Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

suggestions for a spiteful neighbour...

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2007, 01:25 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestions for a spiteful neighbour...

il start from the beginning on this one.

a little while ago, this guy who lives 3 or so doors down from me (row of long thin terraced houses so picture it that way), started parking his car right outsied his house. no problem there you say, but he did it even though it may have taken say three small car spaces up. one day i thought i could squeeze in the space he had left between him and my next door neighbourrs car. there was nowhere else to park and my driveway had no garage round the back and faces onto a main road which has a history of car brake ins, so i was stumped.

i admittedly misjugded the space and tapped (seriously, tapped, not scraped and bumped, tapped) his front bumper. i realised and was just going to apologise and check his car for damage when he comes marching out his house. now hes a weedy skinny man about 5"8 in his 40s with richard whitley glasses, so i wasnt intimidated. neither the less he starts having a real go, and i do genuinly apologise profoundly, and offer to pay for any damage.

he then starts going on about "us young drivers in our fancy cars this fancy cars that" and i started to lose my patience. he started to walk off and mumbled some obsenity under his breath. that was it. i approached him in a calm manner and said "look if you wasnt such a prat when you seem to deliberatley park in front of your house taking up two big cars (he had a t-plate rover saloon) or three small car spaces, there wouldnt be this problem would there." i admit i did tap his car, but i was making the point, which i believe to be fair, that if he parked reasobably upto the next car leaving a fair space for me or anyone else to get into, this problem wouldnt have arisen. "but i have the right to park outside my house if i want to" was his reply.

"yes" i said, "but why cant you park sensibly and not in two spaces, for the sake of a few feet, wehn you know space is tight on this street"

it went on and on, but he was adament he could park however he wanted too. and it has annoyed several other neighbours too.

so thats the background. tonight i got home from work early, and found his car in threeish full spaces, right outside my house. its blantantly obvious he has done this deliberatley, as hes not parked outside his precious house, someone already being there. this means i have had to park my car 50-60 yards up my street as i have no garage currently, saving up.

i believe its time for a little revenge. i have already tried talking to the guy a couple of times, he just walks/drives off without achknowledging me. i even tried a little polite note one morning when i got home to nowhere to park, even though al the other cars are neatly slotted in, in their relative spaces.

all i got for that was several green bogie flegs on my rear window and spoiler, for which a nieghbour saw him do while i was in bed.

can anybody suggest a simple effective way of revenge. he cant get me back via my car now as i have 24 hour cctv always watching it, so anything he did would be straight to the police, as i have personal suspicions about him scratching my car those few weeks ago.

im thinking while its dark popping a nail under his wheel, as its blatantly obvious hes doing this to spite me, regardless of how much i apologised for his car or anything else. i personally never use two spaces, i always try park consideratley. in short hes a ******, and although controversial im tempted to run my keys down his car, im so cheesed with his attitude... along with other neighbours.

am i being fair or what here, as i cant justify why he does it so much, especially the spitting on my car.

here i have done a quick pic on ms paint. its pretty self explanatory to as what he seems to be doing especially tonight. so why cant he park a little to the left or right, so another person, not just necessarily me, fit comfortably into it. its not as if when he used to park efficiently, he didnt give himself enough space to get out. hes got worse and worse the tosser.

no comments on the terrible image either. lol

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 19 April 2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 19 April 2007, 01:30 AM
Puppetmaster
Scooby Regular

Fair bunch of a*rses on our street who seem to suffer from the same problem of taking up more than their fair share of parking spaces....

As for revenge...
well
their are lots of good ideas...not that I condone that course of action
Old 19 April 2007, 01:37 AM
swampster
Scooby Regular

LOL.. you must be enraged to have sat and drawn that in paint!

Can sympathise with you however, biggest bunch of inconsiderate arseholes have recently moved in next to me... been keeping calm (relatively speaking) for a good 6 months now, but anytime soon and he's waking up next to a severed horse's head!!
Old 19 April 2007, 01:49 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

so its not me over reacting then, as i try be as fair as possible. in the mornings i crawl down the street so i dont wake anybody up with my exhaust. thats considerate. what hes doing is spiteful.

suggestions on revenge. pms anyone
Old 19 April 2007, 02:25 AM
Puppetmaster
Scooby Regular

I get back from work late (11.30pm) on the weekends so I have to crawl up the street so I don't set off any car alarms ... just get irritated when I find some a*se has gone and taken up enough room for 2 cars with his/her's crap/selfish parking!!!!
Old 19 April 2007, 06:47 AM
Infractfree
BANNED

Auction/Scrapper/Ebay for a just about running shed with very little MOT and tax on it for next to no money. Use it to annoy him.

