Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Islam.religion or political ideology?

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2017, 09:17 AM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Islam.religion or political ideology?

Its a subject ive taken a recent interest in . Id be interested to hear others opinions
Old 04 February 2017, 10:04 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

All religions were made to control humans before law was made christians, sikhs, Jews or muslims all alike always gonna be political sh!te not worth the headache IMO

I on the other hand respect all genders,religions, opinions and love everyone the same as life is too short

Don't worry about the bad times you'll miss out on the good times

Just my 20p's worth

P.s what is political ideology
Old 04 February 2017, 10:14 AM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Another religion thread in a car forum
Old 04 February 2017, 10:22 AM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Political ideologies are belief systems that provide people with a perspective on the proper role of elected officials, which types of public policies should be prioritized, and how the various elements of society should be arranged. Whether or not they realize it, most people possess a definitive political ideology.
Old 04 February 2017, 11:22 AM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZANY
All religions were made to control humans before law was made christians, sikhs, Jews or muslims all alike always gonna be political sh!te not worth the headache IMO

I on the other hand respect all genders,religions, opinions and love everyone the same as life is too short

Don't worry about the bad times you'll miss out on the good times

Just my 20p's worth

P.s what is political ideology
You respect all religions ? I imagine if you looked deeper into religions you might lose that respect.
And you love all peole the same ? What? Regardless what kind of person they are ? .

I do get what your saying but it was said in a naive way
Old 04 February 2017, 11:40 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Seriously, "taken a recent interest in"? That's an awfully large rock you must have been buried under for the past three or four decades.
Old 04 February 2017, 11:41 AM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
Seriously, "taken a recent interest in"? That's an awfully large rock you must have been buried under for the past three or four decades.
Has everybody been taking an interest in whether islam is a religion or political ideology ?

So since you have been interested in the subject for 30 to 40 years what is your opinion on it

Last edited by gary77; 04 February 2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04 February 2017, 12:21 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by gary77
Has everybody been taking an interest in whether islam is a religion or political ideology ?

So since you have been interested in the subject for 30 to 40 years what is your opinion on it
There have been hundred of books, academic dissertations and probably millions of column inches in major newspapers around the world written on this subject in the timeframe I mentioned, not to mention the umpteen blogs, forums and other wesbites which talk about nothing else 24/7, 365 days a year. I would say that's all pretty good evidence that you're coming to the party very late indeed.
Old 04 February 2017, 12:29 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
There have been hundred of books, academic dissertations and probably millions of column inches in major newspapers around the world written on this subject in the timeframe I mentioned, not to mention the umpteen blogs, forums and other wesbites which talk about nothing else 24/7, 365 days a year. I would say that's all pretty good evidence that you're coming to the party very late indeed.
Sure. So what is your opinion after reading all those hundreds of books, academic dissertations and probably millions of column inches in major newspapers around the world.

And you seriously think that most people have studied the above sources and developed an opinion based on them over the last 30 to 40 years ..

And you seriously believe im one of a very small percent that has not taken the time over the last 30 to 40 years to study them ?
Old 04 February 2017, 12:38 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO
Another religion thread in a car forum
Stone him !
Old 04 February 2017, 01:49 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Islam is a religion. Islamism is Islam taken to its ideological conclusion (political Islam). Some say the two are indistinguishable. It's not either/or, but rather nuanced and complex.
Old 04 February 2017, 01:52 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Religion is bol10x, if the bible is to be believed then the first people on the planet where Adam and Eve and they had 2 kids, both boys, so does this mean all 3 of the males practiced insest and shagged Eve over and over again in order to populate the planet? Talk about inbred morons resulting from that, also did Cain and Abel have pet T-Rex's as there are plenty of dinosaur bones kicking around that proves they existed.

Last edited by Wurzel; 04 February 2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04 February 2017, 02:03 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ml#post9887250
Old 04 February 2017, 02:15 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Great post that you linked to there.

