Your keep fit regime

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2018, 11:33 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Your keep fit regime

Well, I don't really do 'regimes' .

I play cricket April to September but now its winter, squash for 40 mins on a Thursday, 40 mins badminton with my son on a Sunday and two session withe the men Sunday evening. Plus a walk in the park with the kids for an hour or two.

Can't be doing with gyms and fitbits. However need to get back into doing my 100 press ups and and sit ups when I fall out of bed. But that's not happening soon.lol

Other than that. No fitness plan at all !
Old 14 October 2018, 02:04 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

8-10 hours of cycling on turbo/week. Weights a few sessions/week

Last edited by andy97; 14 October 2018 at 02:21 PM.
Old 14 October 2018, 02:53 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Gym 3/4 times a week with mostly cardio.
Old 14 October 2018, 10:46 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Summer: cycling to work, hiking in the Alps, walking, scuba diving (ok, so diving isn't particularly sporty, but good exercise for the mind and lugging tanks around can be a bit of a workout!)
Winter: Skiing, swimming, badminton, cycling if the weather permits, walking.

Don't really have a regime, I just do what I enjoy doing when it suits and it keeps me in reasonable shape.
Old 15 October 2018, 08:10 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Take the stairs sometimes
Old 15 October 2018, 08:51 AM
Filski
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My Doc told me I need to lose weight in order to avoid liver damage.... so I took fitness tad more seriously.

My week looks something like this.
Mon 20 Min run during work lunch, followed by evening gym which is 10 min cardio and 50 min weights and if I feel adventurous I join the ladies in the pool for some of that aqua dance dance revolution good laugh that.
Tue is just a gym session day where I do 10 min warm up cardio followed by 50 min weights
Wed is another jog at work for 20 min and further 30-40 min spin session in the eve.
Thurs gym day 10 min cardio followed by 50 min weights sometimes go for a swim (but I cannot swim so I do not count that as cardio)
Fri another lunch time run usually 20 min followed by gym session in the eve
Sat Sunday, depends on the mood I either do 30/40 min cardio or sometimes weights.

that's about it. oh and I also started to monitor my food on my fitness pal, so from June 2018 until now I have lost 8.5 kg and its a steady drop so I guess it is working.
Old 16 October 2018, 04:17 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Take the stairs sometimes

lol
Old 16 October 2018, 04:20 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Filski
My Doc told me I need to lose weight in order to avoid liver damage.... so I took fitness tad more seriously.

My week looks something like this.
Mon 20 Min run during work lunch, followed by evening gym which is 10 min cardio and 50 min weights and if I feel adventurous I join the ladies in the pool for some of that aqua dance dance revolution good laugh that.
Tue is just a gym session day where I do 10 min warm up cardio followed by 50 min weights
Wed is another jog at work for 20 min and further 30-40 min spin session in the eve.
Thurs gym day 10 min cardio followed by 50 min weights sometimes go for a swim (but I cannot swim so I do not count that as cardio)
Fri another lunch time run usually 20 min followed by gym session in the eve
Sat Sunday, depends on the mood I either do 30/40 min cardio or sometimes weights.

that's about it. oh and I also started to monitor my food on my fitness pal, so from June 2018 until now I have lost 8.5 kg and its a steady drop so I guess it is working.
I used to swim in the one spare lane when the ladies were doing aqua dance. Bejesus was like swimming against a tidal wave.lol
Old 16 October 2018, 04:34 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

I walk more briskly to the car these days.

Plus I have always played badminton competitively in the area leagues at county level and train at club nights and play matches a few times a week in season. Doesn't stop me being a f4t b4st4rd though!

Should really got the gym, but have young kids that absorb all my free time (willingly) and don't want to miss out while they are young. SO any fitness has to fit around work, wife and kids.
Old 16 October 2018, 04:44 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Up at 4am 3x coffees and bout 4fags and a phat spliff 2hr before I go bed for 9pm
I hit the gym for 2hrs then swim for 15 min 6days aweek and p.t bout 2/3 clients 4/5days aweek which is a work out on its own with a
low carb high protein and fibre diet
stopping bread has lost me 5stones in the last 10months

main thing only eat when your hungry not when your partner or mates fancy a munch stay away from bread
Old 16 October 2018, 04:45 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti1
I used to swim in the one spare lane when the ladies were doing aqua dance. Bejesus was like swimming against a tidal wave.lol
snap!

