Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sign in for lurkers and old members/ sneaky peekers.

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2017, 07:26 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still here,

Although not as often as i used to.

Joined in 2005 after trading a T16S FPT for a 2.0 wagon ..

Been in a 3.0 outback for the last 4 years

Miss some of the regulars - Les, Lisa, dont miss some of the others

Definatly quiet on here these days ...

Miss Si ranting on about revenue & addblockers

Need some good posts - Wasps nests & NOS ring bells

Mart

Last edited by mart360; 17 August 2017 at 07:28 PM.
Old 17 August 2017, 07:52 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for old time sake and because it has been mentioned a few times .....

The Oil Change according to the Old Ladies on here:-

1. Remove Oil Filler Cap, 'gently' - take at least 5 minutes or the threads will strip and the exhaust will fall off in a weeks time.

2. Carefully jack up the front of car, make sure that only the 'special' car jacking points are used or the steering wheel will be upside down next time you see it (the special jack points are only known to a select few, not the main dealers!)

3. Locate the Sump Plug, do this using an Inspection Lamp with a 100W bulb - do not, under any circumstances, use a bulb of lower wattage or the splash cover under the engine will melt and pieces will be sucked up into the MAF and then immediate engine failure will occur.

4. Undo Sump Plug whilst humming 'Oil Be Home For Xmas' - do NOT sing any other song or the Radio will never tune into any local stations again and the aerial will need to be replaced at the next service.

5. Allow Oil to drain into a Tupperware Perspex Jug - use only perspex as other plastics react with the old oil and particles travel back through the draining oil and attack the Big-End Bearings.

6. Whilst Oil is draining run around car 15 times in a Morris Dancing Outfit with the special Subaru bells attached to shoes.

7. Remove Oil Filter by unscrewing anti-clockwise 5 times, then clockwise 2 times, continue until filter is free ..... failure to do this will result in the new Filter not filling up with Oil on start-up.

8. Fill Oil Filter with Oil and screw new Oil Filter on and replace Sump Plug - there is some discussion about the order that these need to be replaced, many an evening in a B.O. smelling corner of a dark pub has been spent mulling over the merits of both choices ..... there is a 'special' way, but we are not sure what it is yet.

9. Start filling the engine with Oil - Synthetic only please!! and of course, Subarus need 'special' Oil - Mobil made a 'special' Oil just for us!!

10. Now it gets complicated, the engine start procedure ...... remove the spark plugs, coil packs and battery - remove the seats and rear boot/tailgate - ensure Octane Booster is removed from tank as it might spontaneously start the car when you are not ready - take the drive belts off - turn engine over, s....l....o....w....l....y - engine should be turned over at least 67 times to ensure adequate Oil film coverage.

11. Return all components and start engine whilst whistling the theme tune to TITANIC ................ if you are VERY lucky the engine will not shoot a con-rod through the block (this normally happens to MY96 cars which are MicaPink in colour) - but ALL Model Years can be affected equally as bad.

12. If the engine started without any problems, then don't be smug as the MAF sensor will blow up your engine within 3 days in any case!!!!!

OR, do as the Main Dealers do:-

Change Oil - start engine - check for Oil drips - return to customer!!

Pete
Old 17 August 2017, 08:28 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

He's not dead then
Old 17 August 2017, 08:32 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hes probably blown up his Honda through lack care attention to oil change so had to come back
Old 17 August 2017, 09:09 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

lol
Old 18 August 2017, 10:42 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Just for old time sake and because it has been mentioned a few times .....

The Oil Change according to the Old Ladies on here:-

1. Remove Oil Filler Cap, 'gently' - take at least 5 minutes or the threads will strip and the exhaust will fall off in a weeks time.

2. Carefully jack up the front of car, make sure that only the 'special' car jacking points are used or the steering wheel will be upside down next time you see it (the special jack points are only known to a select few, not the main dealers!)

3. Locate the Sump Plug, do this using an Inspection Lamp with a 100W bulb - do not, under any circumstances, use a bulb of lower wattage or the splash cover under the engine will melt and pieces will be sucked up into the MAF and then immediate engine failure will occur.

4. Undo Sump Plug whilst humming 'Oil Be Home For Xmas' - do NOT sing any other song or the Radio will never tune into any local stations again and the aerial will need to be replaced at the next service.

5. Allow Oil to drain into a Tupperware Perspex Jug - use only perspex as other plastics react with the old oil and particles travel back through the draining oil and attack the Big-End Bearings.

6. Whilst Oil is draining run around car 15 times in a Morris Dancing Outfit with the special Subaru bells attached to shoes.

7. Remove Oil Filter by unscrewing anti-clockwise 5 times, then clockwise 2 times, continue until filter is free ..... failure to do this will result in the new Filter not filling up with Oil on start-up.

8. Fill Oil Filter with Oil and screw new Oil Filter on and replace Sump Plug - there is some discussion about the order that these need to be replaced, many an evening in a B.O. smelling corner of a dark pub has been spent mulling over the merits of both choices ..... there is a 'special' way, but we are not sure what it is yet.

9. Start filling the engine with Oil - Synthetic only please!! and of course, Subarus need 'special' Oil - Mobil made a 'special' Oil just for us!!

