Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Chiefs manifesto!

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2008, 09:31 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Chiefs manifesto!

Ok what would i do if i was voted in power - here is a bit of a tongue in the cheek look at what i'd do if i did. I dont think i'd be very popular with certain groups if i actually did this though.

Motoring policy:
Reduce tax on all fuel by 20-30%, more tax benefits on fuel if you run a business or are self employed with a Van.

Scrap all speed cameras except those which are in genuinely needed areas i.e. outside schools, i'd replace these by having more traffic police on the motorways who use their judgement on driving safely.

I'd claw some of the revenue back by doubling the cost of the driving test whilst making it mandatory for the test to include motorway driving, any fines issued would be pumped back into the transport infrastructure. I'd introduce a national road building policy.

Education:
Teachers pay rises would be conditional on your schools performance, if you do well you get a pay rise if you do badly then you get nowt.

I'd introduce old fashioned schooling, and get rid of all the politically correct religious nonsense in schools, i.e. teaching kids the Koran.

Immigration:
I couldn't give two hoots what colour you are, unless you have something to offer the UK you aint coming in. I'd also have a system where you have to work and pay taxes for at least 5 years before you recieved any sort of help even medical. any use of the NHS would have to be paid for.

Anyone entering the country must put down a 10,000 quid deposit before they enter.

Any instance where an immigrant wishes to use the politically correct asylum laws and european rights will have to be paid for by them, they would not receieve legal aid.

Employment:

Any public sector job would have to be performance based, your not up to it then your out, same as in the real world.

All the lazy spongers who claim dole/disability/incapacity would be forced to either get a job or have to work on the streets cleaning or removing graffiti to keep their benefits. Only the genuinly needy will be exempt.

Europe:
I'd get the f**k out straight away and the billions we give them that supports countries like Turkey would be invested back into
this country. If its good enough for Norway its good enough for us.

NHS: I'd make it performance related again, but i'd employ a hatchet man at every hospital who took charge of getting rid of all the politically correct pen pushers and the money saved would be pumped back into that hospital, i.e. nurses and improving the quality of heathcare for the patients.

Crime and policing:

I'd get all the community police inside doing all the paperwork and as a result getting the police where they belong, back onto the streets.

Knife crime, get caught with any knife other than a tiny penknife and you get a stint inside, if you are convicted of using a knife then a mandatory 10 years in prision no questions.

Gun crime - no reason why ANY person needs a gun, get caught then your going down.

Business:

I'd cut beaurecratic red tape and make taxation easier to implement with extra help for all small businesses, at the end of the day you need to be running a business not wasting time p**sing about with pen pushing. each business start up would be allocated a business guru whos sole purpose would to visit business and be at the end of a telephone if any advice was
needed.

I'd force the inland revenue and vat to work more closely.

I'd make tax offices to open late during the week.

MP's:
Every little thing would have to be declared and i mean everything, remember your working for the public who pay you.

All the little fiddles would be scrapped, if they dont like it, tough get another job. Anyone caught witholding information would instantly lose their position.
(the above might cause a problem as we may not have any MP's left)

Anyway thats all i'd do - crikey i'd expect a lot of eggs thrown at me by the left wingers, still thats how i'd do things.
anyone care to expand on this?

Vote for me
Old 02 May 2008, 09:40 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

All sounds fairly reasonable but expect someone to be along shortly and pick flaws with anything youve put down
Old 02 May 2008, 09:50 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
Motoring policy:
Reduce tax on all fuel by 20-30%, more tax benefits on fuel if you run a business or are self employed with a Van.
How are you going to pay for this?
We are running at £43billion budget defecit already - are you just going to borrow more?

Scrap all speed cameras except those which are in genuinely needed areas i.e. outside schools, i'd replace these by having more traffic police on the motorways who use their judgement on driving safely.
I'd go along with this - SAFETY camera, not speed cameras. I.e. Highly visible cameras at accident black spots/school to reduce speed.

I'd claw some of the revenue back by doubling the cost of the driving test whilst making it mandatory for the test to include motorway driving, any fines issued would be pumped back into the transport infrastructure. I'd introduce a national road building policy.
Education:
Teachers pay rises would be conditional on your schools performance, if you do well you get a pay rise if you do badly then you get nowt.
How do you stop a vicisous circle happening? Ie. if you have a poorly performing school - how do you attract the staff in to turn it round if improvments are unlikely?
I'd introduce old fashioned schooling, and get rid of all the politically correct religious nonsense in schools, i.e. teaching kids the Koran.
What's wrong with teaching kids an appreciation of other cultures?
Immigration:
I couldn't give two hoots what colour you are, unless you have something to offer the UK you aint coming in. I'd also have a system where you have to work and pay taxes for at least 5 years before you recieved any sort of help even medical. any use of the NHS would have to be paid for.
So, if you have been here for 3 years, and you have a heart attacks, what happens? You get left to die? What.

