No - I'm proving you wrong!
Old 16 September 2017, 02:01 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
This^^^^

Never fails does it...."No-one available, sir..."

Yet there's seemingly always someone to sit behind a camera........
The ones who 'sit behind the camera' tend to be civilians.
And what about nights shifts when there are no camera vans about - we still run out of cops. There are not enough of us to cope with the number of jobs coming in. Cuts have consequences.

And when do we run away from danger - did we do that at Westminster?
Old 16 September 2017, 12:47 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix.
The ones who 'sit behind the camera' tend to be civilians.
"Tend to be"? But not all are, are they?

And what about nights shifts when there are no camera vans about - we still run out of cops. There are not enough of us to cope with the number of jobs coming in. Cuts have consequences.
Seen 'em at night. And yes, cuts have consequences, we all no that. So prioritise: go after crimes that hurt people, not those that MIGHT.

And when do we run away from danger - did we do that at Westminster?
No, on that occasion, the officers didn't.

But what of those who refused to attend a village where a man was threatening people with a high powered bow, because there were no ARV's available? About ten years back?

And what of your utter fear of travellers? Muahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 17 September 2017, 12:47 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Seen 'em at night. And yes, cuts have consequences, we all no that. So prioritise: go after crimes that hurt people, not those that MIGHT.

But what of those who refused to attend a village where a man was threatening people with a high powered bow, because there were no ARV's available? About ten years back?

Shhh he must be sleeping on duty or planning his next falsified conviction.
Old 17 September 2017, 03:06 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1509joe
Shhh he must be sleeping on duty or planning his next falsified conviction.
No working - 1300-0200 shift today

Shop theft where he went on a spree around the town stealing from several different stores and threatened someone with a knife - interview and processed.
In the middle of that one, another theft (as no other cop was free) so off i went to that one.
then an assault around the town centre
High value theft from a home
High risk missing from home
Escaped person with mental health issues.

So, no - no time for sleeping (or eating for that matter) here I am winding down with a coffee and a sandwich at 0300 hours chatting to you nice folks.

And why do you make comment of 'my next falsified conviction'? Are you suggesting that I lie and make falsified convictions or statements? Before you slander me further, can you show that I have done anything like this before? Or is this another one of your statements made without any substance.
Old 17 September 2017, 03:16 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

As far as I know they are, unless you have someone in there who is injured and can not be on the front line.

OK - Saturday night, town centre is full of people that hurt one another and usually do so at some point. So we should all just hang around there on foot then should we. Who is left to deal with the domestics, missing from homes, sudden deaths, mental health problems, fights in the estates, burglaries, suspicious incidents, thefts etc etc

If your argument is heading towards "you spend too much time on speeders"; its usually is about 1% of the public's contact with police

You'll have to give me the quote for that incident, I can't recall it. But if you have to dig back 10 years ago to find an example, we can't be that bad.

And who is frightened of travelers? Worked with them for years in our area and I deal with them the same as any other person from the community.

Last edited by Felix.; 17 September 2017 at 03:23 AM.
Old 17 September 2017, 01:11 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Of COURSE you do......LOL

Meanwhile, every other copper I've ever seen is scared stiff of them. Literally.
Old 17 September 2017, 01:59 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Of COURSE you do......LOL
Whats that supposed to mean? Is this another implication that I'm lying?

We have 3 main traveller sites where we are and all are happy to work with their communities and police. Result, everyone happy.
Anyone breaking the law is dealt with in the same manner that others are in the community. None of them stop us doing our job so why would we be scared?

The main job we get for traveller sites is that one of their horses has come loose, quick knock on a few doors and hey presto. They also have given us a hand dragging stolen cars out of ditches etc

Last edited by Felix.; 17 September 2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 17 September 2017, 02:10 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

We have 3 main traveller sites where we are and all are happy to work with their communities and police. Result, everyone happy.
Anyone breaking the law is dealt with in the same manner that others are in the community. None of them stop us doing our job so why would we be scared?

The main job we get for traveller sites is that one of their horses has come loose, quick knock on a few doors and hey presto. They also have given us a hand dragging stolen cars out of ditches etc

I think I know this place, is one of the sites Dale Farm?
Old 17 September 2017, 07:35 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

As far as I know they are, unless you have someone in there who is injured and can not be on the front line.

