Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

So Brexit seems to be a good thing then.

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2017, 07:03 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
Seriously are you thick, read the EU FOM directive

It explicitly states EU migrants can't claim benefits without working, and if not being in work must have the means to support themselves

And can be removed within 3 months if they can't demonstrate they have a reasonable expectation of work - just read the fvcking directive

A core principles is that they must not be a burden on a host countries social services
Obviously not being applied where I live then.

I think you are deluded matey.
Old 27 December 2017, 07:26 AM
StrangelyBrown
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would they not. Qualifications on paper are meaningless without practical application. Simple really.

Having worked in Germany, Spain and the Czech Republic i think i have an understanding of what it is like to work in the EU.

You seems to be the Brexit supporter stereotype. Confused, angry man in their golden years unable to make sense of the world so want to go back to the good old days. There is nothing wrong with than but appreciate fostering that attitude only reinforces the stereotype to the point where nobody will take you seriously.

We voted to leave the EU, mainly based on misleading propaganda or no information. Are there any "benefits" to leaving the EU, what will the landscape look like after Brexit? Simply put, nobody knows, however the effects of the vote are being felt already and we are already out of pocket.
Old 27 December 2017, 08:49 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by StrangelyBrown
Why would they not. Qualifications on paper are meaningless without practical application. Simple really.

Having worked in Germany, Spain and the Czech Republic i think i have an understanding of what it is like to work in the EU.

You seems to be the Brexit supporter stereotype. Confused, angry man in their golden years unable to make sense of the world so want to go back to the good old days. There is nothing wrong with than but appreciate fostering that attitude only reinforces the stereotype to the point where nobody will take you seriously.

We voted to leave the EU, mainly based on misleading propaganda or no information. Are there any "benefits" to leaving the EU, what will the landscape look like after Brexit? Simply put, nobody knows, however the effects of the vote are being felt already and we are already out of pocket.
It’s a sentiment that runs through this entire thread. Prepare yourself for some BS based vitriol now. Predictable to say the least
Old 27 December 2017, 09:33 AM
StrangelyBrown
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trails
It’s a sentiment that runs through this entire thread. Prepare yourself for some BS based vitriol now. Predictable to say the least

Agree. We are all entitled to an opinion and free speech, however majority of those how voted leave seem conduct themselves in such a way it begs the question as to whether they are mature enough to understand the ramifications of leaving the EU.

As for the childish attitude and name calling, just goes to show the mentality we are dealing with.
Old 27 December 2017, 10:57 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Of for God's sake, wake up man. Born here from parents who have paid in.....first in the queue?

I REALLY REALLY hope that you get some negative effect from immigration this year to wake you from your stupid stupour. Your selfish attitude begs our belief.
I knew that would get you going It’s a funny logic really, I’d much rather have someone who was good at there job over someone who’s parents have “paid in”.

As for selfish attitude, it’s no more selfish than yours. Why should the rest of us suffer just because you’ve had a few bad experiences with immigrants?
Old 27 December 2017, 12:54 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Agree. We are all entitled to an opinion and free speech, however majority of those how voted leave seem conduct themselves in such a way it begs the question as to whether they are mature enough to understand the ramifications of leaving the EU.

As for the childish attitude and name calling, just goes to show the mentality we are dealing with.
I think you are confusing those who voted out with those who voted remain.

MOST of the vitriol, name calling and general bad manners have come from the Remongs.

That which has come from me has been in answer to having been called names time and time again, after asking for it to stop....but no, Remongs are such thickies they cannot argue without name calling.
Old 27 December 2017, 12:55 PM
Mr Fuji
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Obviously not being applied where I live then.

I think you are deluded matey.
If it's not being applied, then it's not the EU's fault, is it?

I see you dragged up your IAJFEE bollocks again, which is ironic considering that is exactly the attitude you display, being of an age where Brexit won't really affect you, but may well have profound repercussions on future generations.

Of course, people do tend to vote on their own, personal experience, and immigration may have caused you personally some issues, but overall for the country, it is a good thing. As for them 'stealing our jobs' and 'coming over here for benefits', which is it? They can't do both.

The UK unemployment figures have not risen as immigration has risen, your assertion has no merit whatsoever. What we will face, post Wrexit, is a sever shortage in the service industries, medicine, construction and the more menial jobs which immigrants perform. You seem unable to tackle that one, not unsurprisingly.
Old 27 December 2017, 12:55 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
I knew that would get you going It’s a funny logic really, I’d much rather have someone who was good at there job over someone who’s parents have “paid in”.