Any public sector job would have to be performance based, your not up to it then your out, same as in the real world.

All the lazy spongers who claim dole/disability/incapacity would be forced to either get a job or have to work on the streets cleaning or removing graffiti to keep their benefits. Only the genuinly needy will be exempt.
I can [almost] understand those claiming job seekers allowance have to do community work - But disabled and incapacity benefit claimants? What disability are you goign to force to work then - How disabled do you have to be before you are genuinely needy?

Knife crime, get caught with any knife other than a tiny penknife and you get a stint inside, if you are convicted of using a knife then a mandatory 10 years in prision no questions.

Gun crime - no reason why ANY person needs a gun, get caught then your going down.
Agreed

I'd cut beaurecratic red tape and make taxation easier to implement with extra help for all small businesses, at the end of the day you need to be running a business not wasting time p**sing about with pen pushing. each business start up would be allocated a business guru whos sole purpose would to visit business and be at the end of a telephone if any advice was
needed.
How are you going to pay for these gurus?

How are you going to force people to work later? How are you going to pay for the extra wages?
MP's:
Every little thing would have to be declared and i mean everything, remember your working for the public who pay you.
Agreed
Old 02 May 2008, 09:51 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
All sounds fairly reasonable but expect someone to be along shortly and pick flaws with anything youve put down
To be fair, I agreed with some of it
Old 02 May 2008, 10:01 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
How are you going to pay for this?
We are running at £43billion budget defecit already - are you just going to borrow more?
I pull it back by other means just like the extra taxation from motorist helps prop up other parts of the economy, i'd use the money saved by making the people that are fraudulantly claiming disability benefit/incapacity to go towards paying for this, as well as sacking beaurecratic pen pushers in office

I'd go along with this - SAFETY camera, not speed cameras. I.e. Highly visible cameras at accident black spots/school to reduce speed.

How do you stop a vicisous circle happening? Ie. if you have a poorly performing school - how do you attract the staff in to turn it round if improvments are unlikely?
I'd make it beneficial to teachers i.e. finacially if they turn that school around

What's wrong with teaching kids an appreciation of other cultures?
Nothing but teaching the Koran as the primary religious education is wrong imo, make schools have old fashoned values

So, if you have been here for 3 years, and you have a heart attacks, what happens? You get left to die? What.

No you pay for it or dont come here, i'd make people have a medical before they entered. In Australia you have to be in resonable health.

I can [almost] understand those claiming job seekers allowance have to do community work - But disabled and incapacity benefit claimants? What disability are you goign to force to work then - How disabled do you have to be before you are genuinely needy?
I you are genuinly disabled then fine but most can and could work, i've worked at the benefits agency and the fraud that goes on is feckin' scandalous

Agreed

How are you going to pay for these gurus?
By cutting red tape with regrds to taxation and if a business suceeds or does well they pay more tax in the long run

How are you going to force people to work later? How are you going to pay for the extra wages?
As above

Agreed

Last edited by The Chief; 02 May 2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02 May 2008, 10:09 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

I pull it back by other means just like the extra taxation from motorist helps prop up other parts of the economy, i'd use the money saved by making the people that are fraudulantly claiming disability benefit/incapacity to go towards paying for this, as well as sacking beaurecratic pen pushers in office
How much disability benefit/incapacity benefit is being claimed fradulently, then?

How will you define beaureaucracy that is necessary and not necessary

How much saving do you envisage from sacking unnecessary bureaucrats?

How will you handle the resultant inevitable civil servant strike?
Old 02 May 2008, 10:16 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

How much disability benefit/incapacity benefit is being claimed fradulently, then?

I dont have figures but i'd say 60-75% - thats nearly 3 million people

How will you define beaureaucracy that is necessary and not necessary.

I'd get a list of their roles and what they have actually achieved whilst being employed, if they dont shape up then bye bye

How much saving do you envisage from sacking unnecessary bureaucrats?

