Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Norway, any info appreciated...

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2002, 03:27 PM
D Noble
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just booked up my hols,cottage on the fjords,
cracking deal for a week and taking the scoob, has anyone been,are prices as high for food, beer etc as everyone says,is petrol dearer,etc,should i stock up on wine/beer in duty free? price of cottage/travel was cheap,so usually that means everything else is expensive,i was quoted £380 to hire a polo for four days!,so decided to take own car on ferry

any info/tips would be appreciated
regards
dave
Old 26 August 2002, 04:24 PM
Trout...
Scooby Regular

Well, it's near Sweden!

Yes - booze and **** are expensive - however it is NOT in the European Union and so import limits apply - 200 smokes and 1l of spirits - so not much joy there.

It is a very expensive country - a sandwich and coffee for lunch can easily be a tenner..... just like London then

It has beautiful scenery - oh and the landscape is quite nice too (can get away with saying that as my wife is Norwegian )

Finally - if you go in the summer - take a sleeping blindfold - it doesn't get dark - or conversely in the winter take a torch - it doesn't get light!!!!!

Trout
Old 26 August 2002, 10:33 PM
D Noble
Scooby Regular

Trout, im going in a couple of weeks, gets dark up here at 8.30,so i presume it'll be a wee bit later than here(i hope) what is the chance of smuggling a crate of beer in? are the customs likely to do random searches?
we have a two year old,and most of the time will be spent at the cottage in the country, and i wont mind stumping up for the odd meal in a restaurant,its more the booze,petrol and **** were worried about!!
regards
dave
Old 26 August 2002, 11:14 PM
Trout...
Scooby Regular

Cool

Not so sure about taking in a crate - I think you can do 24 cans within the limit - never taken a car in so not sure about random searches. I think they are more diligent than most however.

Also when you get there you can only buy booze from nationalised outlets....Vinmonopolets....there will be a little window where you take your order - all very strange.

Have a good time.

Trout

Old 29 August 2002, 08:17 PM
Harry Potter
Scooby Regular

Wink

My Norwegian family do booze cruises to Denmark as it is so expensive!

Crates of beer shouldn't be a problem, but hey enjoy the country side and driving not the hangovers!

Norwegian culture is to be sober all week then demolish a few crates of beer over the weekend!