Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Office Christmas Party

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2008, 11:58 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Office Christmas Party

For one reason or another I havent been to one for a few years but went to ours on Friday, I dint do anything to horrendous but it didnt stop Monday morning being approached with some trepidation and mild sheepishness, I remember a chat with a single lady saying how she couldnt get a man so I told her how attractive she was and if I wasnt married I would be first in the queue, she seems to have forgotten the conversation or is equally embarrassed.

Anyway, so far so good, no embarrissing camera phone footage has come to light. The only controversy was a few blokes threatenting to punch the rather offensive and over familiar comedian, who "entertained" one group and was ushered off the premises for his own safety before he got round to us.

How did yours go this year and lets have your epic, totally embarrassing stories from years gone by, or this year for that matter, who got their **** out, puked on, punched or made a pass at the boss ?
Old 15 December 2008, 12:07 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My X mas party i told the BIG Boss he was a Cun't and a 2 faced back stabber! But it's ok we are being taken over by a new company and he's been kicked to the kurb!

My next in line Boss thought it was funny and the drink talking, Little does he know i was sobar and hadn't starting drinkng yet! muhahahahaha
Old 15 December 2008, 12:26 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Not having one becoming regular thing now, usually wait until the new year and have a meal in the office.
Old 15 December 2008, 12:42 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

I asked my Director if we in the office were doing anything this xmas. He said "yes, you've managed to keep hold of your job for another 3 months"

When pressed about a cost of living rise he said "yes, you've had it, you now pay 2.5% less VAT"
Old 15 December 2008, 12:57 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

We went to Portugal for the weekend. 25 odd of us. Lad from accounts who's boning the girl from accounts boned the other girl from accounts.. he didn't think that one through too well.
Old 15 December 2008, 01:05 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Ours was last Friday too, didn't go, and missed the previous years too...

I find it strange that the people from work that you'd be happy to go out for a drink with (and sometimes do) shun the work Crimbo do so it just ends up being managerial types and the squares/weirdos that you wouldn't want to hang around with anyway.

Also they now charge us £10 per head for the pleasure, it's 30 miles away from me and they'll only pay for a taxi one way, or I can get a subsidised hotel room for £60, so £80 in total for me an the missus. I can think of much better ways to spend £80 thanks.
Old 15 December 2008, 04:44 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Have to agree with Coffin dodger - I've done the one obligatory works xmas do so I dont bother going to any more. Can really think of better ways to spend the money it would cost for drinks / taxis etc.
It would probably work out cheaper / less hassle for work if they just gave us all a cash bonus instead.

Richard
Old 15 December 2008, 04:53 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Missed the main office party due to being off Wouldn't have gone anyway, avoids the embarresing video footage, chat the following week. Plus work wouldn't have paid for a cab / hotel room despite me living outside the designated area because I work in said office. That would add 30 - 50 quid to the night out, on top of the bar bill cos work allocate the meal and 2 bottles of wine per table.

Its the team meal on weds and I hope they have booked it and can't change it, cos I really don't fancy it.

At the end of the day, there is only one person in the office I would socialize with. At the end of the day, I work to earn money, not to make friends.
Old 15 December 2008, 04:53 PM
Gymbal
Scooby Regular

My wife's do is Thursday, bad enough that partners are invited (they are not to ours) but I heard that my wife and I have to pay! (My wife is a Partner)

Obviously I understand that somebody has to pay, just feel it is a bit cheap on their part.

Got out of last years through Death.....

Will probably refuse to pay and see if the senior partner tries to dock it from her drawings.
Old 15 December 2008, 07:04 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

What a cheerful bunch you lot are.
Old 15 December 2008, 07:22 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah the misery card is played. Wondered how long that would take
Old 15 December 2008, 07:41 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Ours was Friday. Got hammered, attempted to get a large breasted employee into my hotel room. Luckily she was having none of it.

Same every year
Old 15 December 2008, 07:49 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
Ah the misery card is played. Wondered how long that would take
Just saying that like anything often it is what you make of it. Those who cant adapt to different social situations are often the boring ones as they lack the personality to be able to interact on different social levels.
Old 15 December 2008, 08:41 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Or the xmas party is the boring element I can have more fun with my mrs on a night out than with 20 ppl from the office to be honest
Old 15 December 2008, 08:46 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

I work from home alone, no parties here

Unless you include tonight at home on my own dancing round the kitchen with a glass of vino in my hand whilst waiting for my pizza to cook
Old 15 December 2008, 08:56 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by Scoobychick
I work from home alone, no parties here

Unless you include tonight at home on my own dancing round the kitchen with a glass of vino in my hand whilst waiting for my pizza to cook
pics
Old 15 December 2008, 09:05 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

This is a true we don't have a company xmas party because last year the company hire a nice little pub and there was fighting in/out the pub,some were arrested for fighting the Police when they was called,some were arrested for calling a black Police officer a black c***,and the landlord 12 year son seen some of them having sex in the toilet.
Old 15 December 2008, 09:15 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
This is a true we don't have a company xmas party because last year the company hire a nice little pub and there was fighting in/out the pub,some were arrested for fighting the Police when they was called,some were arrested for calling a black Police officer a black c***,and the landlord 12 year son seen some of them having sex in the toilet.
Sounds like a good night.
Old 15 December 2008, 09:24 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
Got any jobs going?
dnc
Old 15 December 2008, 10:44 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

That's the other thing about works xmas parties, they are such class events aren't they. Middle aged desperate men trying to chat up the younger girls, failing n then getting so drunk they have to leave their intestines in the toilet and/or brawling
Old 15 December 2008, 10:50 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Never swallow! So they say, indigestion
Old 15 December 2008, 11:02 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by Jye
Never swallow! So they say, indigestion
protein