Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Trump

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2017, 02:07 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Trump may be a narcissistic psycho but he is not an idiot. He has seized the opportunity presented and grabbed it with both hands and feet. Bomb Syria and all talk of the nuclear option for the US Justice, Wall, Russia entanglement with elections etc gets put on a shelf and the bombing becomes the main focus.

If you think Trump gives a **** about the Syrian people I think you need to give your head a wobble.
Old 07 April 2017, 03:45 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2

If you think Trump gives a **** about the Syrian people I think you need to give your head a wobble.
Well I'm certainly no fan of Trump and he gained a lot politically from this. But I think it may be a bit harsh to accuse him of being completely uncaring. You really have to be a complete and utter b,astard not to be moved by the plight of kids frothing at the mouth in agony as they died. I don't think even Trump falls into that category.

I was interested to hear that there is an excellent antidote for Sarin but it has to be given quickly which wasn't possible in the circumstances.

David
Old 07 April 2017, 04:08 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by David Lock
Well I'm certainly no fan of Trump and he gained a lot politically from this. But I think it may be a bit harsh to accuse him of being completely uncaring. You really have to be a complete and utter b,astard not to be moved by the plight of kids frothing at the mouth in agony as they died. I don't think even Trump falls into that category.

I was interested to hear that there is an excellent antidote for Sarin but it has to be given quickly which wasn't possible in the circumstances.

David
He's perfectly happy to see kids, old people and poor people dying and getting sick from lack of good healthcare or clean water in his own country, so he's not gonna suddenly become Mother Theresa about Syria right now, imo.

It's political, that is it.
Old 07 April 2017, 04:11 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Torquemada
He's perfectly happy to see kids, old people and poor people dying and getting sick from lack of good healthcare or clean water in his own country, so he's not gonna suddenly become Mother Theresa about Syria right now, imo.

Biggest issue is what ever he tries to do people will block it, good or bad just to give him the middle finger. nothing is gonna get done in the US over the next 4 years purely out of spite.
Old 07 April 2017, 04:35 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
Biggest issue is what ever he tries to do people will block it, good or bad just to give him the middle finger. nothing is gonna get done in the US over the next 4 years purely out of spite.
No, this is not the issue that he has. He is coming up with idiotic ideas and those are being RIGHTLY blocked. The republicans previously blocked lots of good ideas being brought in by Obama.

Yes, opponents often try to block the existing leaderships decisions/plans/actions out of trying to stop their 'opposition'. This guy is a fecking joke, though.
Old 07 April 2017, 04:44 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

No, this is not the issue that he has. He is coming up with idiotic ideas and those are being RIGHTLY blocked. The republicans previously blocked lots of good ideas being brought in by Obama.

Yes, opponents often try to block the existing leaderships decisions/plans/actions out of trying to stop their 'opposition'. This guy is a fecking joke, though.
seems to depend on your point of view. Def dividing the US that's for sure
Old 07 April 2017, 05:29 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Which is a good thing !
Old 07 April 2017, 06:14 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

seems to depend on your point of view. Def dividing the US that's for sure
That I certainly agree on!! Currently he is spending millions of our taxpayers $ on going on golfing trips - he's been on many in the extremely short time he has been in office.

He is also getting the worst ratings of any president in history, for the tenure he has had.
Old 07 April 2017, 06:20 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This will be a wake-up call for the North Koreans. Even they must now be aware that Trump's recent threat against them might be of serious concern.
Old 08 April 2017, 10:04 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

What kind bomb destroys those concrete bridge/bunker things they've hidden their planes under ??

had to laugh when their lady defence ? minster talked of the bomb site as an Airport

- its not ever been designed civilian traffic has it not !!?
Old 08 April 2017, 12:07 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dpb
What kind bomb destroys those concrete bridge/bunker things they've hidden their planes under ??

had to laugh when their lady defence ? minster talked of the bomb site as an Airport

- its not ever been designed civilian traffic has it not !!?

What's a kind bomb? Does it shout 'run for it' and give you 30 secs before it explodes?
Old 08 April 2017, 12:40 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
What's a kind bomb? Does it shout 'run for it' and give you 30 secs before it explodes?

I think our English professor Mr. Duncan was too hungry, so he ate the 'of', which could have been between 'kind' and 'bomb' words.

