Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Any Royal Mail people? Or ayone who has had a problem with Royal Mail....

Old 16 November 2006, 10:52 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Royal Mail people? Or ayone who has had a problem with Royal Mail....

I ordered some stuff of t'internet on Sunday evening, and paid extra money to have the offered 'next day delivery'. This is from a company I have used before and one which is reliable.

No parcel Tuesday - I thought as I had ordered Sun night, it might slow it slightly.

No parcel Wednesday - perhaps I didn't request next day delivery or perhaps I hadn't processed the order at all, or something was out of stock which delayed it's arrival, I'll give it till Thursday I thought.

Thursday morning - still no parcel!! I phoned the company who confirmed that the order was processed and sent next day delivery on Monday, so by rights I should have had the stuff first thing Tuesday morning... I checked with everyone in my house to make sure no one had signed for anything and forgotten to give it to me. No.

The company came back to me and said it was delivered and signed for by me - my first name is Anna however, the signature clearly showed as Anne and is definately in some thieving barstewards handwriting. I have tried the track & trace system on the Royal Mail website, and they show the signature - it clearly isn't mine, and very suspiciously the time delivered is illegible....

Obviously I am down £50 + I haven't had the parcel - the compnay have my money, but as far as they are concerned it has been delivered!!

I'm going to collar my postie in the morning to ask him if he delivered it to a neighbour, and also the local delivery office. Anyone any idea how difficult it is going to be to get this sorted? If you work for the RM is there any quick way I can do this??

TIA
One very pissed off little-ginge
Old 16 November 2006, 11:00 PM
Jaydee5
Scooby Regular

Sorry, can't help ...from one very pissed off on your behalf, Jaydee
Old 16 November 2006, 11:02 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

Sometimes the postie signs it and leaves it round the back, they've done it to me, looked on the tracking and it said signed for and a ****e signature of my name, had a scout around outside and it was in the shed!

That was parcelforce
Old 16 November 2006, 11:04 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

I've looked in the hedge, the paper recycling bin, the drain cover, round the corner, asked my neighbours..

I havent searched the poop-a-scoop bins on the local rec though..
Old 16 November 2006, 11:06 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought you was going to say that you couldnt reach the letterbox

the last few days ive ordered stuff and its come the next day, and thats free delivery as well
Old 16 November 2006, 11:07 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
i thought you was going to say that you couldnt reach the letterbox
It's the spy hole I cannae see through Why am I going all northern??
Old 16 November 2006, 11:08 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by little-ginge
It's the spy hole I cannae see through Why am I going all northern??

everytime i speak to lesley i go all northern
Old 16 November 2006, 11:25 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Technically it's the company you ordered from who should sort it out for you - you paid them for a product and haven't received it. They paid Royal Mail so they need to apply for compensation for the lost parcel.
Old 16 November 2006, 11:33 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Check the T&CS but if they cannot prove you have the goods then its a null contract as they cannot prove completion of the contract and you are entitled to a full refund. Thats under consumer law assuming you have not made the purchase in association with any company as the law is different for business to business purchases.

AllanB
Old 16 November 2006, 11:40 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Thank you!!
Old 17 November 2006, 08:30 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

YHPM
Old 17 November 2006, 09:50 AM
scoobyangel
Scooby Regular

i worked for royal mail for 15 years.... for my sins!

if the postie had left it elsewhere he should of left you a card saying where it was... and they are not supposed to do this, if he did and got found out he would have action taken against him.

the poster has to claim compensation through royal mail's customer service team, this could take a while, but if it was posted by special delivery it is covered, and should be reletivly easy, but you have to prove that you did not recieve it and it went elsewhere... the customer service team will investigate the postman, to see if he misdelivered it to a completly wrong address, or got someone else in your street to sign for it... you could also go and speak to CAB for advice as it may be worth your while getting the police involved, especially as it sounds quite possible that some postie has very light fingers!
Old 17 November 2006, 11:39 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Don't let them get away with it Little Ginge. It is their responsibility to sort the Royal Mail out.

Les
Old 17 November 2006, 11:50 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Has happened to me before and took a while to prove I did not get it delivered. Company that sent the goods did all the chasing though. Was found to have gone missing at town sorting office.
Good luck.
Old 17 November 2006, 01:36 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

i had the same problem with parcel force i ordered a parcel last thursday on next day delivery and it only turned up on wednesday lucky i was in to sign for it, is it not possible he could of put it behind your bin my postman does that if im not in
Old 17 November 2006, 02:10 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Take it up with the company you ordered the goods from. Your contract is with them not Royal mail.

You get your loses off them, they in turn get the loses off Rm, who get it from their insurance.

I hate it when companies do this, it's not your problem their contractors (in this case RM) fail in their specific task. It's similar to when you call somewhere and get the answer it's not my department, at the end of the day you don't care who's fault/problem it is as long as it gets sorted.

Oh and if you paid by CC, give them a shout and they'll suspend the transaction until it's sorted.
Old 19 November 2006, 10:55 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all your replies... my suspect is fast becoming the postie - he has admitted to signing for parcels for me in the past but leaves them in full view on our doorstep.

He offered to go back to the delivery office and ask around - i still insisted on logging it with the Royal Mail Customer Service line who agree it all sounds rather fishy.

The postie is fast becoming a bit of a PIA.. left a note asking for me to call him yesterday ( which I havent) and then turned upon the door step hours later asking to speak to me - I wasn't around. Apparently he is offering to pay for the package... which is highly odd doesn't it??

Am waiting for the nice chap at Royal Mail to come back to me - don't think I am going to mention about the postie leaving packages and the offer of money, as he may just be fearing for his job, and i don't want to land him in that much trouble
Old 19 November 2006, 11:22 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little-ginge
i don't want to land him in that much trouble
If (and its a BIG if) he stole it, then IMHO he doesnt deserve the job as getting away with it once will only mean it happens again.
Old 19 November 2006, 11:47 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rr_ww
If (and its a BIG if) he stole it, then IMHO he doesnt deserve the job as getting away with it once will only mean it happens again.
If I had proof he nabbed it I wouldn't hesitate in ratting on him, but I don't so I am keeping schtum