OK - Saturday night, town centre is full of people that hurt one another and usually do so at some point. So we should all just hang around there on foot then should we. Who is left to deal with the domestics, missing from homes, sudden deaths, mental health problems, fights in the estates, burglaries, suspicious incidents, thefts etc etc

If your argument is heading towards "you spend too much time on speeders"; its usually is about 1% of the public's contact with police

You'll have to give me the quote for that incident, I can't recall it. But if you have to dig back 10 years ago to find an example, we can't be that bad.

And who is frightened of travelers? Worked with them for years in our area and I deal with them the same as any other person from the community.
https://youtu.be/-T8y8aqNRkA
​​​​​
Old 18 September 2017, 03:25 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
I think I know this place, is one of the sites Dale Farm?
nope
Old 18 September 2017, 11:24 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

What's it supposed to mean?

What it DOES mean is that you must be the ONLY copper in the UK who treats travellers the same as the rest of us poor *******.

LOL

And as for horses coming loose being their main problem, jeez, where the fek do YOU live? Round here they will nick anything not welded down, and some stuff that is.
Old 18 September 2017, 11:35 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

So you are implying that I am lying.

Our entire team '...treats travellers the same as the rest of us poor *******...' And its the same for the other shifts as well

Where I come from most be quite decent area then, not full of racist narrow minded bigots who appear to blame all crime on travellers.
Old 18 September 2017, 12:20 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

When I was 15 me and my group of mates were hanging around outside our local shop asking people to buy us some cheap cider, we had a camp in the woods out of the way, that was the plan.
whilst waiting outside the shop the police pulled up and told us to move, so we respectfully started walking.
Then one of the coppers shouts "what did you say" I swear to this day I never said a word but he grabbed me with his mate put the cuffs on and shoved me in the back of his car, was abusive when I tried to argue my case and I was given a reprimand.

he said I was using foul language and made a remark about him personally.
I never said a damn thing????

​​​​​​I even got a slap round the head off my mam for having to come and pick me up.

About 10years ago I pulled my quad out of the shed and left it on the grass beside my house while I was cleaning my shed out, the police turn up on off road bikes, started checking the engine and frame numbers, I said to the copper "what you doing touching my quad" he said "what is your quad doing on a public road with no tax or mot or insurance" I told him I just pulled it out while I tidy the shed out but he wouldn't have it, he gave me a section 59????
it was on the grass beside my house, about 20ft from the road.
I had never ridden it on public roads only on a local legit Motorcross track.

What are your thoughts Felix?
Both incidents my fault entirely?

​​​​​​
Old 18 September 2017, 12:30 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Had my company car stolen at the weekend (sat night) - broke into house - only took the keys - nothing else.

We were away for the weekend, had the phone call from the neighbours Sunday lunchtime to say something was up - have to say the police in our case have been fantastic:

We got home - called 101

2 old school Policemen arrived with 30 mins - 2 really nice guys, obviously worked together, and had done for years - they had a look around the house, were sympathetic, enjoyed the Tea & Choccie biscuits the wife provided, chatted to me about the car/theft for prob an hour all whilst filling in their paperwork - they had a shout halfway through about a concerned member of the public with someone being abusive outside their front door, I told them to go and deal with & come back - which they did, came back 30mins later - very apologetic, and thankful that we let them go - they then offered some advice about home security, recounted a few 'stolen with keys' horror stories - TOP TIP - Don't have an Audi RS6 on your drive if you don;t want your entire house ransacked top to bottom!! So all in all a pleasant experience for what is was.

SOCO arrived - another very pleasant fellow - let my 14yr daughter watch what he did as she is interested in Forensics work - they lifted a Nike Airmax print from the kitchen floor - (scumbags fashion footwear of choice apparently). He too gave us advice, told us not to be too concerned, he'd seen some sights in his time & not to worry.

They told me the car was last seen on an ANPR camera at midnight leaving our small town into the conurbation. (these obviously log all passing cars - don't think I realised that)

Had another phone call this morning from another policeman saying ours was one of three cars stolen that night from our small town, they were investigating the link, had a suspicious car under investigation seen coming & going - he kept us informed, asked if there was anything else we needed, or any advice.

All in all, a smooth, professional ongoing experience - keep it up Felix.

Still don't think I'll see my car again - had a bit of a ballache getting to work, but we were lucky overall - Policeman said circa 20% chance of seeing it again - but I'd already ordered a new one last week - hahaha
Old 18 September 2017, 01:11 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
Had my company car stolen at the weekend (sat night) - broke into house - only took the keys - nothing else.