I need to see how non islamist muslims feel about islamism and how they seperate the two.

How likely would it be for a muslim to become an islamist .is it going to grow or fail.

Islamists believe the world should be under one islamic state.is that right ?

For example .you have 2 muslims in a community of say 10000. Im sure they would likely integrate. If you had 1000 in the same community would they be likely to pursue islamism.

Just a thought

And are islamists living by the true definition of what it is to be muslim. The true teachings of the quran and other moderate muslims not ?

Even the term moderate suggests they arent being full on muslim.is that likely to change the larger the percent of muslims there are in a community

Last edited by gary77; 04 February 2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04 February 2017, 02:34 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I'm of the view that true Muslims will either be Islamists or sympathise with Islamism. This absolutely does not mean that all Islamists and their sympathisers are violent. The majority of Muslims are what I and others call 'cultural' Muslims. They may well pray and attend Mosque and so forth, but the depth of their understanding is limited.

If you want to understand Islam you must study the man (Mohammad) and the books (Qur'an and the Hadiths). Everything else is obfuscation.

Last edited by JTaylor; 04 February 2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04 February 2017, 02:48 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

I agree with all of that . I wonder what those cultural Muslims will do when there understanding grows . Would they pursue islamism or cease to be Muslim . I think that would mean death in some countries .

Should all religion be studied in school ? Would people turn there backs on religion if they were properly educated.

Obviously you are well educated and have not . I'll have to read the bible quran and the hadiths and then come back for a proper debate

Last edited by gary77; 04 February 2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04 February 2017, 02:52 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I agree with all of that . I wonder what those cultural Muslims will do when there understanding grows . Would they pursue islamism or cease to be Muslim . I think that would mean death in some countries .

Should all religion be studied in school ?
Apostasy can mean social exclusion and in some cases death. The school system needs to be very cautious how it teaches religion.

Have a read of this:

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...neologism.html
Old 05 February 2017, 08:36 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Biggest problems with Muslims is the vast majority are sheep and will allow the active minority to take control... as has happened in recent years... despite knowing the things that are happening in the name of their religion are wrong... they stand united more as a race would as opposed to any religious calling... it's in the terminology... they're all brothers.

Funny though like most religious people get them on their own one on one and they'll act differently... as soon as there is another Muslim around they go back to being all religious... praying, asking for halal meat, not so open and having discussions in which they (for the most part) agree what's happening is bad people twisting it... they're all afraid of one an other.

Peer pressure at it's finest.

Some aspects of it are good and some bad, but it's so intwined into their culture that it's impossible to see where the two begin and end.... one thing for sure... who ever came up with it did a far better job of getting into the minds and souls of their disciples than the christian protestant faith did... Roman Catholics and Jews in particular made a much better job of it and are more akin to Muslims... having made their religion their culture.
Old 05 February 2017, 09:15 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Biggest problems with Muslims is the vast majority are sheep and will allow the active minority to take control... as has happened in recent years... despite knowing the things that are happening in the name of their religion are wrong... they stand united more as a race would as opposed to any religious calling... it's in the terminology... they're all brothers.

Funny though like most religious people get them on their own one on one and they'll act differently... as soon as there is another Muslim around they go back to being all religious... praying, asking for halal meat, not so open and having discussions in which they (for the most part) agree what's happening is bad people twisting it... they're all afraid of one an other.

Peer pressure at it's finest.

Some aspects of it are good and some bad, but it's so intwined into their culture that it's impossible to see where the two begin and end.... one thing for sure... who ever came up with it did a far better job of getting into the minds and souls of their disciples than the christian protestant faith did... Roman Catholics and Jews in particular made a much better job of it and are more akin to Muslims... having made their religion their culture.
Protestants adhere to the doctrine of sola fide.
Old 05 February 2017, 09:28 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Protestants adhere to the doctrine of sola fide.
Indeed... I hope for the sake of all religious people that none of it is actually real... because come judgement day... hell fires going to be burning more brightly than ever before... and some poor fu@ker is gona have his work cut out for him satisfying all them virgins on his todd.
Old 05 February 2017, 10:18 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Indeed... I hope for the sake of all religious people that none of it is actually real... because come judgement day... hell fires going to be burning more brightly than ever before... and some poor fu@ker is gona have his work cut out for him satisfying all them virgins on his todd.
That's super, Ditch, but I'm not sure what it has to do with sola fide. The Baptists (me) find it even harder to put bums on pews as we only allow membership when one has been through adult baptism. Anyway, back to your characture.
Old 05 February 2017, 11:13 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

