Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Back fired present

Old 30 December 2018, 11:20 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Back fired present

Anyone ever done a nice thing and the receiver has taken it completely the wrong way?

My wife did a photo frame for her mum & step dad.
Now her step dad has been there since she was 5 after her feather passed away and she is now 33. In her eyes he’s Dad.

The photo frame has the word family across the middle and is made up of 10 photos.
some square, rectangle, circle etc.

She wanted to make a collage of photos of all of the grand children and give it to them for Christmas.

She spent ages picking the right photos for each hole and was having trouble finding a photo to fit a portrait hole. She has loads of our children but not any that would fit of her brothers chidren.

She tried to do it that there was an even amount of photos from each sibling and similar poses to save anyone questioning why is there more of one child then the other.- It should have been an amazing present.

She was stuck on the last rectangle and even considered a photo of Both her mum & step dad with the grand children and there isn’t any.

She asked her brothers wife and again they don’t have any. She even tried to get the 4 of them together at a wedding for the photo (like I said she’s been doing this for ages) but they insisted on having cousins etc in the photo.

Truth of the matter is that when you look at it he doesn’t massively get involved with the grand children. Buys endless gifts but doesn’t play much with them.

Any ways he took massive offence that my wife put a photo of her mum and my daughter in the picture and not him with a grand child. (Again there isn’t any!)

Apparently he actually cried and thought my wife didn’t see him as family.

when my wife showed me the finished frame I thought it was amazing and didn’t even notice he wasn’t in it.
I can see him getting upset if he was part of the family for only a year or so but he isn’t.

Wven my wife said she had to just put a photo to fit and didn’t even think it being her mum would offend. It was a nice photo she put in.
Old 30 December 2018, 06:07 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

My wife got like that when my sister made a photo collage for my Mum's birthday, even though my sister had repeatedly asked for them.
Old 07 January 2019, 02:18 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can see why he took offence, he has been there for 28 yrs, receieves a joint present from step daughter with all the kids in it and his wife AND NOT HIM

yeah, i can see where he is coming from
Old 10 January 2019, 02:13 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see where he's coming from too. I'm not what you'd call particularly sensitive, but I'd be pretty upset if one of my stepkids had done something like that!