Millions

How will you handle the resultant inevitable civil servant strike?

make it illiegal - well if labour can do it with the police so can i
Old 02 May 2008, 10:16 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

I'd make it beneficial to teachers i.e. finacially if they turn that school around
But the teachers could be doing a great job, but the environment the kids come from means that any significan timprovments ar eunlikely. It might be that just maintaining results represents a fantastic effort.

Nothing but teaching the Koran as the primary religious education is wrong imo, make schools have old fashoned values
What do you mean by "primary" religiuos education? RE these days has a mix of all religions and cultures. What is wrong with that? And what does "Old fashioned values" mean? Just the Bible?

No you pay for it or dont come here, i'd make people have a medical before they entered. In Australia you have to be in resonable health.
But there will always be people that fall ill in their time here. What do you do with those peopel that are ill and cannot afford to pay a bill?

And if you are saying you need to have paid 5 years worth of tax - does that apply to unemployed people as well as immigrants?

I you are genuinly disabled then fine but most can and could work, i've worked at the benefits agency and the fraud that goes on is feckin' scandalous
But how do you define who is and is not able to work?

By cutting red tape with regrds to taxation and if a business suceeds or does well they pay more tax in the long run
Ahh the favourite of politicans - the fabled "red tape" which translates as "i have no idea where I am going to get the money from
Old 02 May 2008, 10:19 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

I dont have figures but i'd say 60-75% - thats nearly 3 million people

So a complete guess, then.

Millions
Another complete guess.
make it illiegal
All strikes? or just public sector workers?

Not being awkward - just preparing you for the questions John Hunphreys is going to give you when you run for Parliament
Old 02 May 2008, 10:26 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Pete i'm guessing because like the general public i dont have the figures to hand, but having said that i think this goverment just guesses half the time
Old 02 May 2008, 10:30 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

But the teachers could be doing a great job, but the environment the kids come from means that any significan timprovments ar eunlikely. It might be that just maintaining results represents a fantastic effort.
I believe any poor performing school could improve, if you are a teacher though please enlighten me further

What do you mean by "primary" religiuos education? RE these days has a mix of all religions and cultures. What is wrong with that? And what does "Old fashioned values" mean? Just the Bible?
Christian values but yes basically

But there will always be people that fall ill in their time here. What do you do with those peopel that are ill and cannot afford to pay a bill?

And if you are saying you need to have paid 5 years worth of tax - does that apply to unemployed people as well as immigrants?
Yes only immigrants

But how do you define who is and is not able to work?

A medical

Ahh the favourite of politicans - the fabled "red tape" which translates as "i have no idea where I am going to get the money from

Yep thats about it
Old 02 May 2008, 10:33 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

So a complete guess, then.

Another complete guess.
Like most of Labours decisions - yes

All strikes? or just public sector workers?
Just public sector - they have an easy ride as it is.

Not being awkward - just preparing you for the questions John Hunphreys is going to give you when you run for Parliament

No problem Pete you read the Guardian i read the Sun

No offence taken whatsoever, good debate is good.

*just dont go too hard on me eh?
Old 02 May 2008, 10:37 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

I believe any poor performing school could improve, if you are a teacher though please enlighten me further
Oh no, I'm not a teacher. What I was getting at is that there are very poor performing schools in inner citiy areas. Now I appreciate the sentiment of trying to improve them with financial incentive. However, any body going there will be going there at a risk of not improiving the school. Any very good teacher will be attracted to a "easier" job, because seeing as his/her pay is performance related, the risk of not getting a pay rise is that much less at a better performaning school.

I don;t think financial incetive is the way forward in getting these schools out of trouble.

Christian values but yes basically
And what makes Christian values any better than any other values? Say, Muslim, Hindu or Bhuddist?

I mean at present the system teaches you the core values of all these religions.
A medical
Do incapacity/disability claimants not have to have some form of medical proof (say from a GP) that they are unable to work, then?
Old 02 May 2008, 10:40 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Who would take an increase in income tax to pay for all the problems we currently have with funding the country?

Fuel, low public wages, stupid stealth tax etc.

25% and 45% for say a year or two. Just to pull it back some. You can't have your penny and your bun. You want cheaper cost of living, put up with hard times for a while.

Only way to save us.
Old 02 May 2008, 10:44 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Oh no, I'm not a teacher. What I was getting at is that there are very poor performing schools in inner citiy areas. Now I appreciate the sentiment of trying to improve them with financial incentive. However, any body going there will be going there at a risk of not improiving the school. Any very good teacher will be attracted to a "easier" job, because seeing as his/her pay is performance related, the risk of not getting a pay rise is that much less at a better performaning school.