Park outside his house

Try and fit it into the 'too small' gaps that he leaves around his car. Obviously don't damage it but you'd be surprised just how hard you can hit a car square on without causing visible damage.

Use it as a 'space reserver' outside your house, doing exactly the same as he does.

Work on it outside his house with the stereo on nice and loud

etc etc etc
Old 19 April 2007, 07:03 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Sadly we had a smiumlar problem with the ***** who lives next door to me he blantly parked his car in the middle of the road blocking everyone in, my mate knocked on his door and asked him to move, yeah in a minute was the reply, well this went on for 15 to 20 minutes when he finally came out their was a massive cheer, but he then said something to my mate and threw a punch at him, (big mistake) I had to drag my mate of him and drag him in doors otherwise he would have killed him,(bearing in mind this guy supposedly has a bad back and can't work) any how the police were called by them, well this young police lady, she tore him apart and said that he is breaking the law by parking in the middle of the road and if he did it again she told him he would be nicked, and if we had any more problems we were to phone her she gave us a card each with her number on it, then she said to this idiot I'm watching you, anymore nonsense from you and your feet will not touch( talk about tiny but tough) We thanked her and she said no problem I have enough to do without dealing with idiots like that.
Cheers
Colin
Old 19 April 2007, 07:10 AM
Lee D T
Scooby Regular

In the past I have in an older car reversed onto a neighbours bumper and pushed a car back up the street.

Personally I would sling a container of brake fluid over his car.
Old 19 April 2007, 07:15 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

wow some right nasty bastids on here.

for today i hope he got the point. i coughed up the biggest flemmiest greeny in my throat and planted it straight on his drivers side door handle. better still as i was just going out to drop the mrs off at work 30 mins ago, he was there looking mystified at his hand

andy 1... annoying spiteful neighbour nil poi.
Old 19 April 2007, 07:50 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Don't get into a revenge situation unless you know you're willing to go further than him. If you key his car, what will he do to yours? If it escalates and you don't have the cajones to keep upping the ante, you'll come off worst.
Old 19 April 2007, 08:02 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

1) If the other neighbours empathise, sympathise with your plight who are either side of his rover shed, suggest they start parking tightly up to his car making him work to get it in and out of that space...
2) Pay the local lads to "bounce" his car out of the space at weekends... Some lads did that to my missus saxo recently - no damage and we saw the funny side - be a hypocrite not to as we used to do it when we were kids!
3) Email your local councillor regarding parking problems in your area. Suggest in their next newsletter (if you get one) that considerate parking is a must, back it up with a friendly written flier on all car windows from an anonymous resident...
4) Throw BBQ food over your fence into his rear yard... Buns, burgers, Soswarge, anything you dont have the room to eat once cooked. It wont solve the problem, but it's one of my hobbies and jolly good fun
Old 19 April 2007, 08:05 AM
stara
Scooby Regular

just reverse into his bumper again, do it daily if need be, when he flips, just calmly smile and tell him thats what bumper's are for. he'll soon park normally (it would be v difficult for him to prove you damaged his car even if he is there watching) but as the previous poster states, do not get drawn into a revenge tit for tat as these usually rapidly escalate out of all proportion of the original issue, and life is not worth it.

Last edited by stara; 19 April 2007 at 08:08 AM.
Old 19 April 2007, 08:14 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

As far as I'm aware, he DOESN'T have the right in law to park outside his own house on the public road.

I don't know how that might help, but it's a common misconception.
Old 19 April 2007, 08:19 AM
stara
Scooby Regular

you're totally correct, nobody has the right to park outside their homes or anywhere else on a public road if not in a designated parking bay, in fact, if the police were feeling particulalry arsey, they could book whoever they felt like for causing an obstruction. It's just courtesy that determines this unspoken, outside my house parking, rule.
Old 19 April 2007, 08:23 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

got any mates with recovery trucks? leave one outside his house he will soon get the message, if you really want to rub it in bung a crappy lookin scrap car on the back
Old 19 April 2007, 08:52 AM
demonsurfer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee D T
In the past I have in an older car reversed onto a neighbours bumper and pushed a car back up the street.

Personally I would sling a container of brake fluid over his car.
shaz baz like your thinking we get it down my street people down my street have parked sensibly for years down our street then we get a couple of prats move in then hay presto the parking goes **** up .we had one guy park across from a skip that was down our street <on a slight blind bend> so the road was blocked when i told him he was blocking the road his reply was :AND i will move it in a bit :what a prat my neighbour told him to move it as it would get pushed out of the way if a fire engine need to get past <he being a fireman> he moved it with a look on his face like a told of little kid . so my advise do as a friend did get a mate with a nice big 4x4 and tow it out the way
Old 19 April 2007, 08:56 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

My top tip for the day, faeces is your friend.
Old 19 April 2007, 08:56 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Don't get into a revenge situation unless you know you're willing to go further than him. If you key his car, what will he do to yours? If it escalates and you don't have the cajones to keep upping the ante, you'll come off worst.
There's the best advice so far on this thread
Old 19 April 2007, 09:14 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
My top tip for the day, faeces is your friend.
brown paper bag?