10. Now it gets complicated, the engine start procedure ...... remove the spark plugs, coil packs and battery - remove the seats and rear boot/tailgate - ensure Octane Booster is removed from tank as it might spontaneously start the car when you are not ready - take the drive belts off - turn engine over, s....l....o....w....l....y - engine should be turned over at least 67 times to ensure adequate Oil film coverage.

11. Return all components and start engine whilst whistling the theme tune to TITANIC ................ if you are VERY lucky the engine will not shoot a con-rod through the block (this normally happens to MY96 cars which are MicaPink in colour) - but ALL Model Years can be affected equally as bad.

12. If the engine started without any problems, then don't be smug as the MAF sensor will blow up your engine within 3 days in any case!!!!!

OR, do as the Main Dealers do:-

Change Oil - start engine - check for Oil drips - return to customer!!

Pete
Classic.
Old 18 August 2017, 11:00 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It deserves the Booker Prize lol

.... Except it ain't fiction.

Last edited by joz8968; 18 August 2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 18 August 2017, 11:15 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Brilliant
Old 18 August 2017, 07:03 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pslewis ...STILL!! wtf
Old 20 August 2017, 07:56 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Back in the day I was convinced there was only 10-15 actual people with 10-20 accounts each.

I'm starting to think I may have been right .
Old 03 December 2017, 09:26 PM
Mike123
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by salsa-king
hmmmmmmm,
There's one of the few names I remember!

No Stef??
Old 04 December 2017, 08:13 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

In with the old boys.
Old 10 March 2019, 02:55 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii

I still come in here daily, mainly sport, some real characters in here who are long gone. Redkop, Chip, Lesley, Kippax, P1ssy and loads more
Just popped in for a nose,amazed this forum is still going really, remember the days of 100s of posts daily some years ago.

See a few old hands still post but I guess like myself most of us have moved on, not got a Subaru etc and just got fed up of all the ****e that was on here.

I left along with a few others at the time after we allegedly upset F1fan and turbohot during their lovein.

Some great characters over the years though, met some of them too ,all of whom were really nice people. Cheers all.

Old 10 March 2019, 03:29 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Just popped in for a nose,amazed this forum is still going really, remember the days of 100s of posts daily some years ago.

See a few old hands still post but I guess like myself most of us have moved on, not got a Subaru etc and just got fed up of all the ****e that was on here.

I left along with a few others at the time after we allegedly upset F1fan and turbohot during their lovein.

Some great characters over the years though, met some of them too ,all of whom were really nice people. Cheers all.
its a good forum and has a lot of knowledgeable people on it, however it is spoilt by certain members who keep popping up with their negativity. there isnt many of them just a small handful really but one of them is actually a really knowledgeable guy when it comes to subaru's but he just wants to come on here and post negative comments on peoples threads instead of sharing his knowledge........shame really but i guess thats what he enjoys, he was banned but obviously cant stay away from trying to upset people so re-joined under a new username. he has posted negative comments on my threads and as far as i know i havent given him reason to but hey ho it is what it is.

Old 10 March 2019, 11:08 PM
Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I love this forum, im not a frequent poster but do when I can, lots of great info and members seem good too.
Old 11 March 2019, 01:47 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by Chip

Everyone upset F1Fan he was a touchy f****r
Old 11 March 2019, 02:15 PM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

Do you still have the hatch Funkii?
Old 11 March 2019, 03:33 PM
wrx2005
BANNED

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Everyone upset F1Fan he was a touchy f****r
you know he's dead?
Old 11 March 2019, 03:42 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by wrx2005
you know he's dead?
No, I didn't know that. Really?
Old 11 March 2019, 03:44 PM
wrx2005
BANNED

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
No, I didn't know that. Really?
yes he died in a crash driving a Ferrari chasing a rover 200 somewhere in eastern Europe.
He just could match the superior speed and driving skill of the rover 200 and its driver
Old 11 March 2019, 10:37 PM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Class of '99 and lots of fond memories - not posted for a long time but dip in occasionally
Old 12 March 2019, 09:47 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Seriously F1Fan is no longer?

I had respect for the guy, he was a very knowledgeable guy in the world of motorsport given he lived and breathed it.

I bought a car from him some years ago, so met and had a beer with him. He was a proper decent guy, really misunderstood only because he didn't suffer fools.

Robert.
Old 12 March 2019, 10:43 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thought he emigrated to Aus ..
Old 12 March 2019, 11:19 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I pop in on Pancake Day.

Things here are looking rather flat.
Old 12 March 2019, 01:35 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Some of the site could be deleted.
I never did like all the sub sections within the for sale, and the midlands, Essex, regional section.

But the flip side is the invaluable information on this website that I’ve spent days reading.

i was here, I left and I’ve returned.
Old 12 March 2019, 03:21 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

What you driving now Rob?
Old 12 March 2019, 03:35 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Day
What you driving now Rob?
just a torque gt special 😜

Old 12 March 2019, 04:26 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Looks good Rob, is a JDM?
Old 12 March 2019, 05:03 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Yeah. Fsh, 60k clean as anything.
changed all fluids and was undersealed.
Incredible car
Old 12 March 2019, 08:13 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by Rusti
Do you still have the hatch Funkii?
No I left that behind in Oz, but what. lot of fun I had in that on their great roads

Quick Reply: Sign in for lurkers and old members/ sneaky peekers.