I don;t think financial incetive is the way forward in getting these schools out of trouble.
Possibly but i geuinly think a lot of teachers dont do it just for the love of it although i maybe wrong

And what makes Christian values any better than any other values? Say, Muslim, Hindu or Bhuddist?
Another good point and dont get me wrong its healthy to learn about other peoples cultures but (for me) i dont think its healthy to batter kids with the Koran all day whilst having Christian values is seen as borderline racism.

Is it right having a huge sign in Arabic on the oustside of a school with a tiny sign in English undeneath, this i've seen in Oldham, this is not a race thing its politically correct nonsense, nothing wronmg with other religions but lets not ram it down our kids throats.

I mean at present the system teaches you the core values of all these religions.

Do incapacity/disability claimants not have to have some form of medical proof (say from a GP) that they are unable to work, then?
[/quote]

At the moment i feel its all to easy to dupe a GP in signing that form to say you cannot work, i'd make them accountable for it (how i dont know) but i will say there are loads who could actually work.
Old 02 May 2008, 10:46 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Chief, where do I sign?

The amount of money that could be saved by forcing all those fraudulently claiming income support, housing benefit, incapacity support etc must run into millions. I too have worked for the benefits office and know what goes on, my current work also gives me a very good insight into the extent of the fraud that goes on and it makes me sick. I'm fed up to the back teeth of funding somebody else's lifestyle; their car, their home, their holidays, their days out every time I leave my front door to go to work. Grrrr

Rant over
Old 02 May 2008, 10:53 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Also, have you ever thought about looking into becomming a councillor or politican?

I really do think that there is a need for people with genuine aspirations to change how things are.

I mean I might not agree with everything you are saying, but you obviously have a genuine passion for what you are saying and I have to respect that.
Old 02 May 2008, 10:54 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I agree Scoobychick it really is truly sickening. when i go to work yet these tw*ts do bugger all.
Old 02 May 2008, 12:07 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I can sort the RE argument! Don't teach any religion, it's all bollox anyway!

Some more money saving tips;

If you're an MP you're not allowed to employ or pay anyone that you are related to.

MPs are not allowed to claim allowances for housing, 1st house, 2nd house or otherwise!

Sod peace keeping, let's bomb the hell out of Iraq and Afghanistan, remove the threats and then get the hell outta there.

Stop this blame culture rubbish, if you trip on a pavement, tough luck, claiming against the council will be made illegal!

Bring back the death penalty. Anything over 20 years and you're out, I mean what's the point of trying again after 20 odd years?! Also prisoners would be made to work, making gravel or summat equally tedious! Low risk offenders could clean up graffiti and litter.

Stop giving America our inventions, the jet engine, tips on how to fly supersonic etc...we could at least charge for it!

Stop all this green rubbish.

And finally, I'd made people walk further away from my chuffin car!! Not a national problem I know but why do people have to brush against it ffs, there's the whole width of the road to go at...sorry, just saw someone else do it whilst I was typing and looking out of the window!
Old 02 May 2008, 01:13 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think thats a pretty fair list Chief, about time some people were made to act on their own behalf in many ways instead of relying on someone else-ie the taxpayer to pay them money so that they don't need to work.

When it comes to paying for it Pete Brant, the first act should be to get rid of the vast beaurocratic army and the "non jobs" which cost us so much of our taxes and achieve the square root of nothing when it comes to benefiting this country. This dogma of a target driven work force is absolute rubbish and could only put in place by an organisation which does not have the first idea how to run or inspire a successful work force. People have no pride in their jobs as they used to and it is not surprising. Get shot of all the thousands of "advisors" as well. They dont seem to be advising very well so far anyway do they?

The other big point, apart from immigration of course, is the Eu. Do we really want to have the most corrupt organisation going to run our country telling us how to run our own lives? How can an organisation whose accounts have not been accepted by the International Auditors for 12 years now be allowed to carry on without penalty. What has happened to all the billons of Euro's which have mysteriously disppeared? And how well do we trust the MEP's who have voted to keep their scandalous expense allowances and how they are spent secret from us?

Time to kick all the graft into touch I think.

Les
Old 02 May 2008, 01:38 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Also, have you ever thought about looking into becomming a councillor or politican?