I love it more resistance
Old 16 October 2018, 05:13 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

ive not trained for 18 months really as i got injured after a strongman comp and it took a long time to recover so lost heart with it all, shame really as i was getting good results.

when i was training i was doing

monday - 5x5 strength training (squats/bench/deadlift) with some assistance lifting like close grip press,skull crushers,flat dumbell bench and calf raises

tuesday - strongman training (atlas stones 100kg stone 110kg stone 120kg stone 130kg stone then 100kg stone for reps over yolk, farmers walk 120kg per hand 10 meters to turn and back 10 meters x 3 times. if i had enough gas in the tank would do keg carry until failure with a 100kg keg

wednesday - 5x5 strength training (squat/overhead press/barbell row) with assistance exercises - calf raises, seated shoulder press, plate raises (no not raising a plate of food to my mouth lol) and single arm rows

thursday - rest

friday - 5x5 strength training - (squat/bench/deadlift) with assistance exercises - trap bar deadlifts for high reps, calf raises, dumbell flat bench

saturday - rest

sunday - strongman training - 800lb tyre flip x 5, sledgehammer tyre smash hiit training 60 seconds on 60 seconds off, log press starting off with 50kg training log up to 110kg comp size log, 180kg duck-walk for 15 meters turn and back x 3

i was really motivated 2 years ago on the run up to my comp, i trained for 3 months-never missed a set or rep, i was pulling 270kg on the deadlift and 220kg squats for reps. i tore my supinator muscle and it took well over 12 months for it to go back to normal. i then started telling myself that im too old for this type of training (38) and i just gave up. i have a garage set up that cost around £5k, i have my own heavy duty power rack, 300kg of weights, a selection of bars, trap bar, 100kg tyre, 200lb celtic strength comp log, duck walk etc etc but its all just gathering dust now and will probably be for sale soon.

i know its all in my head but when you dont believe in yourself it doesnt matter what anybody says. i love the strongman scene and i go to all of the shows with my mates and at one point i would have loved to compete at a higher level. i am a good size for it being 6ft 8 and 30 stone (although after 18 months of none training my fitness is woeful). i dont drink or take stupid drugs and i gave up smoking 5 years ago. i just eat..........alot...........very often lol

it seems the closer i get to 40 years old the more i dont believe i can do it.............stupid head.

Last edited by the shreksta; 16 October 2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 16 October 2018, 06:50 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Flipping heck ! I feel like a right wuss now.lol
Old 16 October 2018, 06:56 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the shreksta
ive not trained for 18 months really as i got injured after a strongman comp and it took a long time to recover so lost heart with it all, shame really as i was getting good results.

when i was training i was doing

monday - 5x5 strength training (squats/bench/deadlift) with some assistance lifting like close grip press,skull crushers,flat dumbell bench and calf raises

tuesday - strongman training (atlas stones 100kg stone 110kg stone 120kg stone 130kg stone then 100kg stone for reps over yolk, farmers walk 120kg per hand 10 meters to turn and back 10 meters x 3 times. if i had enough gas in the tank would do keg carry until failure with a 100kg keg

wednesday - 5x5 strength training (squat/overhead press/barbell row) with assistance exercises - calf raises, seated shoulder press, plate raises (no not raising a plate of food to my mouth lol) and single arm rows

thursday - rest

friday - 5x5 strength training - (squat/bench/deadlift) with assistance exercises - trap bar deadlifts for high reps, calf raises, dumbell flat bench

saturday - rest

sunday - strongman training - 800lb tyre flip x 5, sledgehammer tyre smash hiit training 60 seconds on 60 seconds off, log press starting off with 50kg training log up to 110kg comp size log, 180kg duck-walk for 15 meters turn and back x 3

i was really motivated 2 years ago on the run up to my comp, i trained for 3 months-never missed a set or rep, i was pulling 270kg on the deadlift and 220kg squats for reps. i tore my supinator muscle and it took well over 12 months for it to go back to normal. i then started telling myself that im too old for this type of training (38) and i just gave up. i have a garage set up that cost around £5k, i have my own heavy duty power rack, 300kg of weights, a selection of bars, trap bar, 100kg tyre, 200lb celtic strength comp log, duck walk etc etc but its all just gathering dust now and will probably be for sale soon.

i know its all in my head but when you dont believe in yourself it doesnt matter what anybody says. i love the strongman scene and i go to all of the shows with my mates and at one point i would have loved to compete at a higher level. i am a good size for it being 6ft 8 and 30 stone (although after 18 months of none training my fitness is woeful). i dont drink or take stupid drugs and i gave up smoking 5 years ago. i just eat..........alot...........very often lol

it seems the closer i get to 40 years old the more i dont believe i can do it.............stupid head.
dont sell your stuff on pal life starts at 40 you’ll be flipping them tyres in no time when your ready in mind that muscle memory will soon kick back in
Old 16 October 2018, 06:59 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by ZANY

dont sell your stuff on pal life starts at 40 you’ll be flipping them tyres in no time when your ready in mind that muscle memory will soon kick back in
yeah maybe..............maybe not. i should have done it when i was 20 instead of being pissed all the time