Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What's the law on buying a used car ?

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2016, 11:24 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Oh dear, the bellend is at it again, fighting the law ffs!
He definitely was abused at school me thinks.
Old 25 September 2016, 11:25 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

So would you drive car without tax then?
Old 25 September 2016, 11:31 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Because you have no right to that information. It has diddly squat to do with you. You are not thr police force and cannot physically stop me from doing any of those if i so chose.

I dont. But its my choice if i do or not. Yes it must have these but you are not the police force and there is the sum total of diddly squat ypu can do to stop someone.

Once the deal is done, money paid, the car is no longer your concern. I very much doubt you could stop someone taking it away, in fact id love to see you try. Call the police or whatever if they leave without tax but you cant make them do squat.

I could tax it infront of you. Get the keys and immediately cancel it, tell you, and laugh as i drive away in it.... Your process is a joke lol
To be fair, you're coming across as a bit of a chav pr!ck.

My name is XXXX, and I'll do what I want !!!

It's irresponsible arrogant people like you who drive around either uninsured or untaxed that put all our premiums up after you cause an accident or injured someone. We pick up the tab because `you` think `you` can do what `you` want.

Take out insurance or tax and then cancel it straight away? You may think `you` are clever and `you` have beaten the system. But basically `you` are a complete scummy chav.
Old 25 September 2016, 11:37 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Oh dear, the bellend is at it again, fighting the law ffs!
He definitely was abused at school me thinks.
Wouldnt take long until you popped up. **** off back to your hole.... i do wonder if you fancy me or something following me round a website like a little lost puppy....

Oh and please show me where it says it in law where the dealership can hold you there until it is taxed?

Originally Posted by stilover
To be fair, you're coming across as a bit of a chav pr!ck.

My name is XXXX, and I'll do what I want !!!

It's irresponsible arrogant people like you who drive around either uninsured or untaxed that put all our premiums up after you cause an accident or injured someone. We pick up the tab because `you` think `you` can do what `you` want.

Take out insurance or tax and then cancel it straight away? You may think `you` are clever and `you` have beaten the system. But basically `you` are a complete scummy chav.
I never said i do or would do it. Just that if you were so inclined you could....

So before you start throwing personal attacks learn to read. ****ing muppet.

Edited previous post for those hard of reading.

Last edited by JGlanzaV; 25 September 2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 25 September 2016, 12:01 PM
TheVoices
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

Because you have no right to that information. It has diddly squat to do with you. You are not thr police force and cannot physically stop me from doing any of those IF i so chose.

I DONT. But its my choice if i do or not.
Yes it must have these but you are not the police force and there is the sum total of diddly squat ypu can do to stop someone.

Once the deal is done, money paid, the car is no longer your concern. I very much doubt you could stop someone taking it away, in fact id love to see you try. Call the police or whatever if they leave without tax but you cant make them do squat.

I could tax it infront of you. Get the keys and immediately cancel it, tell you, and laugh as i drive away in it.... Your process is a joke lol

Unfortunately you are missing the point, until I have that information, I would not take your money !

The car is not yours until you pay for it or sign the finance documents.

If you were unwilling to provide the information, we would not take your money, so you would not be driving away in anything !

We are not under any obligation to sell you the car unless you comply with our terms and conditions, if you are not happy with those terms and conditions, you are at liberty to purchase elsewhere.

If a dealer is happy to let someone drive away without ensuring that the car can legally be driven away, ie. insured, taxed and that the driver has a valid license, more fool them !

Incidentally, it is a condition of any finance agreement that the car is kept comprehensively insured, so we need to see insurance for every finance customer anyway as well as their driving license as proof of ID.

The majority of our cars are sold on finance so we need the information before the vehicle handover takes place.

Why would you argue the point for not providing simple information that proves that the vehicle is able to be driven away legally ?

As you say, we are not the police but we do have a responsibility to ensure that we have done everything we can to make sure that the vehicle is able to be used on the road legally before it leaves our premises.

Unless of course someone is collecting the car by transporter ?
Old 25 September 2016, 12:26 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Loooool, now where have I said a dealer can hold your car mr grumpy??? Please point that post out?

If I was following you around the website, then I'd be posting on every single thread you post on, as your quite busy on here clearly.
But I don't frequent the threads or posts that interest me so don't have the time to waste.
But however this thread, is so funny from you and your comments it's encouraging for me to actually see how ridiculous you are.

