Tommy Robinson

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2018, 03:34 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tommy Robinson

What's all this stuff about then?

Being outside of from the UK, I'm kind of in the dark (even moreso, because murica) but I understand that he was outside the court where some paedo's were on trial - they happen to be muslim in the majority and he happens to be a giant racist. They are, no doubt, human scum. Not due to being Muslim but due to the kiddy fiddling.

I understand Tommy Robinson was arrested for a breach of the peace but people are saying he was doing nothing? (Worrying if true.) Also there is some kind of media blackout, some are saying that this was government ordered?

Whatta gwan?
Old 29 May 2018, 03:42 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Jailed for contempt of court, thats the long and short of it..
Old 29 May 2018, 03:51 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
Jailed for contempt of court, thats the long and short of it..
ok, did he break a court order to not report on proceedings or something - it seems to be very difficult to get the truth of it here, as the right wingers and deep state conspiracists are pumping out so much fake news it's drowning out anything real.

I understood he was already on probation or something (from the mortgage fraud charges?) and this breached that, hence jail?
Old 29 May 2018, 03:56 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Former English Defence League (EDL) leader Tommy Robinson has been jailed for potentially prejudicing a court case, it can be reported.

Robinson, who appeared in the dock under real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was arrested in Leeds on Friday.

The 35-year-old was broadcasting on social media outside the city's crown court where a trial was ongoing.

A ban on reporting his 13-month sentence at the same court was lifted after being challenged by the media.

Robinson was livestreaming via his Facebook page when he was arrested for a suspected breach of the peace outside the court.

Judge Geoffrey Marson QC initially imposed restrictions for fear that reporting his arrest would prejudice an ongoing trial.

Robinson was already subject to a suspended sentence for a contempt charge related to a separate case in Canterbury.

At the earlier sentencing hearing, the judge warned him he should expect to go to prison if he committed further offences.
Old 29 May 2018, 04:03 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
Former English Defence League (EDL) leader Tommy Robinson has been jailed for potentially prejudicing a court case, it can be reported.

Robinson, who appeared in the dock under real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was arrested in Leeds on Friday.

The 35-year-old was broadcasting on social media outside the city's crown court where a trial was ongoing.

A ban on reporting his 13-month sentence at the same court was lifted after being challenged by the media.

Robinson was livestreaming via his Facebook page when he was arrested for a suspected breach of the peace outside the court.

Judge Geoffrey Marson QC initially imposed restrictions for fear that reporting his arrest would prejudice an ongoing trial.

Robinson was already subject to a suspended sentence for a contempt charge related to a separate case in Canterbury.

At the earlier sentencing hearing, the judge warned him he should expect to go to prison if he committed further offences.
There you go - it's amazing how people are twisting this online, making it into some kind of massive cover up conspiracy.

Basically this chap was being a d1ck, again. Reaped the rewards of said d1ckery.

Thanks, Banny.
Old 29 May 2018, 04:45 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

He's a grade A ****, but i do question this. He didn't seem to be doing too much wrong in the parts of the video i saw so im not sure who its contempt of court?
Old 29 May 2018, 05:06 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
He didn't seem to be doing too much wrong in the parts of the video i saw so im not sure who its contempt of court?
yeah, seems to be a bit of conflicting stories on that bit!
Old 29 May 2018, 06:41 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

He knew he wasn't supposed to do it as in beginning of video, but still did it and says what have I done wrong, there's no reasoning with the man! Suppose his back handed payments from the Jew will be suspended for now.
The poor victims of the trail is what the restriction is for and he could of damaged that, but he don't care about that does he, he wants to just do his own agenda.
1st class idiot imo. And all the people that actually get taken by his manipulative attitude really questions how naive and uneducated our people are!
Old 29 May 2018, 06:43 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

He's a grade A ****, but i do question this. He didn't seem to be doing too much wrong in the parts of the video i saw so im not sure who its contempt of court?

The judge had warned him then he should expect to go to prison if he committed further offences.
Old 29 May 2018, 06:44 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
He knew he wasn't supposed to do it as in beginning of video, but still did it and says what have I done wrong, there's no reasoning with the man! Suppose his back handed payments from the Jew will be suspended for now.
The poor victims of the trail is what the restriction is for and he could of damaged that, but he don't care about that does he, he wants to just do his own agenda.
1st class idiot imo. And all the people that actually get taken by his manipulative attitude really questions how naive and uneducated our people are!
^^^^^^^^ Like.
Old 29 May 2018, 06:51 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs

o dont get me wrong, hes a proper bell end.

But how is what he did any different to reporters in celeb cases?
Old 29 May 2018, 07:00 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

o dont get me wrong, hes a proper bell end.

But how is what he did any different to reporters in celeb cases?
"Contempt of court is the crime of ignoring the court and its constitutional role in making sure that justice is done.

