Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Who are the worst 'type' of drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2017, 10:06 AM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who are the worst 'type' of drivers?

We all do it......someone cuts you up or pulls out on you or is sat in the middle lane doing 50, and what do you do? You look at the driver to see what sort of person they are. It does seem, in my opinion, that there are a certain group of drivers that are constantly bad behind the wheel. Who am talking about? Pensioners, bloody pensioners. The sooner the government brings in some sort of renewal test when you reach retirement age (or an age deemed suitable by experts), the better. Now, I'm not saying all pensioners are terrible, nor am I saying all other groups are better, but from my own personal experience, the vast majority are not suitable to drive.

What's your own thoughts? Do you agree or disagree? Do you think there are a worse type of driver?
Old 25 April 2017, 10:12 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

apart from scoobydude lol ?

I don't think theres a particular type
Old 25 April 2017, 10:41 AM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Peedee
We all do it......someone cuts you up or pulls out on you or is sat in the middle lane doing 50, and what do you do? You look at the driver to see what sort of person they are. It does seem, in my opinion, that there are a certain group of drivers that are constantly bad behind the wheel. Who am talking about? Pensioners, bloody pensioners. The sooner the government brings in some sort of renewal test when you reach retirement age (or an age deemed suitable by experts), the better. Now, I'm not saying all pensioners are terrible, nor am I saying all other groups are better, but from my own personal experience, the vast majority are not suitable to drive.

What's your own thoughts? Do you agree or disagree? Do you think there are a worse type of driver?
Funnily enough, there's a petition on the subject of pensioners and driving:

https://www.change.org/p/secretary-o...river-turns-70
Old 25 April 2017, 10:50 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

mothers dropping off their kids at school, most impatient, abusive, selfish, ignorant and irrational people on the roads
Old 25 April 2017, 11:48 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Everyone should have a restest and medical 5 yearly. It would serve to get everyone to revise the highway code and hazard awareness on a regular basis. Instead read it once for passing your test when 17 then forgetting just about all aspects of safe considerate driving.
Old 25 April 2017, 11:53 AM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts

A more interesting question would be this, if you re-tested the whole of the nations drivers, and the examiner stuck 100% by the rule book, how many drivers do you think would have their licence revoked for not being upto standard ?

In answer to your question, the worse type of drivers are, in no particular order:

1. White van man and Luton Van Man
2. Weekend drivers
3. Drivers who stay in the outside lanes of a motorway and are going slower than those in the first lane, lane hoggers.
5. Pensioners, a lot are an accident waiting to happen.
6. Idiots coming down the slip road at around 40mph and only put their foot down once they get on the motorway, the slip road is for getting upto the speed of the motorway, a lot of em don't know that. It causes chaos for HGV's in the 1st lane.
7. Idiots leaving it till the last minute to leave a motorway junction, they swerve in front of you and then anchor on.

Their are loads more, someone else can fill in the rest.
Old 25 April 2017, 11:58 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

[QUOTE=The Joshua Tree;11935534]A more interesting question would be this, if you re-tested the whole of the nations drivers, and the examiner stuck 100% by the rule book, how many drivers do you think would have their licence revoked for not being upto standard ?

In answer to your question, the worse type of drivers are, in no particular order:

1. White van man and Luton Van Man
2. Weekend drivers
3. Drivers who stay in the outside lanes of a motorway and are going slower than those in the first lane, lane hoggers.
5. Pensioners, a lot are an accident waiting to happen.
6. Idiots coming down the slip road at around 40mph and only put their foot down once they get on the motorway, the slip road is for getting upto the speed of the motorway, a lot of em don't know that. It causes chaos for HGV's in the 1st lane.
7. Idiots leaving it till the last minute to leave a motorway junction, they swerve in front of you and then anchor on.
8. Vw/ Audi drivers are total bell ends think they own the road no consideration

Their are loads more, someone else can fill in the rest.
Old 25 April 2017, 11:59 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Probably the worst drivers are the ones complacent and/ or complaining about everyone else.
Old 25 April 2017, 12:02 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