You still didn't answer my other post regarding if you would drive a car with no tax? Which I'm guessing you would seen as you purposely missed it out and quoted the other one.

You really are a prize bellend and you show it, more you post how much of a silly 'chav' kid you are looooooool.
Old 25 September 2016, 12:29 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

I bought a DS3 for my wife a couple of years ago from a Citroen main dealer. They took a small £199 holding deposit which was repaid by taxing the vehicle and the rest being paid back on to my debit card upon completion. At the time of taking the deposit they also took a photo copy of my licence. On hand over day I asked if they needed to see a copy of my insurance for which the salesman said that they no longer had to see proof of insurance.

I wish she had kept that car because we wouldn't be having the $hit we are having now with a brandnew Nissan!
Old 25 September 2016, 12:55 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Loooool, now where have I said a dealer can hold your car mr grumpy??? Please point that post out?

If I was following you around the website, then I'd be posting on every single thread you post on, as your quite busy on here clearly.
But I don't frequent the threads or posts that interest me so don't have the time to waste.
But however this thread, is so funny from you and your comments it's encouraging for me to actually see how ridiculous you are.

You still didn't answer my other post regarding if you would drive a car with no tax? Which I'm guessing you would seen as you purposely missed it out and quoted the other one.

You really are a prize bellend and you show it, more you post how much of a silly 'chav' kid you are looooooool.

I see reading is not one of your strong points. I have already pointed out various times, even in bold for the hard of reading the answer. So before you start trying to put words into peoples mouths and makong assumptions. Why dont you go back to school and learn to read?

I know round your way is a bit poverty stricken, but i dont think that can be used as an excuse for just been a ****ing idiot.

You spend half your time on here following me round like a lost puppy. Maybe your mother didnt give you the love and affection you needed as a child or something. Id seek out professional help, you need it.
Old 25 September 2016, 01:15 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

I see reading is not one of your strong points. I have already pointed out various times, even in bold for the hard of reading the answer. So before you start trying to put words into peoples mouths and makong assumptions. Why dont you go back to school and learn to read?

I know round your way is a bit poverty stricken, but i dont think that can be used as an excuse for just been a ****ing idiot.

You spend half your time on here following me round like a lost puppy. Maybe your mother didnt give you the love and affection you needed as a child or something. Id seek out professional help, you need it.
You quoted me, by saying car dealer don't have the right to ask for proof of tax, or words to that effect (post 34),I did not say that, all I said was you have to tax vehicle by law before you drive it, so yes I did read.
And bringing my mother into it is totally uncalled for as she is dead but I'll leave that till we meet!
The rest is sticks and stones. Choose your words carefully

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 25 September 2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 25 September 2016, 01:32 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

You quoted me, by saying car dealer don't have the right to ask for proof of tax, or words to that effect (post 34),I did not say that, all I said was you have to tax vehicle by law before you drive it, so yes I did read.
And bringing my mother into it is totally uncalled for as she is dead but I'll leave that till we meet!
The rest is sticks and stones. Choose your words carefully
Threats on a public forum? Thats very wise of you.... You are the one following me round dishing it out, dont get all butt hurt when people dish it back. Typical bully behaviour, happy to dish it out but cant handle when people give it back. You only posted here giving me abuse and having a pop at me so dont expect a welcoming reply you idiot....

As for meeting you ive already said previously I wouldnt wish that misfortune on anyone.....

If you had read my posts i already mentioned that i would not drive without tax etc! So your baits and drivel and trying to call me out didnt really work did it....?
Old 25 September 2016, 01:40 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Threats on a public forum? Thats very wise of you.... You are the one following me round dishing it out, dont get all butt hurt when people dish it back. Typical bully behaviour, happy to dish it out but cant handle when people give it back. You only posted here giving me abuse and having a pop at me so dont expect a welcoming reply you idiot....

As for meeting you ive already said previously I wouldnt wish that misfortune on anyone.....

If you had read my posts i already mentioned that i would not drive without tax etc! So your baits and drivel and trying to call me out didnt really work did it....?
Typcal open forum reply wirh no remorse!
i dont care, fact is your bringing my family into it, which ive never done to anyone, nor feel the need to. Simple as that really.
Cry to the police if you want, fact is you said it, so take it as you wish.
As said before you quoted ME, not everybody else, so i was simply saying that i didn't actually say that. But instead you just only read what you want to and then give me speech lessons.

