Cannabis legalisation - yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2018, 04:01 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Question Cannabis legalisation - yes or no

https://news.sky.com/story/cannabis-...lised-11410986

I wholeheartedly agree with her. Having used it long term myself (mostly skunk/super skunk) in my 20s I don't think it should be legalised for recreational use either. I will add i've never touched anything else despite all my friends at the time taking other stuff.

Her point about fine for some and not for others is completely right. Unfortunately the ones who it will affect the most won't know until it's too late.

Whilst I had a great time in my 20s I haven't touched it since and wouldn't ever again and have turned it down plenty of times since socially. I have no idea what the long term affects will be other than it screwed my memory up massively at the time and even now there are large parts of my 20s I just have no recollection of which I find particularly sad now.

I think the biggest difference is arguing about someone having a smoke socially at a party and it being fine compared to someone who then decides to do it regularly and long term and where it will have an effect on them whether minor or severe.

My best friend at the time was smoking it because it massively helped his Crohns disease symptoms and that I can't argue with, for medicinal reasons it can be of great help and the pros often outweigh the cons.

But to say anyone can just go out and get it legally and do it at as much as they like I think would be the wrong thing to do.
Old 22 June 2018, 04:12 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

I smoke it daily,

Legal or not I will continue to do it,

So will quite a large percentage of society these days,

Now I am also capable of growing my own which i would do if it were legal,

So the real question is should my hard earned cash be going towards the local farmers new RS Audi or towards schools which could then educate youngsters to make informed choices via Taxation.

Alcoholism & Obesity are more damaging to society.

Can literally eat yourself to death or drink yourself to death should you choose.

So who are you or anyone else to decide what i can and cannot do with my own body ?
Old 22 June 2018, 04:23 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

What does it matter, it is so easy to obtain anyway,
The Government are a little daft by not doing so, they are loosing millions of pounds,
Make it over 25 and go from there.
Old 22 June 2018, 04:26 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Guy in the story sounds like a bit of a fruit loop tbh as well, some folk are just screwed up, perhaps the cannabis kept him from flipping out and being even worse,

It's also been proven there is no physical addiction to it, unlike Cocaine/Heroine

I know plenty of loonballs who are sober as a judge,

The whole "Reefer Madness" nonsense

"Marijuana makes the blacks think they are as good as white men........."

Think most folk don't remember their 20's perhaps your just getting old....
Old 22 June 2018, 04:31 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

So really the guy died from Cancer ?

Because he didn't want treatment

Hee Haww to do with weed.

Infact i bet him smoking marijuana even prolonged his life as it's also been proven to have effects on certain cancers spreading.

Shame his head was too fried to accept chemo as he would still be toking away today.
Old 22 June 2018, 05:25 PM
Jon T
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy
I smoke it daily,

Legal or not I will continue to do it,

So will quite a large percentage of society these days,

Now I am also capable of growing my own which i would do if it were legal,

So the real question is should my hard earned cash be going towards the local farmers new RS Audi or towards schools which could then educate youngsters to make informed choices via Taxation.

Alcoholism & Obesity are more damaging to society.

Can literally eat yourself to death or drink yourself to death should you choose.

So who are you or anyone else to decide what i can and cannot do with my own body ?
Old 22 June 2018, 06:11 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes.

Last edited by ossett2k2; 22 June 2018 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Missed the full stop.
Old 22 June 2018, 06:25 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

So really the guy died from Cancer ?

Because he didn't want treatment

Hee Haww to do with weed.

Infact i bet him smoking marijuana even prolonged his life as it's also been proven to have effects on certain cancers spreading.

Shame his head was too fried to accept chemo as he would still be toking away today.
Was his head fried from weed?
Old 22 June 2018, 06:42 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Cannabis is already legal in the UK as long as it's less than 0.2% thc.
I've been using cbd oil as a tincher for months now which calms down my tinnitus.
The main reason all cannabis products are not available is due to the rip off CHEMICAL producing company's would lose too much money imo.
If the government had any sense they would be running the NHS and more from the taxation on legalisation!
Old 22 June 2018, 06:47 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Yes for medical use.

