Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Eco-kettle

Old 19 June 2018, 12:05 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Eco-kettle

I seem to have one.

It's a standard Sainsbury lime green one, and works fine.

Except that it no longer makes any noise when boiling. Which is odd.

Perhaps it's happy now converting my leccy into heat and kinetic energy and not wasting it as sound? Or maybe French leccy is better than UK leccy?

Old 19 June 2018, 12:22 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just replaced my 5 pound kettle , which iv had several years ,for another 5 pound kettle
Old 19 June 2018, 12:24 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

May stop playing God Save the Queen or Jerusalem at full blast on your record player and you'll be able to hear it again!

Interesting that you buy a kettle in the UK and take it to France rather than buying one there and contributing to the local economy

Tell me again why the French are so happy that you inflate their property prices?
Old 19 June 2018, 12:30 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

eco lol

these probably same folk who buy hybrids / die sels thinking theyre saving
Old 19 June 2018, 03:37 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
May stop playing God Save the Queen or Jerusalem at full blast on your record player and you'll be able to hear it again!

You've lost me? Or are you trying to say I'm a little Englander?

Interesting that you buy a kettle in the UK and take it to France rather than buying one there and contributing to the local economy

Well, quite apart from it being none of your freaking business, it was the old one from home when she fell out with the colour...and sixteen years ago, kettles were pretty rare in France.
As far as supporting the local economy goes, €234+ per MONTH in taxes and insurance, and that's before I've bought any food, (local), fuel, firewood, paid for my bins to be emptied, paid for my water, leccy, gas, etc etc.
In October we have a French builder coming to re-roof the older part of the house.

Tell me again why the French are so happy that you inflate their property prices?

Inflate their property prices? LOL Just shows the shallow depth of your knowledge of rural France. If I hadn't bought this place, or some other English/Dutch person, the old guy's pension pot would have been much slimmer. So I guess he's pretty pleased. The local shopkeepers seem to be, and the locals DO NOT BUY old property in need of doing up. They want new build or ones that conform to all the new electrical/plumbing/insulation/damp-proofing norms. Not a 300 year old stone built ex farm house. But they DO want to offload their older houses...which is where I came in.

Stop being so awkward and trying to score off me just because you lost...LOL

Search this Thread