Robinson was convicted of contempt for interfering with a trial in Canterbury.
His attempts to film defendants on that occasion could, the judge said, have "prejudiced" the jury, leading to an unfair verdict - and he was warned he'd go to jail if he did anything remotely similar again.

Why couldn't we initially report Robinson's arrest and jailing? Reporting restrictions are a long-standing part of the British legal system. In this case, the judge ordered a temporary media black-out because he feared reporting Robinson's conviction could influence the jury in the very case Robinson was targeting.

This is not some new form of censorship directed at Robinson. These are rules that apply to us all, equally. If he is unsure about that, he's now got time on his hands to read a copy of Essential Law for Journalists."
BBC

Contempt of court has a significant impact on journalism in the form of restrictions on court reporting which are set out in statute in the UK.If a court order is in place then celebs have the same right to restrictive reporting. Not all celeb stuff is "open source". There used to be a "D Notice" used by Government many years ago to censor loads of stuff or "In Camera". Generally, in-camera describes court cases, parts of it, or process where the public and press are not allowed to observe the procedure or process.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 29 May 2018 at 07:07 PM.
Old 29 May 2018, 07:25 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

no no your missing the point, i get why he was locked up.

What im saying is why is there double standards with this and cases involving celebs, the bbc was involved in the raid on cliff richards house ffs
Old 29 May 2018, 08:04 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Robinson was convicted of contempt for interfering with a trial in Canterbury.
His attempts to film defendants on that occasion could, the judge said, have "prejudiced" the jury, leading to an unfair verdict - and he was warned he'd go to jail if he did anything remotely similar again.

Why couldn't we initially report Robinson's arrest and jailing? Reporting restrictions are a long-standing part of the British legal system. In this case, the judge ordered a temporary media black-out because he feared reporting Robinson's conviction could influence the jury in the very case Robinson was targeting.
Makes sense.

I keep seeing things popping up on my feed, from British people, saying that he is being silenced and he is standing up for British rights and standards. Personally I just thought he was an founding ex EDL thug who is using this case as cover for his own racist angles.

Then I am seeing even more worrying stuff over here from southern nutcases who say that the UK is being overrun and the Muslims are taking control, and that the UK government don't people to be heard telling 'the truth' - whatever the f@ck that means.

It seems that this is different to celebs being reported on as it's to protect victims of paedophilia, not someone who banged a hooker and didn't want their image tarnished but I get that the principal can be the same, I guess. Then again, have there been many celebs who have been reported on after a court order?
Old 29 May 2018, 08:26 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's an interesting character for sure. Is he a racist? Perhaps he is but not your normal kind. He lauds the positive contribution of many sections of the immigrant population and he does so without reservation. He is also against any kind of homophobia or anti semitism.

His issue is specifically with the religion of Islam and how it is interpreted by millions of people across the UK elsewhere.

He feels that Islam, as it is interpreted by many, is incompatible with UK values. As uncomfortable as many people find that topic it does resonate with many.

As I said, I've always found him an 'interesting' character. He is not your usual knuckle dragging racist/xenophobic, homophobic misogynist

Last edited by Dingdongler; 29 May 2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 29 May 2018, 08:37 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
He's an interesting character for sure. Is he a racist? Perhaps he is but not your normal kind. He lauds the positive contribution of many sections of the immigrant population and he does so without reservation. He is also against any kind of homophobia or anti semitism.

His issue is specifically with the religion of Islam and how it is interpreted by millions of people across the UK elsewhere.

He feels that Islam, as it is interpreted by many, is incompatible with UK values. As uncomfortable as many people find that topic it does resonate with many.

As I said, I've always found him an 'interesting' character. He is not your usual knuckle dragging racist/xenophobic, homophobic misogynist
I think he is just repackaging it very carefully and he is clearly a smart chap. There seem to be a lot of people doing a lot of work to create an intolerant society.

A lot of it seems to stem from the disillusioned middle aged white man who was promised a whole bunch of things and now sees that he is not getting those things and is lashing out at all those he deems are the enemy, as they receive preferential treatment, in his eyes.

Sure, in a way we have created this world where a lot of promises were made and then broken - people don't know how to deal with that and need to find someone to blame.

All imho, of course!!
Old 29 May 2018, 08:44 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Torquemada
I think he is just repackaging it very carefully and he is clearly a smart chap. There seem to be a lot of people doing a lot of work to create an intolerant society.

A lot of it seems to stem from the disillusioned middle aged white man who was promised a whole bunch of things and now sees that he is not getting those things and is lashing out at all those he deems are the enemy, as they receive preferential treatment, in his eyes.

Sure, in a way we have created this world where a lot of promises were made and then broken - people don't know how to deal with that and need to find someone to blame.

All imho, of course!!