But NOT on NHS subsidised prescription! (I.e you pay for it regardless of if you are eligible for free prescription or not).

Last edited by ALi-B; 22 June 2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 22 June 2018, 06:57 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Absolutely,not subsidised by the NHS!
But if taken a step further than medical cannabis...ie legalised for recreational use AND taxed then I'm confident it would go a long way in helping pay for our health service.
Old 22 June 2018, 07:00 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Was his head fried from weed?
Doesnt happen thats more BS stewed up by folk who have very little experiance of it.

Its not like it damages your brain the way alchohol affects the liver.

Head would already have been screwed if you ask me.

Guy dies from Cancer yet its because he smoked cannabis ? Has to be the most twisted conclusion ive read in a while.

Or am i misunderstanding this and the voices told him to keep smoking.....
Old 22 June 2018, 07:02 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Cannabis is already legal in the UK as long as it's less than 0.2% thc.
I've been using cbd oil as a tincher for months now which calms down my tinnitus.
The main reason all cannabis products are not available is due to the rip off CHEMICAL producing company's would lose too much money imo.
If the government had any sense they would be running the NHS and more from the taxation on legalisation!
All the companies making/selling would be "off shore" so no Tax to the UK Plc.
Old 22 June 2018, 07:04 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

All the companies making/selling would be "off shore" so no Tax to the UK Plc.
i and thousands of others would happily pay for a licence to grow my own tho.

https://progrss.com/policy/20180617/weed-tax-denver/

how many millions ???

247 milliin dollars in 1 year
Old 22 June 2018, 07:08 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/10/colorado-pot-sales-2017-border-towns/

Billions to the economy

With a "B"
Old 22 June 2018, 07:09 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Doesnt happen thats more BS stewed up by folk who have very little experiance of it.

Its not like it damages your brain the way alchohol affects the liver.

Head would already have been screwed if you ask me.

Guy dies from Cancer yet its because he smoked cannabis ? Has to be the most twisted conclusion ive read in a while.

Or am i misunderstanding this and the voices told him to keep smoking.....
Sadly having engaged with cannabis users being treated for psychosis I speak from experience.

The NHS as a tidal wave of Cannaboid related patients hitting the beaches. I agree with the use of medical cannabis products but the utopian image of normalised use is very different in reality.
Old 22 June 2018, 07:14 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Sadly having engaged with cannabis users being treated for psychosis I speak from experience.

The NHS as a tidal wave of Cannaboid related patients hitting the beaches. I agree with the use of medical cannabis products but the utopian image of normalised use is very different in reality.
kind of folk who get ptsd from a fart.

always gona get fruit loops in society.

Have to let folk be responsible for themselves.

some just are not and thats unfortunate
Old 22 June 2018, 07:23 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

i and thousands of others would happily pay for a licence to grow my own tho.

https://progrss.com/policy/20180617/weed-tax-denver/

how many millions ???

247 milliin dollars in 1 year
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/10/colorado-pot-sales-2017-border-towns/

Billions to the economy

With a "B"
Exactly

Legalise it and grow it in the UK so all the tax would stay ON shore.
Old 22 June 2018, 07:40 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Its not all good:

If you're not used to it, you may feel faint or sick
It can make you sleepy and lethargic
It can affect your memory
It makes some people feel confused, anxious or paranoid, and some experience panic attacks and hallucinations
It interferes with your ability to drive
If you use cannabis regularly, it can make you demotivated and uninterested in other things going on in your life, such as education or work.

Long-term use can affect your ability to learn and concentrate.

And you can become addicted.
About 10% of regular cannabis users become dependent on it. Your risk of getting addicted is higher if you start using it in your teens or use it every day.

As with other addictive drugs, such as cocaine and heroin, you can develop a tolerance to cannabis. This means you need more to get the same effect.

If you stop using it, you may get withdrawal symptoms, such as cravings, difficulty sleeping, mood swings, irritability and restlessness.

If you smoke cannabis with tobacco, you're likely to get addicted to nicotine and risk getting tobacco-related diseases such as cancer and coronary heart disease.