We were away for the weekend, had the phone call from the neighbours Sunday lunchtime to say something was up - have to say the police in our case have been fantastic:

We got home - called 101

2 old school Policemen arrived with 30 mins - 2 really nice guys, obviously worked together, and had done for years - they had a look around the house, were sympathetic, enjoyed the Tea & Choccie biscuits the wife provided, chatted to me about the car/theft for prob an hour all whilst filling in their paperwork - they had a shout halfway through about a concerned member of the public with someone being abusive outside their front door, I told them to go and deal with & come back - which they did, came back 30mins later - very apologetic, and thankful that we let them go - they then offered some advice about home security, recounted a few 'stolen with keys' horror stories - TOP TIP - Don't have an Audi RS6 on your drive if you don;t want your entire house ransacked top to bottom!! So all in all a pleasant experience for what is was.

SOCO arrived - another very pleasant fellow - let my 14yr daughter watch what he did as she is interested in Forensics work - they lifted a Nike Airmax print from the kitchen floor - (scumbags fashion footwear of choice apparently). He too gave us advice, told us not to be too concerned, he'd seen some sights in his time & not to worry.

They told me the car was last seen on an ANPR camera at midnight leaving our small town into the conurbation. (these obviously log all passing cars - don't think I realised that)

Had another phone call this morning from another policeman saying ours was one of three cars stolen that night from our small town, they were investigating the link, had a suspicious car under investigation seen coming & going - he kept us informed, asked if there was anything else we needed, or any advice.

All in all, a smooth, professional ongoing experience - keep it up Felix.

Still don't think I'll see my car again - had a bit of a ballache getting to work, but we were lucky overall - Policeman said circa 20% chance of seeing it again - but I'd already ordered a new one last week - hahaha
The trouble is the people who did it will be professional criminals and already well known to the police, will be on first name terms with the local coppers and generally get away with things that you or I would not get away with because they grass other criminals up, or because the police give them a bit of respect to get a bit of respect back. I've seen it first hand what some people get away with and it's scary.

Sorry for the situation you're in, it's not nice.
Hope you get sorted without too much hassle
Old 18 September 2017, 01:41 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by gazney101
The trouble is the people who did it will be professional criminals and already well known to the police, will be on first name terms with the local coppers and generally get away with things that you or I would not get away with because they grass other criminals up, or because the police give them a bit of respect to get a bit of respect back. I've seen it first hand what some people get away with and it's scary.

Sorry for the situation you're in, it's not nice.
Hope you get sorted without too much hassle
Sounds about right but of course it won't be
Old 18 September 2017, 02:59 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't say I've got much love for the Police after years of being singled out because of the colour of my skin by them... mind you it has got better over the last 10yrs or so so at least that's an improvement.

I think they do a difficult job under difficult circumstances and it's often very difficult for them to catch people in the act and then get them through the courts... especially when all parties are know to one another... intimidation is a powerful tool.

I wouldn't be a copper even if the pay was good... I earned more fitting new stereos and alarms etc to cars after thieves had taken them than the cops that had to wrestle them to the ground while they're holding a big screwdriver. bollocks to that.

And have you smelt some of the fleabags they have to deal with.

At the end of the day there are *** holes in all walks of life... no reason for the Police to be any different.... I've met a few decent ones over the years... so they're not all bad.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 18 September 2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 18 September 2017, 03:07 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Our entire team '...treats travellers the same as the rest of us poor *******...' And its the same for the other shifts as well

Where I come from most be quite decent area then, not full of racist narrow minded bigots who appear to blame all crime on travellers.
You, your team or your force must be different to Humberside Poilce then. Travellers are near on untouchable around here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-36516459

Many other examples like it.

I'm pretty sure if I decided to move on to a school field, throw my rubbish all over, make piles of rubble from the cash in hand jobs I'm doing around the local area, I'd be arrested within hours and my caravan would be removed. They occupied another community playing field near where I live last year and made a right mess. I don't recall any arrests (for cutting the lock off the gate for a start) and no come back on them at all, just the local village council having to fork out thousands to clean it all up and secure the site.

But still, the same lot of travellers turned up again this year, attempted to gain access to the same site but couldn't, instead they decided to setup camp on the local rugby club field. Without any police intervention, not that they could do anything anyway, so I don't blame the police, they decided to move on. I'm sure the thought of 3 x XV local teams turning up to assist in the removal of their caravans had nothing to do with it. Not at all.

I don't think everybody blames travellers for all crime, but they do seem to be beyond the law a lot of the time, and that's not with watching television, that's seeing what goes on in the local area and what they get away with.
Old 18 September 2017, 03:50 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Or rather, yoiu come from an area where people are so naive and so afraid of upsetting the minorities that travellers can...and probably do, get away with most stuff.
Old 19 September 2017, 03:40 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

What are your thoughts Felix?
Both incidents my fault entirely?

