Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Remember this case?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mir...ee-9813409.amp
Old 26 July 2017, 08:18 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
I can understand the parents wishes but they just don't consider the reality of their demands.
I can also understand their wishes, but your 100% right. Reality is this won't happen.
My father died in hospital, we tried to get him brought home as that was his wish, but as stupid as it sounds, he was just too ill to be brought home, and we all knew he was dying, it was just a matter of days
Old 26 July 2017, 08:20 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Yes, but a brain tumour is wee bit different to brain dead
Old 26 July 2017, 10:52 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by urban
I can also understand their wishes, but your 100% right. Reality is this won't happen.
My father died in hospital, we tried to get him brought home as that was his wish, but as stupid as it sounds, he was just too ill to be brought home, and we all knew he was dying, it was just a matter of days
Same for me my Mother died in a hospice there was no way she could be taken home to die no matter how much we wanted her at home to pass away.

I think the parents have been through too much and are too distraught and they aren't in any fit state mentally to be making rational decisions and I blame the team around them for not being more protective and allowing them to go down roads that are only going to end in heartache.

GOSH is a World renowned childrens hospital if anyone can make the right decisions for this little boy it's them.
Old 27 July 2017, 06:28 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

http://news.sky.com/story/charlie-ga...ortly-10964114

I find the parents wholly unpalatable as it's all about what they want and not what is in the best interests of their Son. What they want isn't possible yet they come out with accusations such as the link above and I find it disgusting to try and make GOSH look bad after all they have done for their Son and the options they have suggested/offered.

The sooner these 2 are out the media the better in my view.
Old 27 July 2017, 09:57 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But what is in Charlie's best interests? I don't mean this to sound harsh but he is completely braindead. He is deaf, blind, not even self aware. To try and do things that are in his best interest, is, well, a bit pointless.
Old 27 July 2017, 10:58 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
But what is in Charlie's best interests? I don't mean this to sound harsh but he is completely braindead. He is deaf, blind, not even self aware. To try and do things that are in his best interest, is, well, a bit pointless.
That's what i'm getting at. His best interests are as the Court has decided to let him go to a hospice where he will be taken off life support in a managed process where he won't suffer a horrendous death.

What his parents wanted were to take him home which would have involved him having a horrendous death just to to satisfy their 'last wish'. That is not in his best interests in anyone's book.
Old 27 July 2017, 11:40 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
http://news.sky.com/story/charlie-ga...ortly-10964114

I find the parents wholly unpalatable as it's all about what they want and not what is in the best interests of their Son. What they want isn't possible yet they come out with accusations such as the link above and I find it disgusting to try and make GOSH look bad after all they have done for their Son and the options they have suggested/offered.

The sooner these 2 are out the media the better in my view.
Bit harsh but have to be honest,I agree
Old 28 July 2017, 12:26 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Shame the parents haven't got the grace to express their thanks to the many who have struggled to look after the kid. Now they are complaining that they are being denied more time before they pull the plug. Selfish in my view.

The whole thing has, IMHO, been a sad farce but, of course, a great media story. Just wait for the s,hit they publish at the funeral.

dl
Old 28 July 2017, 08:36 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Just wait for the s,hit they publish at the funeral.
And then a newspaper or two, a book, and a documentary
Old 28 July 2017, 12:09 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Agree with most on this topic. The whole situation has descended into a farce.

The poor child suffers from a condition that is not compatible with life, for anybody to suggest otherwise is frankly ridiculous.

I had nothing but sympathy for the parents when this case first hit the headlines but increasingly my feelings have changed. Their solicitor is a grade one bellend who is clueless about the medical facts and throws all sorts of accusations at GOSH.

Then there are all the pro life happy clapping nut jobs from USA who have flown in to meddle in the affair.

And the Pope? Wtf was he up to? He should concentrate on preventing his clergy from buggering small boys rather than meddling in medical matters.

I think the way things have played out is because the parents have been poorly adviced and guided by everybody from their solicitor to Trump, the pope and the happy clappers.

We know trial by media is bad, now we've seen how bad medical management by media can be.

Doctors can be wrong and doctors can have a god complex but GOSH is one of the best children's hospitals in the world and this case has been reviewed by many doctors, they can't all be wrong.

I know you can't equate a life to money but just how much time and money has been wasted on these endless court cases? How much time have the doctors had to spend on battling with the parents that they could have spent with other sick kids.
Old 28 July 2017, 02:06 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Agree with most on this topic. The whole situation has descended into a farce.

The poor child suffers from a condition that is not compatible with life, for anybody to suggest otherwise is frankly ridiculous.

I had nothing but sympathy for the parents when this case first hit the headlines but increasingly my feelings have changed. Their solicitor is a grade one bellend who is clueless about the medical facts and throws all sorts of accusations at GOSH.

Then there are all the pro life happy clapping nut jobs from USA who have flown in to meddle in the affair.

And the Pope? Wtf was he up to? He should concentrate on preventing his clergy from buggering small boys rather than meddling in medical matters.

I think the way things have played out is because the parents have been poorly adviced and guided by everybody from their solicitor to Trump, the pope and the happy clappers.

We know trial by media is bad, now we've seen how bad medical management by media can be.

Doctors can be wrong and doctors can have a god complex but GOSH is one of the best children's hospitals in the world and this case has been reviewed by many doctors, they can't all be wrong.

I know you can't equate a life to money but just how much time and money has been wasted on these endless court cases? How much time have the doctors had to spend on battling with the parents that they could have spent with other sick kids.
Not to mention the amount it has cost the NHS in Court where this money could have been spent saving countless lives.
Old 28 July 2017, 04:30 PM
tom-r33
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Don't take this as a flippant observation but if you had a pet with a similar condition you wouldn't think twice before the last trip to the vet. And this would be to stop any further suffering for your pet. So what's the difference?
David
because legally you're allowed to be more humane to animals than you are to humans
Old 28 July 2017, 07:19 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

RIP little man
Old 28 July 2017, 07:58 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

RIP
Old 28 July 2017, 08:34 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

RIP little boy finally at peace.
Old 28 July 2017, 10:55 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

RIP .

A sad affair by understandably desperate parents. I agree with Anon on this.

Very sad, but happening all the time. This just got in the press sadly
Old 31 July 2017, 09:45 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

http://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-...oited-10968310

Couldn't agree more. I'm surprised that has come from Sky News for once it's a very good and to the point article not mincing their words/opinion.