Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Car Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2017, 04:01 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Car Alarm

My 10yo diesel RRS comes with a standard alarm/immobiliser. Normally would be happy with that but with all the work/bits I've had done & added to the car now, it would be a real pita if someone stole it - loss of amenity more so than loss of £ but that would still hurt. That & with all the stories of people snooping fobs and stealing RRS's & that some ar$e nicked my rear lights at the start of the year, am now a bit twitchy.

What options do I have with a diesel for disabling it whilst I am away? If it were a scoob, I would interdict the power to the fuel pump with a hidden switch but not sure that is an option on a diesel. I used to have a Cat2 alarm with which you had to physically touch a key to a receptor before it would start (20 years ago!) but I wouldn't have thought things like that are still around. Anything that is electrial and physical would be ideal - no radio waves to block/clone and I don't mind the extra agro.
Old 21 April 2017, 08:53 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

disklok or clutch claw (if manual) or both together if you like.
Old 21 April 2017, 09:00 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

If you want to stop cloned keys being programmed a very cheap and cheerful way is to move the OBD port and fit it somewhere secluded, then fit a dead dummy one in its place so when they plug in a programmer, nothing will happen.

Obviously let your mechanic know when it's serviced