If you cut down or give up, you will experience withdrawal from nicotine as well as cannabis.

Only 6-7% of the population admit to using cannabis which means the vast majority steer clear of it.

So there is no need to legalise it. The tax benefits are negligible as the cannabis users will not buy from shops, they will continue to buy from their current supplier where they will get it a lot cheaper (and tax free)
Old 22 June 2018, 07:42 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

kind of folk who get ptsd from a fart.

always gona get fruit loops in society.

Have to let folk be responsible for themselves.

some just are not and thats unfortunate
I am afraid you are being plain ignorant of the medical facts and risks. I smoked it for 10 years daily/heavily so i'm not someone with no experience of it and knowing how it makes you I am against it being legalised. If you want to obtain it illegally that's fine but but to say to youngsters when you are old enough smoking cannabis is now all fine and you can go and do it without issue is not something I will encourage.

As for it not being addictive lol yes it is. As you say you smoke it daily try going cold turkey for a month and see how you feel.

Giving up the weed was far harder than quitting smoking ciggies. I went cold turkey on the weed and the first 2 weeks were hell after 10 years of having it every day, sleeping was especially difficult. I quit smoking a year later and that was easy, screwed up the last pack chucked them in the bin and never looked back and didn't miss them one bit.
Old 22 June 2018, 07:43 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

+1
Old 22 June 2018, 08:06 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
I am afraid you are being plain ignorant of the medical facts and risks. I smoked it for 10 years daily/heavily so i'm not someone with no experience of it and knowing how it makes you I am against it being legalised. If you want to obtain it illegally that's fine but but to say to youngsters when you are old enough smoking cannabis is now all fine and you can go and do it without issue is not something I will encourage.

As for it not being addictive lol yes it is. As you say you smoke it daily try going cold turkey for a month and see how you feel.

Giving up the weed was far harder than quitting smoking ciggies. I went cold turkey on the weed and the first 2 weeks were hell after 10 years of having it every day, sleeping was especially difficult. I quit smoking a year later and that was easy, screwed up the last pack chucked them in the bin and never looked back and didn't miss them one bit.
daily until i go on holiday for around 2-3 weeks "cold turkey"

are u sure u smoked weed ?

Best thing about not smoking it for 3 weeks.

when i did smoke it again it felt like 1st time all over again

youngsters drink alchohol tho i think your the one being ignorant.

to say it demotivates you is BS too must just have been lazy and needed an excuse.

when i was young it was easier to get weed than booze because its not in shops. I bet its the same today.

you think a pot dealer asks for ID ?
Old 22 June 2018, 08:17 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
Its not all good:

If you're not used to it, you may feel faint or sick
It can make you sleepy and lethargic
It can affect your memory
It makes some people feel confused, anxious or paranoid, and some experience panic attacks and hallucinations
It interferes with your ability to drive
If you use cannabis regularly, it can make you demotivated and uninterested in other things going on in your life, such as education or work.

Long-term use can affect your ability to learn and concentrate.

And you can become addicted.
About 10% of regular cannabis users become dependent on it. Your risk of getting addicted is higher if you start using it in your teens or use it every day.

As with other addictive drugs, such as cocaine and heroin, you can develop a tolerance to cannabis. This means you need more to get the same effect.

If you stop using it, you may get withdrawal symptoms, such as cravings, difficulty sleeping, mood swings, irritability and restlessness.

If you smoke cannabis with tobacco, you're likely to get addicted to nicotine and risk getting tobacco-related diseases such as cancer and coronary heart disease.

If you cut down or give up, you will experience withdrawal from nicotine as well as cannabis.

Only 6-7% of the population admit to using cannabis which means the vast majority steer clear of it.

So there is no need to legalise it. The tax benefits are negligible as the cannabis users will not buy from shops, they will continue to buy from their current supplier where they will get it a lot cheaper (and tax free)
tobacco is far more addictive than cannabis

far more harmful too

if it makes u demotivated u were already lazy and just needed an excuse.

i wish i could haluccinate on cannabis that is BS too

6-7% is quite a lot

If it were legal the quality would be farrr better and proper budd enthusiasts would pay far more for less from a shop.

currently u get poor grade cannabis grown badly with chemicals and even sprayed with chemicals to add weight and make it appear better.

