Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

So Brexit seems to be a good thing then.

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2017, 05:06 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Reinhold
Having struggled through this thread I've seen no evidence of anyone being persuaded to change their mind.

Which is why the majority of scoobynet users have given it a wide berth.

It is a stereotypical internet argument encompassing the most typical of all factions. Amusing in some respects when self styled intellects can't seem to realise this, clutching at the straws to close down their chosen opponent at every new snippet of media non-news (I call it non-news, because the majority on this subject has been opinionative page filler).

As recently observed in university debates, there is a trend that invades discussions where opinions are forcibly stifled should they not fit with the ideals of the vocal members and/or their like minded followers. Forums, like this one is suffering just the same, and its notable from individuals on both sides of a viewpoint. For the issue is not the view, ideology or opinion, but with the individuals who either knowingly or unknowingly force their opinion on others with various tactics. It doesn't really matter how they do it, be it through belittlement, insults, mockery, exaggeration, Latin terminology or use of memes; Language can be easily be insulting without using abusive words. The result however is the same, the closure of rational discussion, stifling of valid opinions and thread degeneration.

This thread is a perfect example. Groups of individuals closing down discussion, all those who have time better spent elsewhere vacate the thread and leave them to preach to their own fellows, except a select few who defies them, where it just turns nasty. This is nothing unique to Scoobynet, but a increasingly common culture amongst open discussion platforms, of which are being increasingly closed down to only to encompass the close-minded cliques.

Welcome to the modern age of social networking

Last edited by ALi-B; 28 December 2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 28 December 2017, 05:12 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Yep.

In fact, with that, I'll now bow out completely. I'll not even be back to poke a stick into the x(hornets')x sorry, harmless insects' nest.

Ta ta girls.
Old 28 December 2017, 11:02 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
Yep.

In fact, with that, I'll now bow out completely. I'll not even be back to poke a stick into the x(hornets')x sorry, harmless insects' nest.

Ta ta girls.
You’ll be back. You can’t help yourself.
Old 28 December 2017, 11:29 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Which is why the majority of scoobynet users have given it a wide berth.

It is a stereotypical internet argument encompassing the most typical of all factions. Amusing in some respects when self styled intellects can't seem to realise this, clutching at the straws to close down their chosen opponent at every new snippet of media non-news (I call it non-news, because the majority on this subject has been opinionative page filler).

As recently observed in university debates, there is a trend that invades discussions where opinions are forcibly stifled should they not fit with the ideals of the vocal members and/or their like minded followers. Forums, like this one is suffering just the same, and its notable from individuals on both sides of a viewpoint. For the issue is not the view, ideology or opinion, but with the individuals who either knowingly or unknowingly force their opinion on others with various tactics. It doesn't really matter how they do it, be it through belittlement, insults, mockery, exaggeration, Latin terminology or use of memes; Language can be easily be insulting without using abusive words. The result however is the same, the closure of rational discussion, stifling of valid opinions and thread degeneration.

This thread is a perfect example. Groups of individuals closing down discussion, all those who have time better spent elsewhere vacate the thread and leave them to preach to their own fellows, except a select few who defies them, where it just turns nasty. This is nothing unique to Scoobynet, but a increasingly common culture amongst open discussion platforms, of which are being increasingly closed down to only to encompass the close-minded cliques.

Welcome to the modern age of social networking
I think you are alluding to instances where opinion/stance is shouted down and no debate is allowed to develop. I'd agree its a significant issue, but don' think it applies to this thread. Both sides have cited arguments the other seeks to debunk or ignore, its not one-sided.

This thread is simply an example of opposing opinions causing friction. There is no subplot or insight into society; its just an emotive subject. Different personalitys deal with the empass in different ways.

