Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

C of E and tiaras

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2017, 10:32 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default C of E and tiaras

TBH the moment I heard it on the news I thought the Church of England have lost the plot. And as a previous follower, Jedi for me from now on. As long as they aren't into cross dressing kids too.

They have lost my 49 year membership in one mental press release
Old 13 November 2017, 10:47 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The hypocracy is astonishing.
Old 13 November 2017, 10:51 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

C of E spin off from Catholic Church.
Old 14 November 2017, 11:35 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Care to elaborate for those of us not in the UK?
Old 14 November 2017, 11:44 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The CofE has come out agaisnys sterotyping children male or female.

Can't disagree, really. Little kids need to be able to dress up and pretend to be whatever they want...which is what they are saying.

Just unsure that guys wearing cassocks are a good role model?
Old 14 November 2017, 12:15 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The C of E blames an 'anti Christian' culture for its falling attendances yet this has nothing to do with it. The church has been poorly led for years by bishops and archbishops who are unimpressive to say the least. Now to hasten its eventual demise the Archbishop of Canterbury has supported recommendations that your boy should be allowed to go to school in high heels, a tutu and tiara if that's what he wants to wear. It's apparently a transgender issue and it should stop the bullies dead in their tracks.

The transgender kids must have all gone somewhere else when I was at school. I never once heard anyone suggest that they might be a girl in a boy's body. A smack round the ear would have put paid to such nonsense had it arisen and I suspect a similar course of action in these 'enlightened times' would lay all this transgender bollox to rest quite quickly.
Old 14 November 2017, 12:22 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Care to elaborate for those of us not in the UK?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_England
Old 14 November 2017, 12:22 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Paben
The C of E blames an 'anti Christian' culture for its falling attendances yet this has nothing to do with it. The church has been poorly led for years by bishops and archbishops who are unimpressive to say the least. Now to hasten its eventual demise the Archbishop of Canterbury has supported recommendations that your boy should be allowed to go to school in high heels, a tutu and tiara if that's what he wants to wear. It's apparently a transgender issue and it should stop the bullies dead in their tracks.

The transgender kids must have all gone somewhere else when I was at school. I never once heard anyone suggest that they might be a girl in a boy's body. A smack round the ear would have put paid to such nonsense had it arisen and I suspect a similar course of action in these 'enlightened times' would lay all this transgender bollox to rest quite quickly.
Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transgender
Queer
Intersex
Non Binary

You takes your pick.
Old 16 November 2017, 07:28 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paben

^^^^^ This ^^^^^