words already posted here, save your money for your car, you'll still get a buzz.
Old 19 December 2008, 10:16 AM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

I've known 3 people to die taking cocaine in the last couple of years, all in their mid 20's, all had jobs, girlfriends and were certainly not junkies, just casual weekend users.

As said above, cocaine isn't actually cocaine nowadays, its mixed with all sorts and its contents cannot be trusted.

Last 'friend' to die was 3 wks ago, 29th November, not seen him since school but he had his head screwed on and just finished his apprenticeship.

The thing is even though he was just a weekend user so probably like the O.P, he is another drugs death statistic and i even heard some people that did not like him calling him a junkie bas*ard etc. Disrepsectful way to go not just to yourself but to your family. ''My son died of a drugs OD'' and people will automatically assume junkie, waste of space etc

More to life than drugs. If im being honest i find them a little chavvy and outdated now, must be getting old
Old 19 December 2008, 10:21 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I have never tried it but have had many an oppotunity to do so. I have smoked weed before but even that can be a slippery slope going by what my friends starting using. It wasn't long after their first spliff that they were onto cocaine, pills, mdma, mushrooms etc etc. Saying that, they all have degrees, hold good jobs and have just started to slow down. I just don't like the stigma that goes with it, or the cost for that matter. (I'm a a tight git! )

I'd much rather sit indoors sipping on a few JD's. Now 'that's' a drug worth taking!

Last edited by Gear Head; 19 December 2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 19 December 2008, 10:24 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

A very well respected counsellor had this to say about cocaine and drugs in general

YouTube - Drugs are bad
Old 19 December 2008, 10:24 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mitchy260
I've known 3 people to die taking cocaine in the last couple of years, all in their mid 20's, all had jobs, girlfriends and were certainly not junkies, just casual weekend users.

As said above, cocaine isn't actually cocaine nowadays, its mixed with all sorts and its contents cannot be trusted.

Last 'friend' to die was 3 wks ago, 29th November, not seen him since school but he had his head screwed on and just finished his apprenticeship.

The thing is even though he was just a weekend user so probably like the O.P, he is another drugs death statistic and i even heard some people that did not like him calling him a junkie bas*ard etc. Disrepsectful way to go not just to yourself but to your family. ''My son died of a drugs OD'' and people will automatically assume junkie, waste of space etc

More to life than drugs. If im being honest i find them a little chavvy and outdated now, must be getting old
so what happened with him? heart attack?
Old 19 December 2008, 10:39 AM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Yes heart attack, when his girlfriend woke the next morning he was lying slumped on the kitchen floor, she thought he was just drunk but couldn't wake him.

Sad really as he was a good lad, never in any sort of bother and the type that would always come across and say hello and buy you a drink.

His mother was as you can imagine devastated, he was an only child.

No idea what the cocaine was mixed with but someone made a little profit from his death by adding something nasty to the cut that his body obviously reacted badly too.
Old 19 December 2008, 10:44 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

I'm often surprised at the amount of people that do it but I have no interest whatsoever and never have done.

Used to smoke a bit of dope but not any more - seen my cousin and a mate have full on schizo attacks (now both on anti psycotic drugs to keep them calm) from too much - it's changed and is now too strong and/or laced with sh1te.

I don't trust anyone on coke - they just irritate me.
Old 19 December 2008, 10:48 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
I have smoked weed before but even that can be a slippery slope going by what my friends starting using. It wasn't long after their first spliff that they were onto cocaine, pills, mdma, mushrooms etc etc.
I dont think its the drug itself that makes it a slippery slope, people who try all this are just curious. My mate is 28 and smokes Weed, slowed down alot now as he doesnt have many friends who will enjoy it with him but hes never gone on to try anything more.
Old 19 December 2008, 11:14 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

About 40% of the stuff I send off for analysis comes back as containing 0% cocaine. The rest comes back as having a trace of the drug. That's the single wrap stuff.

Only the larger amounts seized have any decent % of the drug in it.

You're just snorting poison with a minimal amount of cocaine. Bargain at £30-£50 a g.
Old 19 December 2008, 11:16 AM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

Like most drugs these days, its cut to within an inch of its life

I was VERY into my club days between 17-25, and most of the coke/disco biscuits we got were top notch back then, but after a while, you kinda see yourself living this false loved up life, that suddenly vanishes monday morning, to be replaced with a depressed midweek dip (the old midweek blues ), and then a countdown to the weekend, where you got boshed again

Ive gone full circle now, and just drink (gave up smoking ****/weed/pills/fet/coke/acid ect a long time ago) as i just grew out of it like most people

The thought of getting wasted these days just makes me shudder, i just couldnt hack it at all, and never want to again
Old 19 December 2008, 11:21 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
About 40% of the stuff I send off for analysis comes back as containing 0% cocaine. The rest comes back as having a trace of the drug. That's the single wrap stuff.

Only the larger amounts seized have any decent % of the drug in it.

You're just snorting poison with a minimal amount of cocaine. Bargain at £30-£50 a g.
That's why it 'has little effect' they are snorting cr@p People wouldn't touch it if they knew what rubbish they were really buying... I found out when I did my jury service just how much that street level muck has been 'stamped on'.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cocaine