Last edited by trails; 28 December 2017 at 11:30 PM. Reason: sentence was too long.
Old 29 December 2017, 11:21 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/flounce
Old 29 December 2017, 12:19 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I thought you were talking about our SI measurement

Fluid ounce
Old 29 December 2017, 12:51 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
Areas of Sweden, anyone?
What's happened in Sweden?
Old 29 December 2017, 01:11 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Some indigenous attacked a refugee centre

But a lot of weaker individuals decided it just HAD to be the other way round
Old 29 December 2017, 01:14 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Henrik
What's happened in Sweden?
have a watch of this
just about sums it up
Old 29 December 2017, 01:30 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

She unfortunately comes across a bit " Victim "
Old 29 December 2017, 02:06 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Default Malmö Sweden

This has been a huge problem to the Swedish authorities.
Old 29 December 2017, 02:58 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

My understanding of the Malmo issue is that it's mainly various criminal gangs killing each other (now it's immigrant groups, as opposed to the motorcycle gangs that used to be a problem maybe 10 years ago). As far as I am personally aware, unless you're part of these groups, it's unlikely you'l get caught up in something.

Either way, these groups (again, as far as I know), are mainly from outside of the EU anyway, so I don't think its a pro/against EU argument.
Old 29 December 2017, 06:51 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Why is uk growth worse than the rest of the world inc eurozone ( and set to get worse ) ,considering the weak pound
Old 29 December 2017, 10:59 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

all this because of the beloved left, europe changed forever thank god for brexit
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42502984

Last edited by madscoob; 29 December 2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 29 December 2017, 11:24 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6874201.html
Old 30 December 2017, 12:21 AM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

oh so thats ok then
Majority of suspects are of Algerian, Tunisian or Moroccan descent and none had recently arrived in Germany, police have reportedly said, makes it more easy to accept, at the end of the day they are all animals who have no idea of what is ok in our society
Old 30 December 2017, 12:25 AM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
all this because of the beloved left, europe changed forever thank god for brexit
to be honest i am amazed the bbc reported this, but suppose they had to because another source would of anyway
Old 30 December 2017, 02:17 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

All former French colonies.

Should they all be sent home? / France ?
Old 30 December 2017, 10:38 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is it about you people and scapegoats? It’s always somebody else’s fault isn’t it, be that the lefties/EU or any other group you dislike. It couldn’t possibly be because some of these people are **** holes, just like you find in every demographic.
Old 30 December 2017, 04:06 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Just out of interest how do you think Brexit going to affect issues like that…or are you implying that once we leave the EU we won’t have to worry about things in other countries so everything is going to be alright?
Old 30 December 2017, 04:57 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Not sure its muzzies or just darkies in general hes talking about

As for animalistic behaviour - Who does he believe they may have possibly learnt it from whilst their countries were being colonised .

Or maybe anyone not white skinned european is bound be defacto savage
Old 30 December 2017, 06:28 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Not sure its muzzies or just darkies in general hes talking about

As for animalistic behaviour - Who does he believe they may have possibly learnt it from whilst their countries were being colonised .

Or maybe anyone not white skinned european is bound be defacto savage
didn't know we have colonised tunisia morroco and somalia, not going to waste my time with a long rant but after having been to tunisia on holiday 2 years ago i now understand why they hate us so much
Old 30 December 2017, 06:45 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

No mention Somalis

but yes , they were one of our colonies

rest, French
Old 30 December 2017, 07:01 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
No mention Somalis

but yes , they were one of our colonies

rest, French
so let me get this right then , r u saying hundreds of years ago us and the french taught them how to rape n pilage ?
Old 01 January 2018, 08:56 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yet again this thread is starting to sound like 1970's Britain... darkies stealing jobs and women... Rivers of Blood.

Yet again the xenophobic old guard out in force blaming everything and everyone for their predicament... reality check... no one is entitled to anything... if the indigenous unemployed population got off their backsides there'd be no need for immigration... but nooo why should they go and clean toilets, pick fruit and veg, drive busses or serve people in macdonalds or stack supermarket shelves.

People need to take a step back and ask why all this has happened... ultimately it's apathy, laziness, corporate greed and limp wristed government that have sat by overseeing the demise of the UK for their own benefit... problem is most people are too stupid to see it... well at least 52% of the population are anyway... they prefer to listen to the propaganda put out by those that benefit and blame darkies and the EU... well just about anything but themselves and the system under which they live and perpetuate.