8. Vw/ Audi drivers are total bell ends think they own the road no consideration ...
Don't let Mrs ZANY hear you say that

Last edited by ossett2k2; 25 April 2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 25 April 2017, 12:05 PM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

UK drivers full stop, we are so aggressive and impatient.
Old 25 April 2017, 12:48 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusti
At least you guys can drive properly the standard of driving in Ireland is beyond appalling
Old 25 April 2017, 12:52 PM
DTB
Scooby Regular

By worst do you mean those that breach the Highway Code most often, those that cause most inconvenience to other drivers, or those that are most dangerous?

The first, possibly people who have not actually passed their test but drive about anyway.
The second, possibly slow drivers and drivers who are inconsiderate or just oblivious to other road users.
The third, possibly anyone texting while driving, driving after drinking, or driving when very tired.
Old 25 April 2017, 12:58 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

The people that go out of their way to impede your progress:

Stick in a lane when clear/safe to pull over
Who deliberately slow down just to try & P you off
Who speed up when you go to overtake
Block you from merge in turn
Who basically think that they are the purveyors of instant justice on the roads
Old 25 April 2017, 02:35 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
8. Vw/ Audi drivers are total bell ends think they own the road no consideration ...
Don't let Mrs ZANY hear you say that
Exactly my point!!!

She's the reason I've gone bald bro and that was only 5mins in passenger seat!!
Old 25 April 2017, 02:38 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Disagree ^^^
I for one am not aggressive or impatient always considerate and chilled when driving any motor as I'm sure there will be others it's just the naughty ones that stick out more in my opinion
Old 25 April 2017, 05:37 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Try driving in Belgium and see how impatient they are.
Old 25 April 2017, 06:44 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

People here try and stop you getting onto the slip roads to exit/enter the motorway - I'm surprised there are not more shootings. People in Dallas can't drive for ****.

No lane discipline either, we end up in massive tailbacks as you frequently have all 4 lanes of the freeway with people all doing 50 mph. People behind end up trying all sorts to try and get by them, get impatient and cause an accident.

Also, every now and again I see someone doing 80mph down the hard shoulder on the central reservation, with stopped traffic in all the other lanes - I don't know how those people don't get caught and have their licenses revoked.

There is so much drink driving here it's insane - there are areas I avoid on Fridays/Saturdays as I don't want a DD'er to drive into me.
Old 25 April 2017, 07:05 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Women wearing hijabs.

Not sure how the headgear makes them unable to negotiate roundabouts, junctions or car parks, but there is certainly a trend. Maybe they have the same instructor because they also seem to think that vehicles entering the roundabout have right of way over those already on the roundabout.

Joint second place goes to MPV, SUV and privately owned 4x4 crew cab pickups, particularly when their typical drivers use them on the school or shopping run.

Third place; Picasso drivers. Ok it's a MPV too but adding the Citroen badge appears to make them oblivious to all other road users, they'll pass cyclist with inches to spare, go around parked cars and force oncoming traffic to stop (including HGVs), and potter at 54mph in the middle lane of the motorway, until a HGV undertakes them and then they speed up to 80mph then slow back down to 50mph half a mile later. They also seem to think you know them (or at least when he's called Ronnie Pickering).

Fourth place goes to wannabe model twenty-somethings in a little city car more obsessed with twittering/facebooking/snapchatting/texting on their phone. Maybe should just call them millennials.

Special mentions also go to Pruis driver that tailgate, overtake on blind bends and generally drive in a manner that defeats the point of their fuel efficiency. And drivers of cars with national trust stickers who tend to get very angry if you legally overtake them on a rural road :wonder

Last edited by ALi-B; 25 April 2017 at 07:09 PM.
Old 25 April 2017, 08:58 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Are hijab even legal to be worn in the uk?? Without starting any dilly argument.. that's just as bad as driving round with a balaclava on !! Very scary just imagine a hit and run incident who and what would you say!!
Old 25 April 2017, 09:11 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZANY
Are hijab even legal to be worn in the uk?? Without starting any dilly argument.. that's just as bad as driving round with a balaclava on !! Very scary just imagine a hit and run incident who and what would you say!!