Report me to whoever you want, you bring my mother into it, youre getting it, simple as that really.

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 25 September 2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 25 September 2016, 01:48 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

JGlanzaV

Please learn to be polite and I suggest you only post on threads where you know what you are talking about.

Or better stlll just bugger off.

dl
Old 25 September 2016, 01:49 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TheVoices
No car leaves our showroom without proof of insurance, valid tax and a copy of the purchasers driving license.

This is part of our 'duty of care' as a retailer to ensure that we have done all we can to ensure that the car and driver are on the road 'legally' when the vehicle drives away from our dealership.

We make this clear at point of sale, if the customer is not happy with this, they are more than welcome to purchase elsewhere.

Originally Posted by TheVoices
Unfortunately you are missing the point, until I have that information, I would not take your money !

The car is not yours until you pay for it or sign the finance documents.

If you were unwilling to provide the information, we would not take your money, so you would not be driving away in anything !

We are not under any obligation to sell you the car unless you comply with our terms and conditions, if you are not happy with those terms and conditions, you are at liberty to purchase elsewhere.

If a dealer is happy to let someone drive away without ensuring that the car can legally be driven away, ie. insured, taxed and that the driver has a valid license, more fool them !

Incidentally, it is a condition of any finance agreement that the car is kept comprehensively insured, so we need to see insurance for every finance customer anyway as well as their driving license as proof of ID.

The majority of our cars are sold on finance so we need the information before the vehicle handover takes place.

Why would you argue the point for not providing simple information that proves that the vehicle is able to be driven away legally ?

As you say, we are not the police but we do have a responsibility to ensure that we have done everything we can to make sure that the vehicle is able to be used on the road legally before it leaves our premises.

Unless of course someone is collecting the car by transporter ?
You're the voice of reason on this thread, TheVoices. Well said on the topic.
Old 25 September 2016, 01:52 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Typcal open forum reply wirh no remorse!
i dont care, fact is your bringing my family into it, which ive never done to anyone, nor feel the need to. Simple as that really.
Cry to the police if you want, fact is you said it, so take it as you wish.
As said before you quoted ME, not everybody else, so i was simply saying that i didn't actually say that. But instead you just only read what you want to and then give me speech lessons.

Report me to whoever you want, you bring my mother into it, youre getting it, simple as that really.
Keyboard warrior on the interwebs..... seriously man grow up.

Ive said it so many times, dont like what i write leave me the **** alone and dont continue to troll me at every opportunity.

Dont come here and write a post calling me a bellend etc and not expect something back. Cant take the heat get out of the fire.

Youre not big or tough, so drop the act, dont bully people and then get all hurt when they bite back. Its even more pathetic to threaten people over the net lol.

Btw, my mother is dead too, not that it would matter one signle jot what some fool on the internet thought about it.....
Old 25 September 2016, 01:52 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
JGlanzaV

Please learn to be polite and I suggest you only post on threads where you know what you are talking about.

dl
Yawn.
Old 25 September 2016, 02:43 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Keyboard warrior on the interwebs..... seriously man grow up.

Ive said it so many times, dont like what i write leave me the **** alone and dont continue to troll me at every opportunity.

Dont come here and write a post calling me a bellend etc and not expect something back. Cant take the heat get out of the fire.

Youre not big or tough, so drop the act, dont bully people and then get all hurt when they bite back. Its even more pathetic to threaten people over the net lol.

Btw, my mother is dead too, not that it would matter one signle jot what some fool on the internet thought about it.....
As said before everything else is sticks and stones if you care to read properly seen as you keep saying.
And yes i do care when someone brings my mother into it, you might not care but then that just shows the type of delusional person you are thinking its ok.
If im not big enough then care to say it to my face about my mother??
The keyboard warrior will be proven don't worry.
Again, if i follow you around then id be posting everyday, no?
Take a look at this thread for example and tell me how many folks you are having a go at?
I wouldn't dream of slagging anyones family, including yours, but thats just me.
As said im not having it, simple.

Do you not have and regret by bringing someone's family into it?? Please answer honestly.

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 25 September 2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 25 September 2016, 02:53 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

As said before everything else is sticks and stones if you care to read properly seen as you keep saying.
And yes i do care when someone brings my mother into it, you might no care but then that just shows the type of delusional person you are thinking its ok.
If im not big enough then care to say it to my face about my mother??
The keyboard warrior will be proven don't worry.
I wouldn't dream of slagging anyones family, including yours, but thats just me.
As said im not gaving it, simple.