I really do think that there is a need for people with genuine aspirations to change how things are.

I mean I might not agree with everything you are saying, but you obviously have a genuine passion for what you are saying and I have to respect that.

My old fella said i had drive and passion.

However imagine me up against Paxman - christ it was bad enough dealing with you

Seriously though i feel that most (not all) but most politicians only care about themselves, as much as i whinge and moan i think the people in this country are great and we are capable of so much more. I just want a better country for the people who work their a**es off to make it a better place (god have you heard me) but you get the drift.

They need to listen to the people in the country a bit more
Old 02 May 2008, 01:38 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Carl - how about building a UK version of the Nurburgring - could i suggest using the cat and fiddle as part of it

No i have no other serious policy issues as what polititians say and what they do are entirely different hence why i didn't bother voting and so why i can't complain how this country is going down hill quicker than Pete Higham goes into armco!
Old 02 May 2008, 01:41 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

PeteBrant, I disagree with your statement that any good teacher would want the easier jobs. My sister is currently a Primary Deputy Head and is looking for a Headship somewhere. She has been offered 2 jobs: 1 at a well performing school with a generous wage or she could take a £8k pay cut from her current wage to work at a poorly performing school which she passionately believes she can improve (something she has a track record of).

I'm the same and all the people really good people I've worked with are as well (I/m not a teacher, I'm talking generally here): we'd rather take the harder job and make a real difference.
Old 02 May 2008, 01:54 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MY93WRX
Carl - how about building a UK version of the Nurburgring - could i suggest using the cat and fiddle as part of it

No i have no other serious policy issues as what polititians say and what they do are entirely different hence why i didn't bother voting and so why i can't complain how this country is going down hill quicker than Pete Higham goes into armco!

Martin a UK Nurburgring would be first on my list
Old 02 May 2008, 07:07 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Chief.

You forgot the bit of binning Section 59's

Other than that, it's all good as far as I'm concerned. I'd probably put myself back on the electoral register, to vote for someone that talked sense.
Old 02 May 2008, 07:22 PM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

Originally Posted by MY93WRX

and you let me drive your car last night
Old 02 May 2008, 09:24 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

Carl, you have my vote mate but on a few points I wonder how you'd deal with them.

Motoring policy:
Reduce tax on all fuel by 20-30%,

Agreed, Plus increase the speed limit on the motorway to 100mph. With a proviso than exceeding this limit will get you a 30 day ban.

Think the motorway lessons should be mandatory as expecting people who have just passed a test and have no experience of motorways just to be able to drive on them is lunacy.

Immigration:

Anyone entering the country must put down a 10,000 quid deposit before they enter.

Any instance where an immigrant wishes to use the politically correct asylum laws and european rights will have to be paid for by them, they would not receieve legal aid.
Agreed.

Employment:

This might not be as good an idea as you think as the media would have a field day when they all get sacked and are officially listed as unemployed

Europe:
I'd get the f**k out straight away and the billions we give them that supports countries like Turkey would be invested back into
this country. If its good enough for Norway its good enough for us.
Agreed

NHS: I'd make it performance related again, but i'd employ a hatchet man at every hospital who took charge of getting rid of all the politically correct pen pushers and the money saved would be pumped back into that hospital, i.e. nurses and improving the quality of heathcare for the patients.
agreed more nurses/consultants, less middle management.

Crime and policing:

I'd get all the community police inside doing all the paperwork and as a result getting the police where they belong, back onto the streets.

The prisons are already full to bursting point, where will you put them all?

I would also push to make parents responsible for the actions of their children.

good luck with that one.
Old 03 May 2008, 10:01 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

cheers mike
Old 03 May 2008, 10:39 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Talking

Agree with EVERYTHING you said apart from this point.

It should be £50,000 if they intend to be here for more than 12 months.

£25,000 if they intend to say over 6 Months

£1000 if here for up to 6 months

If they declare up to 6 months and stay over by 1 day they immediately face the £25K charge + £25K damages.

If they declare up to 12 months and stay over by 1 day they immediately face the £50K charge + £50K damages.

Anyone employing / housing would face the risk of paying the fines (except mosques)
Old 04 May 2008, 01:20 AM
Andy S.
Scooby Senior

Education:
Dont agree with this one bit !!

Wifes Sister is in a fairly low performing school!!! but shee works every hour god sends on trying to make her class improve!!! (I think her clas is top of the school!!

She works all weekend on getting her lessons just right for the following week!!!