....matches?

...ooh, suits you sir
Old 19 April 2007, 09:15 AM
Dannybwoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV

I agree with this 100%

Getting into a tit for tat situation is pointless imho. I know how you feel as well. I live in a row of terraces, next door neighbours car has broken down, right outside our house, she is now using her mums car so that is one extra car that doesnt need to be there taking up a space. A bloke one house away insists on parking his car outside his house too, at the expense of everyone else if need be. and an old dear two doors down cant park to save her life and regularly takes up two spaces, meaning i have to try and squeeze into tiny spaces, heart in mouth moments i'll tell you.

If you start the revenge thing off, then who knows where it will lead. He could easily put on dark clothes/hat etc. early hours of the morning in full veiw of your cctv and do what he wants to your car and there is no way to prove who did it.

And, how long will it go on? How long will you have to keep putting the effort in to this? Is it worth letting yourself be constantly pissed off for the sake of some little ****** who isnt worth pissing on if he was on fire?

I'd just leave it mate. Park outside his whenever you get the chance, but dont do anything obvious/malicious. You dont know who will be watching you when you do stuff do you and it could all backfire and YOU end up being charged with something.

I know it pisses you off and its so tempting, but i really dont think it is worth it.

Last edited by Dannybwoy; 19 April 2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 19 April 2007, 09:17 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiPie
There's the best advice so far on this thread
yes, in my experience you'll just dig yourself a big hole and the whole situation will consume too much of your time and energy!

btw - you should check where you stand on the "private cctv on public highway and use of recorded imagery as evidence" issue
Old 19 April 2007, 09:23 AM
demonsurfer
Scooby Regular

wait till hes in the pub then walk up behind him and pull his pants down in front of everyone .everyone will laugh and he will feel like a prat
Old 19 April 2007, 09:24 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Some people get wound up at the smallest of things, just let it go by you, if you have a driveway then use it. If you have to park 50yds up the street then do so, its the unfortunate situation of owning a Terraced house Im afraid. If its getting to you enough to do little drawings and write and essay on here then he is winning already.
Old 19 April 2007, 09:24 AM
Dannybwoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by demonsurfer
wait till hes in the pub then walk up behind him and pull his pants down in front of everyone .everyone will laugh and he will feel like a prat

PMSL

Old 19 April 2007, 09:35 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Some people get wound up at the smallest of things, just let it go by you, if you have a driveway then use it. If you have to park 50yds up the street then do so, its the unfortunate situation of owning a Terraced house Im afraid. If its getting to you enough to do little drawings and write and essay on here then he is winning already.
There is some good advice for you. Starting a war with your neighbour is not always a good thing to do.

Since you have a driveway, have you considered parking your car there and clamp it? That may make is safer than on street parking, lower insurance, and less likely to be scratched.
Old 19 April 2007, 09:59 AM
Claaarkio
Scooby Regular

That suprises me coming from a grumpy old git

Hire some "Kids" to jump on his car, denting it all over then run out and shout at them to get off, lol you'll be the hero, but then be able to walk back into your house and do a "Mohahahahahaha" evil laugh

Dave
Old 19 April 2007, 10:03 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Claaarkio
That suprises me coming from a grumpy old git
We all have to grow up sometime Dave, maybe one day you'll realise too
Old 19 April 2007, 10:05 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

this is easy IMO

buy a cheap wheel clamp, fit it when its dark and throw the key away

he is going to take up the 3 spaces anyway just to **** you off, so let him have them for a few weeks till he works out how to remove the wheel clamp.

tell nobody what you have done, as the gossip mongers will spread the word.

G/F thinks i`m a bit of a **** with parking, for a good reason, i pay for a designated space outside our apartment, its mine, anybody uses it, expect a polite letter under the windscreen the first time..............
Old 19 April 2007, 10:06 AM
Claaarkio
Scooby Regular

We all have to grow up sometime Dave, maybe one day you'll realise too
No way!
Old 19 April 2007, 10:08 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Deffo a case of 'I own the road outside my house'....... err no, you don't... and if Mr Bean wants to take up three spaces guess what... "He can!"

Quick Reply: suggestions for a spiteful neighbour...