Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

amazon

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2018, 01:48 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Question amazon

Do you get a choice on delivery co. when using prime ? , Is it my fault for choosing cheap to have contend with deducing where herpes 'delivery' man decides drop off package on any particular day

Twice in 3 days hes decided he'll drop off at 'another' number 8 in my road ( the other one is in a Named block flats 1-14) . This time he didnt even bother stop for a sig,
Old 06 February 2018, 02:37 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
Do you get a choice on delivery co. when using prime ? , Is it my fault for choosing cheap to have contend with deducing where herpes 'delivery' man decides drop off package on any particular day

Twice in 3 days hes decided he'll drop off at 'another' number 8 in my road ( the other one is in a Named block flats 1-14) . This time he didnt even bother stop for a sig,
I don't know if it's different in the UK but we don't seem to get an option here - UPS delivers and sometimes they put the packages out in the rain (we have a sheltered porch, though) or at completely different houses.

Once, they delivered, took a picture of the delivery and parcel location and it was clearly not our porch they had left it on.

The depths of human stupidity never cease to amaze - we just laugh now, get a refund or get the stuff redelivered - sometimes both.
Old 06 February 2018, 07:30 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Nope, you are stuck with whoever they use. With us it varies between DPD and owner/operators.

If your address is really that obscure, you can alter it and put some instructions in the second line. Or use click and collect, failing that get it delivered to where you work

(or put a bigger name plate on your house ).

Last edited by ALi-B; 06 February 2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07 February 2018, 07:55 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Have dhl work deliveries , to house as well ( I work in basement ) .
They never muck up even when there's an intern

or any rest them.

If you get 5p for a delivery I suppose you don't care much
Old 09 February 2018, 12:50 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use prime frequently and it's usually an independent courier who delivers. If using free next day delivery it's worth noting that an order can be delivered as late as 8pm which means I can't send prime deliveries to work in case it arrives after 4:30 pm (when work stops accepting deliveries).

Also worth noting is that when prime deliveries are put through my letter box I get a photo of the package being pushed through the letter box as confirmation it has been delivered.

There are a range of delivery options available with prime, included nominated days, standard delivery, next day delivery, same day delivery (on some eligible items), or delivery to Amazon lockers (which sounds your best bet if couriers struggle to find you).

I only took up Amazon Prime because Amazon cancelled Lovefilm, but for the £7.99 a month I think it's great ... next day delivery, amazon prime music (which has some decent albums available), amazon prime video, amazon prime reading (which includes magazines). I'm certainly getting value for money on prime.

Last edited by Jonnys3; 09 February 2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09 February 2018, 12:58 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

I ordered something yesterday , only cos cant get it locally ( at all)

but this time changed address to one them lock up self service kiosk things , outside Morries