See what happened to the uk. The mosques will be renovated into the pubs and most won't give a **** to any Holy Night or Little Donkey.

Yes, change of this sort may cause some blood shed and deaths, if it happens.

I can't see this happening in any near future.

Should all religion be studied in school ? Would people turn there backs on religion if they were properly educated.
Yes, all religions should be studied in school. It develops the understanding of the religions, hence an education in itself. I've never seen one generic school (excluding faith schools, of course) that imposes any religion on its students with the excuse of RE.

Obviously you are well educated and have not . I'll have to read the bible quran and the hadiths and then come back for a proper debate
On the basis of the understanding that you already possess, you may like to continue to discuss your query here, no harm in that. Others are enlightening you here quite efficiently, your query doesn't seem to be malicious or like an intentional wind-up to the Muslims either, therefore, despite any level of pre-reading of any of those religious books, you seem rightful to discuss your query on Islam here.

I must add that in last few years, I've met some Muslims who absolutely loathe the terrorists and their terrorism acts on the name of Islam, despite what Mohammad or anybody else says.
Old 05 February 2017, 12:29 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Apostasy can mean social exclusion and in some cases death. The school system needs to be very cautious how it teaches religion.

Have a read of this:

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...neologism.html
Well that was an interesting read .

I think what it shows is the imposable task of fully understanding and agreeing what is going on in the world.

Like you said earlier reading the quran and hadiths is the only way i can make a decision on islam .
Old 05 February 2017, 12:42 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Keep religion out of mainstream schools , easy
Old 05 February 2017, 01:11 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

[QUOTE=ditchmyster;11916639]Biggest problems with Muslims is the vast majority are sheep

Funny though like most religious people get them on their own one on one and they'll act differently... as soon as there is another Muslim around they go back to being all religious... praying, asking for halal meat, not so open and having discussions in which they (for the most part) agree what's happening is bad people twisting it... they're all afraid of one an other

Totally agree and with you on this one ditch....
Old 05 February 2017, 01:12 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Ignorance is bliss.
Old 05 February 2017, 01:28 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Would it not be better to have people properly educated ?

I suppose that assumes schools can properly educate people
Old 05 February 2017, 01:28 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Since time immemorial humans have blamed, appeased, prayed to or pleaded with rock formations, trees, mountains, lakes, rivers, the Gods (any number of them) the weather and just about anything else you can think of. The purpose? To find some meaning in this world and the deities responsible for how it is ordered. That all existence and everything connected to it may be purely haphazard is an intolerable thought to many people, who turn to religion for comfort.
Yet religions are just the organisation into neat files of this mish mash of foolish irrational thinking but nonetheless they remain equally foolish, equally irrational. Is there any proof that religion has ever helped rather than hindered the human condition in any way? I’d be delighted to hear it.
Old 05 February 2017, 01:29 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Would it not be better to have people properly educated ?

I suppose that assumes schools can properly educate people
So just keep it out completely , how simple can it be
Old 05 February 2017, 02:12 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
So just keep it out completely , how simple can it be
My thougjt that it should be taught in school is . That peoole will be properly educated about all religions and then be able to make a decision to follow them or not.

Instead of them being taught about it in a biased way leading them to make an uninformed decision.

In reality i dont think there would be enough time in the day to properly educate people about every religion

Last edited by gary77; 05 February 2017 at 02:13 PM.