Do you not have and regret by bringing someone's family into it?? Please answer honestly.
Regret for what? Making an offensive comment to you like you have been doing to me for months? Not so nice when the boot is on the other foot is it?

It may have been in bad taste but thats what happens when you continue constantly digging at someone, eventually thet get fed up of it and bite back.
Old 25 September 2016, 03:07 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Regret for what? Making an offensive comment to you like you have been doing to me for months? Not so nice when the boot is on the other foot is it?

It may have been in bad taste but thats what happens when you continue constantly digging at someone, eventually thet get fed up of it and bite back.
Dodging the actual issue again,
Dont be silly and just reply properly, you have been offensive to me just as much so answer properly.
Ive said it nermerous times, that dont bother me. (If you read instead of repeating yourself, and you tell me i need sone lessons)
You think bringing my family into it to score better points is ok?
Obviously you just have no limits, its ok ill leave the keyboard warrior for another day seen as your not man enough to accept that you crossed the line.
Time will tell.

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 25 September 2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 25 September 2016, 03:09 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

**** it, i deal with the mother comment face to face, not wasting my time here as clearly you have no morrals
Old 25 September 2016, 03:11 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
JGlanzaV

dl
Agree, and he wonders why folk are being offensive to him, then he brings your family into it.
Old 25 September 2016, 03:44 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Not sure I see a point in taking the risk? for the sake of going online (on your phone even) or calling up.

A dealer won't let you leave without tax either.
Ok, let me clarify my post

I bought a car (privately) a couple of months ago - it was the first car I have bought since the new VED rules came in

I don't really buy cars that often - roughly one every 10 years

I was under the impression that as soon as I concluded the paper/financial work at the sellers house (@ 8.00pm on a Thursday night) because the VED is NON transferable the car is not taxed at that point

so it's quite late - I have my wife and one of my twins with me, we are in Milton Keynes and keen to drive back home, myself in the new car and my wife in a second car (approx. 70 mins)

I simply could not be arsed to start farting about taxing it - so we drove home

woke up next morning and taxed it online

I suppose technically I could have been stopped - in which case I would have explained the situation very very politely
Old 25 September 2016, 03:53 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

99% sure your insured if not taxed but not insured if no MOT.
Old 25 September 2016, 03:55 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

yea I would be surprised if no tax invalidates your insurance
Old 25 September 2016, 04:06 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

For the sake of the hassle in case you get stopped on way home depending on how lenient the officer is, may aswell tax before you dive it as your taxing it the following day anyway.
And yes you're not insured if anything happens like an accident etc.
Ive known folk to drive car home on other persons tax as it wont ping on anpr to to save hassle of taxing it there and then but then thats at owners risk again
Old 25 September 2016, 04:08 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
I was under the impression that as soon as I concluded the paper/financial work at the sellers house (@ 8.00pm on a Thursday night) because the VED is NON transferable the car is not taxed at that point
That's how it works in theory. In practice it takes a couple of days for the paper work to get to the DVLA (assuming posted on the day if sale). So you've got atleast a couple of days grace where the car will still show as taxed with the previous owner and that's without getting into how long it takes the DVLA to update their records.

Though of course everything I've just said does assume no one actually bothers to check, I.e. You won't flag up on ANPR. A police vehicle check maybe a little more awkward.
Old 25 September 2016, 04:35 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

**** it, i deal with the mother comment face to face, not wasting my time here as clearly you have no morrals
Really?

What time will you be here? Ill put out the bunting....
Old 25 September 2016, 05:08 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Old bill do nothing with no tax.
Dvla only
Old 25 September 2016, 05:43 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Really?

What time will you be here? Ill put out the bunting....
Head shake

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 25 September 2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old 25 September 2016, 05:53 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Hey Bustamoves, I read your post before you edited. I was going to reserve me a ticket for something like this:

Never mind.
Old 25 September 2016, 06:10 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Hey Bustamoves, I read your post before you edited. I was going to reserve me a ticket for something like this:

Laurel & Hardy - There's going to be a fight - YouTube

Never mind.
Lol, I decided I couldn't be arsed with his parrot replys.

Quick Reply: What's the law on buying a used car ?