Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Free country my ????

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2006, 10:44 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free country my ????

Just been to visit my Mum and Dad in Morecambe,lovely sunny day,fantastic country 'A' roads with long straights and crystal clear vision.had two police cars follow me and saw about 5 marked cars and one unmarked car sat in a lay by on a dual carriageway.Multiple speed cameras in every village you pass through.I never broke the speed limit once(wink wink)l felt like a criminal after completing the 65 mile trip.This sort of thing is I am sure going on all over the country.What next ID Cards,Eye in the Sky tracking.Where is the freedom to live a little without rules rules rules and more bluudy rules.
Road is A65 Skipton (North Yorks)
Old 17 July 2006, 10:56 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerman1
Just been to visit my Mum and Dad in Morecambe,lovely sunny day,fantastic country 'A' roads with long straights and crystal clear vision.had two police cars follow me and saw about 5 marked cars and one unmarked car sat in a lay by on a dual carriageway.Multiple speed cameras in every village you pass through.I never broke the speed limit once(wink wink)l felt like a criminal after completing the 65 mile trip.This sort of thing is I am sure going on all over the country.What next ID Cards,Eye in the Sky tracking.Where is the freedom to live a little without rules rules rules and more bluudy rules.
I'm not far from Skipton

It's not uncommon, more so at the moment that they are out in force

Keep your eye out for a 3.2 V6 Vectra (white) unmarked (55 reg)
Old 17 July 2006, 11:06 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

thats the one I saw parked in the lay-by on the dual carriage way between crosshills and the steeton roundabout
Old 17 July 2006, 11:12 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

thats the one I saw parked in the lay-by on the dual carriage way between crosshills and the steeton roundabout
Yeah, for a Vectra its very quick too!

Went screaming past me that other week at speed!

For info - My mum's well in with the coppers (due to the nature of the family business) - they are having a mass exodus with mobile units around Skipton etc. and surrounding (due to the lack of fixed Camera's )

The piece of bypass (A650) between Steeton & Kildwick (Crosshills) is their speciality! More so in the layby towards Skipton, just off the roundabout - I've seen loads of the Ba$tards recently
Old 17 July 2006, 11:12 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Plenty out around sunny Scunny yesterday too: marked and unmarked Scoobs, marked BMW amd Marked Vectra 3.2.

They HAD stopped two young kids in a Fiesta, subs and wires hanging out of the boot, one of 'em in handcuffs, the other being spoken to.

Music probably too loud while the cops were enjoying their donuts

Alcazar
Old 17 July 2006, 11:13 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I live at Cowling and work in Skipton, this area is so over policed it's incredible, you'd think it was a crime hotspot! I've even heard a MET copper say it was over policed!

Look out for the Police Scoobs too, a silver one all stickered up and a very subtle blue STI, the last three letters of the reg are ABV, there's very little to give it away but if you look closely you can just see some lights in the front grill, above the rear no. plate and cameras on the rear shelf

The A65 is a big no no, the feds just sit on there and catch the bikers all day long, the A59 to Harrogate isn't much better...both crackin roads!
Old 17 July 2006, 11:18 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

This is the sort of weather that brings the flies out!

Les
Old 17 July 2006, 11:18 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB.T
I live at Cowling and work in Skipton, this area is so over policed it's incredible, you'd think it was a crime hotspot! I've even heard a MET copper say it was over policed!

Look out for the Police Scoobs too, a silver one all stickered up and a very subtle blue STI, the last three letters of the reg are ABV, there's very little to give it away but if you look closely you can just see some lights in the front grill, above the rear no. plate and cameras on the rear shelf

The A65 is a big no no, the feds just sit on there and catch the bikers all day long, the A59 to Harrogate isn't much better...both crackin roads!
Bob - I know Cowling well......(yhpm)

Best roads to play are beyond Burnsall, or over the tops to Esholt....

Or Lothersdale to Colne (back road)
Old 17 July 2006, 11:24 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Or Lothersdale to Colne (back road)
Do NOT use this road between 8 - 9 AM and 5.30 - 6 PM, week days, it's my private test track / route to work!
Old 17 July 2006, 11:28 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB.T
Do NOT use this road between 8 - 9 AM and 5.30 - 6 PM, week days, it's my private test track / route to work!
Old 17 July 2006, 11:37 AM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft

this is for the bikes that feking fly throught the villages on there way to kirby longsdale, i use to live with it every weekend, do what you want on the open road but keep it down in the villages
Old 17 July 2006, 12:13 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie
This is the sort of weather that brings the flies out!
And we all know what flies are attracted to...
Old 17 July 2006, 12:54 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby-si
this is for the bikes that feking fly throught the villages on there way to kirby longsdale, i use to live with it every weekend, do what you want on the open road but keep it down in the villages
I agree but the easy pickings are on the open road and thats why the police sit in the bushes on the straight bits
Old 17 July 2006, 12:55 PM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

I agree but the easy pickings are on the open road and thats why the police sit in the bushes on the straight bits
Indeed!
Old 18 July 2006, 11:46 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Quite right Brendan.

Les