There is of course some truth in what you say but perhaps his arguments need to be examined more closely and its easy to just label him a mental racist
Old 29 May 2018, 08:46 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So its just muzzies he doesnt like nowadays is it , lol

cant keep away from social medias obviously

Last edited by dpb; 29 May 2018 at 08:47 PM.
Old 29 May 2018, 08:51 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
So its just muzzies he doesnt like nowadays is it , lol

cant keep away from social medias obviously

Sorry but that's a lazy response. He brings up some serious questions about integration in 21st century UK.

Last edited by Dingdongler; 29 May 2018 at 08:54 PM.
Old 29 May 2018, 08:55 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

There is of course some truth in what you say but perhaps his arguments need to be examined more closely and its easy to just label him a mental racist
It is easy to do that - you are right. Maybe that's my own prejudice at work.

Personally, it is my opinion that he is a racist - I may be wrong and there may be proof otherwise. It's just the feeling I get and I am happy to say that this is only my opinion and not a fact.

I feel like his arguments are cleverly structured to recruit those who feel that it is easier to have a kind of alliance to Pegida (who, to me, have an almost aryan brotherhood type of feel to them, but focussed on Islam) than to just go out and declare oneself a Neo-****. Acceptable racism, packaged as Nationalism or Patriotism.

People are saying that they are afraid that the Muslim's are taking over. I don't see it. More freedom of movement and ability to travel more cheaply means we see more people of all faiths and there just happens to be a sh1tload of Muslims in the world.

And there are a bunch of radicalised Christians and Muslims out there so it's a bit messy and some people are happy to kill each other over such things - so stuff is getting a little blown out of proportion, I feel. Islam is not about to take over the west, but some people (on both sides) would like you to think they are.
Old 29 May 2018, 09:02 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

He brings up some serious questions about integration in 21st century UK.
what serious questions?
Old 29 May 2018, 09:13 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
what serious questions?

Really?

The influence of Wahhabism for example. Will a woman covered head to foot and peering through a slit ever be able to work or integrate in this country?

This is not just subjective, it can be measured.

Last edited by Dingdongler; 29 May 2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 29 May 2018, 09:23 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

"it can be measured."

sure

fvcktardness is ****tardness - irrespective of race/religion

the influence of Catholism means young boys are buggered, being a cvnt is not the sole prerogative of a muslim, yet he seems to concentrate on them
Old 29 May 2018, 09:23 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what serious questions?
a percentage of the people he moans about are themselves racist as they hate us the domicile white race, he on the other hand cannot and should not be labled racist, look up the word in the oxford english people before you use it, if he is anything he is a antifaithist or anti religeonist, as muslims are not a race of people but a faith

Last edited by madscoob; 29 May 2018 at 09:25 PM.
Old 29 May 2018, 09:26 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 29 May 2018, 09:30 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
a percentage of the people he moans about are themselves racist as they hate us the domicile white race, he on the other hand cannot and should not be labled racist, look up the word in the oxford english people before you use it, if he is anything he is a antifaithist or anti religeonist, as muslims are not a race of people but a faith
"domicile white race" - tick

thanks
Old 29 May 2018, 09:35 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Really?

The influence of Wahhabism for example. Will a woman covered head to foot and peering through a slit ever be able to work or integrate in this country?

This is not just subjective, it can be measured.
They want a complete ban on people coming in from Muslim Countries, though. This doesn't really show that they want rational discourse about how to live together or solve any problems in a real sense - it's more of a "f@ck off back to your own country" kinda thing.

Sure, someone dressed in something that completely hides you is not really going to work so well for most - but I haven't seen a drive for peaceful acceptable integration or finding compromises so that people can live together as being something offered by this group.

I accept that thought, discussion and work needs to be put in to make Europe (and the world) be a better place to live in for all. I don't see that happening through this group.
Old 29 May 2018, 09:37 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"domicile white race" - tick

thanks
i only used those words to highlight the word RACE we are a race they on the other hand are followers of a FAITH and come from a multitude of countries i personally have no faith but prefer ethics and morals and attitude towards our traditional way of live which is slowly being changed, some of us embrace change others dont, deal with it
Old 29 May 2018, 09:38 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
Well, that's not quite true - he rebranded himself as such, to garner a better reputation. Still a racist with a good mind for PR.
Old 29 May 2018, 09:43 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

"it can be measured."

sure

fvcktardness is ****tardness - irrespective of race/religion

the influence of Catholism means young boys are buggered, being a cvnt is not the sole prerogative of a muslim, yet he seems to concentrate on them

You've brought up paedophilia which I never mentioned.

You haven't answered the question about integration which I asked. Can a woman dressed head to toe in black looking through a slit and unwilling to shake hands with a man play a useful part in UK society?

Last edited by Dingdongler; 29 May 2018 at 09:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Tommy Robinson