It is an entire industry

grow shops already make a fortune do you think thats all for indoor tomatoes ?

if legal it would equal the alchohol industry within a decade
Old 22 June 2018, 08:31 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Well - I'm only going on what the experts say. And experts eh? - what do they know! lol

The people who deal and grow cannabis for the mass markets will not want to go out of business if its legalised - so they will sell it cheaper. And people who use it will buy it from them.

How many chain smokers still buy cigarettes from shops? - hardly any as they all buy it from *** houses on the estates. Illegally imported and poor grade cigarettes. The same will happen with cannabis.

This will make more people addicted - as its freely and legally available to start off - and once addicted, they will find a cheaper source.

And the tax payer and the NHS will have to pick up the pieces

So, no - it should not be legalised.
Old 22 June 2018, 08:42 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

The last 2 replies by SmurfyBhoy are spot on.
From experience I'm more motivated and less stressed,In fact the pain I suffer is far less when I'm using cannabis,both cannabis oil and smoking the odd joint does me the world of good,also can go for weeks/months without and no cold turkey here!
Old 22 June 2018, 08:50 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Loads more get their nicotine hit from legal than illegal.
Loads more vaping so making their own.
You will always get people buying cheap homebrew but the masses will always buy the quality.
Old 22 June 2018, 09:05 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

daily until i go on holiday for around 2-3 weeks "cold turkey"

are u sure u smoked weed ?

Best thing about not smoking it for 3 weeks.

when i did smoke it again it felt like 1st time all over again

youngsters drink alchohol tho i think your the one being ignorant.

to say it demotivates you is BS too must just have been lazy and needed an excuse.

when i was young it was easier to get weed than booze because its not in shops. I bet its the same today.

you think a pot dealer asks for ID ?
sounds like you're the one who's been smoking weak grass as it's having no effect on you. You should change your dealer.

There's good reason they wanted to reclassify skunk and super skunk. But no you know more than the scientists and experts and deny it has any of the side effects it's been well known to cause and and been joked about for decades such as demotivation. Next you're be saying it doesn't give you the munchies either

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 22 June 2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 22 June 2018, 09:24 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
sounds like you're the one who's been smoking weak grass as it's having no effect on you. You should change your dealer.

There's good reason they wanted to reclassify skunk and super skunk. But no you know more than the scientists and experts and deny it has any of the side effects it's been well known to cause and and been joked about for decades such as demotivation. Next you're be saying it doesn't give you the munchies either
actually i like to dab BHO which is concentrated thc so cant really get much stronger

quite complicated to make using gas etc which is why it should be legalised i know of 3 houses blown up in process of this.

also read it was a potential cause for grenfell fire which may not be true.

skunk is just budd

superskunk is actually a strain on its own

there are others some up to 25% thc if grown properly which is actually quite expensive.

infact the most expensive is straight from the legal places in the oem packaging

u can get different strains same way dogs have breeds

things have moved on a bit from the old temple ball has u prob used to pipe in the 80s

Last edited by SmurfyBhoy; 22 June 2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 22 June 2018, 09:37 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

https://www.leafly.com/indica/super-skunk

so to say "superskunk" should be reclassified your sayin ooo we must reclassify smirnoff vodka as it is 40% alchohol

when there is other brand ofvodka out there higher and lower

as well as beer 5% (hashish)

and absinth 80% (concentrates)
Old 22 June 2018, 09:54 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

You're trying to tell me about weed

I didn't say it should be reclassified I said they meaning the Government They wanted it reclassified years ago because of the very strong strains you mention which they wanted to be class A due to the strength and side effects.

I'm not for having it reclassified i'm just of the opinion having been a heavy user for a decade it shouldn't be made legal.

The thread was to give opinions and sensible debate on the pros and cons but of course this being scoobynet what was I thinking

Quick Reply: Cannabis legalisation - yes or no