Think you're getting your hijab confused with niqab (and/or burqa).

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hi...iWT8M:&spf=282

Last edited by joz8968; 25 April 2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 25 April 2017, 10:20 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old shape Citroen Picasso drivers !
Old 25 April 2017, 10:23 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

100% old people.

My step father is a driving nightmare.

They simply cannot drive after 70.They are dreadful

Frightening really they are allowed to drive
Old 25 April 2017, 10:40 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Micra drivers.
1.2 Corsa's.
Any Fiat 500.
And the absolutely belting Hyundai i10.
Old 25 April 2017, 10:44 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by ZANY

Think you are talking about a niqab (face covering)

Hijab is just a headscarf so no worse than a baseball cap (not on the list, but they should be ). It shouldn't affect vision and I can easily identify the driver, but around here it appears to have a negative affect on driving competence.

Last edited by ALi-B; 25 April 2017 at 10:46 PM.
Old 25 April 2017, 10:48 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Micra drivers.
1.2 Corsa's.
Any Fiat 500.
And the absolutely belting Hyundai i10.
If in France or Spain; Any Dacia. As they are usually driven by people who have just upgraded from a Aixam.

Started seeing the Dacia trend in the UK, it will soon be the modern alternative to those doddering Micra drivers "aka the 35mph everywhere brigade"

Last edited by ALi-B; 25 April 2017 at 10:53 PM.
Old 26 April 2017, 07:15 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B

Hijab is just a headscarf so no worse than a baseball cap (not on the list, but they should be ). It shouldn't affect vision and I can easily identify the driver, but around here it appears to have a negative affect on driving competence.
Aaah right my bad... should have known better
We don't have that issue round here more beanie than baseball hats and head scarfs are worn by a lot of females without any issues
I wear a beanie hat myself to keep the cold air away from my bald head when the roof scoop is open but it still doesn't effect my driving

I think the type of music we listen to while driving certainly plays a part though
Old 26 April 2017, 07:18 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Or yoofs with their hoodie up, even when it is hot. FFS they have the tunnel vision!
Old 26 April 2017, 07:24 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Or yoofs with their hoodie up, even when it is hot. FFS they have the tunnel vision!
With hoodies up!! Surely that would effect vision looking left or right or do they even look
Old 26 April 2017, 10:24 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Modified WRX owners who drive like they stole it, think that their car should be featured in the next fast and furious film, think that they can run 10 seconds at Santa Pod with little more than the right grade of oil also, "Can make the school Run in less than 12 parsecs

You know who you are
Old 26 April 2017, 11:09 AM
pacenote
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Women wearing hijabs.

Not sure how the headgear makes them unable to negotiate roundabouts, junctions or car parks, but there is certainly a trend. Maybe they have the same instructor because they also seem to think that vehicles entering the roundabout have right of way over those already on the roundabout.

Joint second place goes to MPV, SUV and privately owned 4x4 crew cab pickups, particularly when their typical drivers use them on the school or shopping run.

Third place; Picasso drivers. Ok it's a MPV too but adding the Citroen badge appears to make them oblivious to all other road users, they'll pass cyclist with inches to spare, go around parked cars and force oncoming traffic to stop (including HGVs), and potter at 54mph in the middle lane of the motorway, until a HGV undertakes them and then they speed up to 80mph then slow back down to 50mph half a mile later. They also seem to think you know them (or at least when he's called Ronnie Pickering).

Fourth place goes to wannabe model twenty-somethings in a little city car more obsessed with twittering/facebooking/snapchatting/texting on their phone. Maybe should just call them millennials.

Special mentions also go to Pruis driver that tailgate, overtake on blind bends and generally drive in a manner that defeats the point of their fuel efficiency. And drivers of cars with national trust stickers who tend to get very angry if you legally overtake them on a rural road :wonder
+ 1 on that lot