Now they've scored a major own goal and pulled back from what little protection they had, I can only see things getting worse for those at the lower end of the food chain.... but hey at least we've got the blue passport back.
Old 01 January 2018, 09:17 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster

People need to take a step back and ask why all this has happened... ultimately it's apathy, laziness, corporate greed and limp wristed government that have sat by overseeing the demise of the UK for their own benefit... problem is most people are too stupid to see it... well at least 52% of the population are anyway...
You have it the wrong way round!

The majority vote are sick to death of not being listened to by the list above. The 52% voted for change to force our government and big business to employ/train/educate our lazy youth, unemployed.

The 48% are those wanting the perpetuate the status quo to keep bringing in cheap labour, depressing wages, overloading the system.

After all this time and you still didn't realise you were voting for no change to deprive this countries youth a prosperous future
Old 01 January 2018, 09:40 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by andy97

The majority vote are sick to death of not being listened to by the list above. The 52% voted for change to force our government and big business to employ/train/educate our lazy youth, unemployed.

The 48% are those wanting the perpetuate the status quo to keep bringing in cheap labour, depressing wages, overloading the system.

After all this time and you still didn't realise you were voting for no change to deprive this countries youth a prosperous future
Mate I'd like nothing more than to see the outcome of all of this being a prosperous future for our youth as I have a 10yr old son that will reach maturity around the time the true effects of Brexit come to light.

You say about the 48% of which I'm 'NOT' actually a member fyi I'm a member of the "Already voted with my feet" 12yrs ago brigade in an attempt to make sure my son doesn't have to live the way I've had to... which is basically working my bollocks off just to live hand to mouth and drag myself out of the bottom segment of society... and I've still not done it yet.

I realised a long time ago that no one was going to give me anything, so I set about doing it for myself... and that's the crux of the UK's problem... too many free loaders thinking they have the 'RIGHT' to something or another because they're British born and bred... you only need to look at the likes of Alcazar's posts about his sons... although I'm not saying they are lazy because it seems they want to work... but again if there are no jobs where you are then one has to take a leaf out of the immigrants book and go to where there is work and try and make a life for yourself... simples.

But again most people are just not prepared to do that, they want it all given to them where they are... life's just not like that unfortunately... sometimes to get some... you gota GO and get some.
Old 01 January 2018, 09:54 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy97

So gov is going to make themselves responsible for making big business raise wages ?!

and at the same time provide training ( pay for )

do you recall how this worked under Thatch ?
Old 01 January 2018, 10:09 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
but again if there are no jobs where you are then one has to take a leaf out of the immigrants book and go to where there is work and try and make a life for yourself... simples.

But again most people are just not prepared to do that, they want it all given to them where they are... life's just not like that unfortunately... sometimes to get some... you gota GO and get some.
I agree. Being a member of the EU doesn't stop those with enough 'get up and do' attitude to do just that and find work/education. Its more being a member is have an easy life-give it to me attitude.

The EU operates globally as a protectionist group, supporting the local industries mostly from world competition. Internally though a facade of no barriers to people and business. But it doesn't work like that in practice. Mass production items are made in the cheaper labour sectors of the EU whilst the poorest paid migrate freely to the best paid areas and over extend the systems. This is all fine if want the EU to take full control and dis-assemble the individual countries of Europe and create just one nation(the current path), like the USA. But wait the USA doesn't truly work in that way, because they have 'States' which have their own interests and protection mechanism- like the countries of the EU.

The UK should be protectionist to its own people but seek to trade with the whole world.
Old 01 January 2018, 10:15 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
So gov is going to make themselves responsible for making big business raise wages ?!

and at the same time provide training ( pay for )

do you recall how this worked under Thatch ?
Government control via policy which influences business, by making certain decision more attractive to them financially

Thatcher instilled a go and get attitude, rely on oneself

Quick Reply: So Brexit seems to be a good thing then.