As for selfish attitude, it’s no more selfish than yours. Why should the rest of us suffer just because you’ve had a few bad experiences with immigrants?

The mills of God, and all that.

You will have your Karma, I just hope I live to laugh at it.
Old 27 December 2017, 01:06 PM
StrangelyBrown
Scooby Regular

I think you are confusing those who voted out with those who voted remain.

MOST of the vitriol, name calling and general bad manners have come from the Remongs.

That which has come from me has been in answer to having been called names time and time again, after asking for it to stop....but no, Remongs are such thickies they cannot argue without name calling.

Irony.
Old 27 December 2017, 01:08 PM
StrangelyBrown
Scooby Regular

Typical bitter twisted comment we have come to expect from those devoid of joy in their life.
Old 27 December 2017, 01:13 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Fuji
If it's not being applied, then it's not the EU's fault, is it?
So WHO THE DOUBLE F*CK decided it was a good idea to have complete Freedom of Movement, because if it wasn't the EU, I'm at a loss.

I see you dragged up your IAJFEE bollocks again, which is ironic considering that is exactly the attitude you display, being of an age where Brexit won't really affect you, but may well have profound repercussions on future generations.
Utter nonsense. You have NO IDEA what effect it will, or won't have, and neither have any of your so-called experts.
Yet I HAVE evidence of the negative effects of uncontrolled immigration, and not just into the UK. Merkel's Germany, anyone? Areas of Sweden, anyone?

Of course, people do tend to vote on their own, personal experience, and immigration may have caused you personally some issues, but overall for the country, it is a good thing. As for them 'stealing our jobs' and 'coming over here for benefits', which is it? They can't do both.
More cr@pulon....even those who work are generally on min wage or below, so claim benefits, pay little or nothing into the economy, yet take school places, NHS places, housing, and any benefits that go with.
Add to that the general deprtession of wages...and you lot have the temerity to call ME selfish????

The UK unemployment figures have not risen as immigration has risen, your assertion has no merit whatsoever. What we will face, post Wrexit, is a sever shortage in the service industries, medicine, construction and the more menial jobs which immigrants perform. You seem unable to tackle that one, not unsurprisingly.
Really? You seem so sure of your pathetic lies.

One question destroys your (lack of ) logic:

WHO DID ALL THOSE JOBS BEFORE WE OPENED THE DOORS TO THE EASTERN EUROPEANS?
Because we sure as flying fek DID NOT have full employment.....

Take your time...I'm sure your answer will be amusing
Old 27 December 2017, 01:14 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Typical bitter twisted comment we have come to expect from those devoid of joy in their life.
LOL, where is your snowflake concern when I am repeatedly told I won't live to see the effects so should have no say?

Where, when I am referred to as Alzheimers?

Keep your hypocritical feelings to your pathetic self

PS: try reading some of the things I've been called, try reading the post after post after post when I tried to STOP the name calling.

THEN try irony?

Last edited by alcazar; 27 December 2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 27 December 2017, 01:16 PM
StrangelyBrown
Scooby Regular

LOL, where is your snowflake concern when I am repeatedly told I won't live to see the effects so should have no say?

Where, when I am referred to as Alzheimers?

Keep your hypocritical feelings to your pathetic self

PS: try reading some of the things I've been called, try reading the post after post after post when I tried to STOP the name calling.

THEN try irony?

Triggered
Old 27 December 2017, 01:23 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Utter nonsense. You have NO IDEA what effect it will, or won't have, and neither have any of your so-called experts.
Yet I HAVE evidence of the negative effects of uncontrolled immigration, and not just into the UK. Merkel's Germany, anyone? Areas of Sweden, anyone?

Its not uncontrolled though , is it ! these people apply for asylum

youve basically just made it up !

how can we take you and other brexiters seriously ?
Old 27 December 2017, 03:09 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

What a wonderful human being you are.
Old 27 December 2017, 03:17 PM
Mr Fuji
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

So WHO THE DOUBLE F*CK decided it was a good idea to have complete Freedom of Movement, because if it wasn't the EU, I'm at a loss.

More cr@pulon....even those who work are generally on min wage or below, so claim benefits, pay little or nothing into the economy, yet take school places, NHS places, housing, and any benefits that go with.
Add to that the general deprtession of wages...and you lot have the temerity to call ME selfish????