​​​​​​
The first one - If you received a reprimand/caution then you must have admitted that you were guilty of the offence. We can't reprimand/caution on a not guilty plea.

The second one - why didn't you challenge the decision. The section 59 is for anti social driving, so as far as i know, it can not be given to a vehicle which has not been driven. Unless a member of the public has provided evidence to show it has.
Old 19 September 2017, 03:46 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
You, your team or your force must be different to Humberside Poilce then. Travellers are near on untouchable around here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-36516459
This falls under the civil law and requires some sort of civil eviction order to be issued. Once that is in place, then the police can assist bailiffs to enforce the eviction by preventing any breaches of the peace.

Damage to the locks - yes criminal damage, but you will need to identify a specific individual in order to arrest/summons
Old 19 September 2017, 03:52 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Or rather, yoiu come from an area where people are so naive and so afraid of upsetting the minorities that travellers can...and probably do, get away with most stuff.
nope - we are just not racist, narrow minded or bigoted. Everyone is treat the same.
Old 19 September 2017, 04:03 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Is it wrong to be on first name terms?

Is it wrong to give them a bit of respect when they get arrested? Do you expect us to wind them right up and call them all the names under the sun - so they then kick off in custody and cause problems for everyone? And then when they are later found to be not guilty, would they have a legitimate complaint against the officers that arrested them for their abuse?

If offences occur, people are dealt with for those offence, regardless of what adjudication is going to be - verbally-warn through to custodial sentences. The offence above of a dwelling burglary will not be a case of the suspects being allowed to get away with it - but to bring about a prosecution, you need evidence. Simply saying "well, it must be them because they are well known" is not enough.
Old 19 September 2017, 04:38 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

How I wish I lived in the utopia that is wherever felix lives..........LOL
Old 19 September 2017, 08:56 AM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

The first one - If you received a reprimand/caution then you must have admitted that you were guilty of the offence. We can't reprimand/caution on a not guilty plea.

The second one - why didn't you challenge the decision. The section 59 is for anti social driving, so as far as i know, it can not be given to a vehicle which has not been driven. Unless a member of the public has provided evidence to show it has.
Well it was a long time ago but I remember it like it was yesterday, my first encounter with the law at 15, I was ****ting myself.
Not one person spoke when we walked away so it's not like he miss heard a conversation and thought I said something.
He blatantly made it up and made an example of me in front of my mates.

When I arrived at the station I was only in a cell for 15mins before my mam arrived, she made me apologize, I was given a reprimand and on my way. I wasn't asked if I plead guilty.
My mam could not believe my side of the event until my mates mam told her.

The section 59 was pretty much irrelevant to me as I don't part take in antisocial dick head activities in public places, such as illegal off road or on road riding/driving.

It was the fact that they were out looking to catch someone, nobody about, saw my quad parked and thought we'll go and try to criminalise him even though technically he's done nothing wrong.
Old 19 September 2017, 09:15 AM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Is it wrong to be on first name terms?

Is it wrong to give them a bit of respect when they get arrested? Do you expect us to wind them right up and call them all the names under the sun - so they then kick off in custody and cause problems for everyone? And then when they are later found to be not guilty, would they have a legitimate complaint against the officers that arrested them for their abuse?

If offences occur, people are dealt with for those offence, regardless of what adjudication is going to be - verbally-warn through to custodial sentences. The offence above of a dwelling burglary will not be a case of the suspects being allowed to get away with it - but to bring about a prosecution, you need evidence. Simply saying "well, it must be them because they are well known" is not enough.

​​​​​​What I mean by giving them respect is,

If i hot pulled over for a random check, and casually used foul language I would be warned and if I used it again and again I'd be arested. Which is fine.

If a known criminal known for violence, drug dealer cocky ***** etc who is on first name terms with the officer gets pulled over and starts shouting and swearing and playing the victim..... Nothing, maybe a warning.
it's all just oh calm down mate blah blah blah.
I think people should be treated equal

​​​​​Not saying this is how you do business but I've seen it a lot
Old 19 September 2017, 10:24 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How I wish I lived in the utopia that is wherever felix lives..........LOL
You will post Brexit
Old 19 September 2017, 04:07 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Yeah, there is that, thanks....
Old 19 September 2017, 04:13 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Fields an fields of migrant less labour , bet yo cant wait !