Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Would you give your life?

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2006, 04:17 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would generally say I wouldn't trade my life for people I know or don't know. I'm fairly young (hopefully healthy!) and have no kids etc. Possibly may change if I have kids, but TBH I doubt it. I would risk my life to save others, and that degree of risk would rise or fall depending on the person involved.

Think some people on here are confusing risk with trading of life as Tiggs has pointed out.
Old 14 February 2006, 04:18 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chump

A bit deep i know but if there was a way where you could trade-off your life to save anothers - would you consider it?

I often see stories on the news about young kids dying and it devastating families or parents dying and leaving their kids without mum/dad....

If there was a way i'd trade-off my life in an instant to help save another family.

Can't imagine many other people would do the same. Interesting to hear your opinions.
Jack Bauer would.
Old 15 February 2006, 09:39 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dsmith
We could widen the discussion to trading your animals life for someone elses.....oh hang on we did that once before

Ultimately, Man is just a parasite
Old 15 February 2006, 09:59 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Interesting that you quote Tiggs who claims that he knows how everyone would react, when the people themselves take a different point of view.

As you say, your young. Plenty of time to learn then. I can't think of anything more selfless than giving your life to save your childrens. As a parent, i can think of nothing worse than seeing either of my children die before me. Trust me, I'd rather it was me.
I quoted Tiggs mention of "heat of the moment" type stuff, as in when it came down to a quick decision most would choose not to die, that doesnt mean I agree with him on knowing what everyone else thinks.

Maybe it will change when we have kids, I could imagine doing anyting to protect them like you say.

And when I say young, i'm 33 this year which is young in my eyes, too young to die anyway
Old 15 February 2006, 10:17 AM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
In answer to the post, then hell no.

Its my life, my only go at it and I'm young and still have plenty I want to do so I wont give it up easily, and defo not on a stranger.

I would always protect my immediate loved ones as much as I could, but as Tiggs says if it came down to it everyones selfish part of their character would come out and they would bottle it.
That's exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't find the words (so I borrowed yours).
Old 16 February 2006, 10:42 PM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

I'd kill you all for my kids. Lets hope it takes a while for them to grow up and ask eh ?
Old 16 February 2006, 10:51 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

me too Norm - and I've got two, so I'd kill them all twice
Old 17 February 2006, 06:51 AM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Originally Posted by Scrappy9
I would for my children.

If they needed to go for treatment abroad I would gladly sell my house/car etc to pay for this.
Me too, I'd do anything to save my son if it came to it. I hope and pray that it never does. I'd kill to protect him if i had to...