Really? You seem so sure of your pathetic lies.

One question destroys your (lack of ) logic:

WHO DID ALL THOSE JOBS BEFORE WE OPENED THE DOORS TO THE EASTERN EUROPEANS?
Because we sure as flying fek DID NOT have full employment.....

Take your time...I'm sure your answer will be amusing
Immigrants are nett contributors to the economy, nothing more needs to be said. Even if there are some claiming benefits, they are more than compensated for by the rest. It's not difficult.

If we were to take your stance, we would have no motorways because building the M1 was in inconvenience for me, so I'll stop something that benefits the nation. IAJFEE, eh?
Old 27 December 2017, 06:13 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb

Its not uncontrolled though , is it ! these people apply for asylum

youve basically just made it up !

how can we take you and other brexiters seriously ?
Apply for asylum? FROM WHAT??????

You are dso naive as to be stupid.
THEY ARE ECONOMIC MIGRANTS.

That's why there are no old people, hardly any women and no REAL children.
Old 27 December 2017, 06:15 PM
StrangelyBrown
Scooby Regular

Apply for asylum? FROM WHAT??????

You are dso naive as to be stupid.
THEY ARE ECONOMIC MIGRANTS.

That's why there are no old people, hardly any women and no REAL children.
Next thing you'll be saying you have the up most respect for Britain First
Old 27 December 2017, 06:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Immigrants are nett contributors to the economy, nothing more needs to be said. Even if there are some claiming benefits, they are more than compensated for by the rest. It's not difficult.
Who says? Even taking into account the school places, the housing, the benefits, the NHS use?

If you seriously believe that YOU are as thick as Dull ***** Boy.

If we were to take your stance, we would have no motorways because building the M1 was in inconvenience for me, so I'll stop something that benefits the nation. IAJFEE, eh?
I thinks that's what's called a strawman argument? Look it up.
Old 27 December 2017, 06:16 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Next thing you'll be saying you have the up most respect for Britain First
Strawman argument, try to keep up.
Old 27 December 2017, 06:17 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
What a wonderful human being you are.
Why thanks you.
You, unfortunately are a give-but-can't-take person and a hypocrite.
Old 27 December 2017, 06:22 PM
StrangelyBrown
Scooby Regular

Strawman argument, try to keep up.
What you grasping at straws?
Old 27 December 2017, 06:27 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

oh dear oh dear, not much point arguing with someone whos made up their mind
Old 27 December 2017, 06:31 PM
StrangelyBrown
Scooby Regular

The school yard name calling, caps lock attitude and "fake news" approach to proven facts are the version reason why the narrow minded Brexit drum bangers will never be taken seriously outside of their gene pool.
Old 27 December 2017, 06:34 PM
StrangelyBrown
Scooby Regular

I'm all for discussing brexit, however the way certain people believe their opinion matters most so they shout, scream above others to ensure they get their point across makes it difficult to have a meaningful conversation.
Old 27 December 2017, 11:18 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Why thanks you.
You, unfortunately are a give-but-can't-take person and a hypocrite.
Pot calling the kettle black much?
Old 28 December 2017, 08:37 AM
Reinhold
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
oh dear oh dear, not much point arguing with someone whos made up their mind

Having struggled through this thread I've seen no evidence of anyone being persuaded to change their mind.
Old 28 December 2017, 09:24 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Once youve attained a certain vintage you can only see things through rose tinted !

As you yearn for as they used to be in child hood , not realising the world has moved on

perfectly understandable
Old 28 December 2017, 12:11 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I agree Reinhold.

if these Remongs had even one braincell between them, they'd shrug and IN THE BRITISH WAY, get on with it.

But they don't.
They cry, weep, gnash their teeth, p*ss and moan.

Just like a crowd of old ladies.
Old 28 December 2017, 12:26 PM
StrangelyBrown
Scooby Regular

I agree Reinhold.

if these Remongs had even one braincell between them, they'd shrug and IN THE BRITISH WAY, get on with it.

But they don't.
They cry, weep, gnash their teeth, p*ss and moan.

Just like a crowd of old ladies.

You want to be taken seriously yet result to childish name calling - grow up kiddo. One day you'll understand what it is to be British. Until then learn from others.

Quick Reply: So Brexit seems to be a good thing then.