You've given a great laugh on such a beautiful, sunny day, Paben! Thanks!
Old 08 April 2017, 12:58 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

It's always great to have the perspective from the people who live in States, if the event relates to the States. Otherwise, distant, Googlogist arm chair critics debate the matter with their 'as far as they can see' eye, and end up developing erroneous image of the whole thing.

Last night, in the newspaper analysis, a panel participant also said that if the drama queen Trump is so sensitive to the Syrian children of God, then let's see him letting his borders wide open for Syrian refugee children of God.

I'm not sure what substantial and worthy political gain it provides to Trump, U.S. Admin or U.S. Again, from where I'm sitting, I see the loss of the Trump's goodwill in the eyes of Putin, the Russian leader.

Is the political gain the image facelift to the globe and positive poll gain within the U.S.?
Old 08 April 2017, 01:24 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
So were they deliberately avoiding those bunkers/hangers ?
Old 08 April 2017, 05:29 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
It's always great to have the perspective from the people who live in States, if the event relates to the States. Otherwise, distant, Googlogist arm chair critics debate the matter with their 'as far as they can see' eye, and end up developing erroneous image of the whole thing.

Last night, in the newspaper analysis, a panel participant also said that if the drama queen Trump is so sensitive to the Syrian children of God, then let's see him letting his borders wide open for Syrian refugee children of God.

I'm not sure what substantial and worthy political gain it provides to Trump, U.S. Admin or U.S. Again, from where I'm sitting, I see the loss of the Trump's goodwill in the eyes of Putin, the Russian leader.

Is the political gain the image facelift to the globe and positive poll gain within the U.S.?
It is interesting to be here and actually experience it all first hand, it's changed the way I thought of America and American's a lot. I don't quite see ALL of them as the maniacs that I used to see them as. I married an American, so they can't all be bad

There are many here who will just see him taking military action as showing American strength and therefore him being a good leader. Also there are people saying Bush was clearly right about WMD in Iraq and they just went to Syria (I have no idea but that sounds like a reach, maybe it's true, eff knows). So, the current/ex military voters/people will probably be saying this just shows that Trump means business, when I believe it's really just something to get people on his side and a good way of taking the focus off of what a moron he really is and keep peoples minds off of the shenanigans with Russia.

People here are so afraid of the world. The whole of Dallas was freaking out and calling 911 because our Tornado/Air Raid sirens went off for 3 hours last night, due to malfunctions - I'm talking about next level "it's the end of the world" kind of freaking out, lol.

So the above gives you the kind of insight into a large number of American's mind sets.
Old 09 April 2017, 10:24 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

It is interesting to be here and actually experience it all first hand, it's changed the way I thought of America and American's a lot. I don't quite see ALL of them as the maniacs that I used to see them as. I married an American, so they can't all be bad

There are many here who will just see him taking military action as showing American strength and therefore him being a good leader. Also there are people saying Bush was clearly right about WMD in Iraq and they just went to Syria (I have no idea but that sounds like a reach, maybe it's true, eff knows). So, the current/ex military voters/people will probably be saying this just shows that Trump means business, when I believe it's really just something to get people on his side and a good way of taking the focus off of what a moron he really is and keep peoples minds off of the shenanigans with Russia.

People here are so afraid of the world. The whole of Dallas was freaking out and calling 911 because our Tornado/Air Raid sirens went off for 3 hours last night, due to malfunctions - I'm talking about next level "it's the end of the world" kind of freaking out, lol.

So the above gives you the kind of insight into a large number of American's mind sets.
I get your point, T. Thanks.

Meanwhile:

Peter Ford sceptical on BBC:

....and a friend posted this link on FB that Washington could be fibbing:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/united-...eapons/5583988
Old 09 April 2017, 10:47 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

And maybe Saddam just shuffled the wmd across border into Syrai last time ....
Old 09 April 2017, 10:53 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
And maybe Saddam just shuffled the wmd across border into Syrai last time ....

It certainly provokes the thought that the facts could be so different to the Western propaganda.

Last edited by Turbohot; 09 April 2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09 April 2017, 10:58 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

It certainly provokes the thought that the facts could be so different to the Western propaganda.
Just a shame so few people actually bother to think these days.
Old 09 April 2017, 11:03 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

you really think trump did this just to boost his ratings back home ?
Old 09 April 2017, 11:19 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
Just a shame so few people actually bother to think these days.

True.

Originally Posted by dpb
No, he did it because the sun is shining through his bum on a nice day like this, which is making Britain feel lovely today.

Politics in action is far more complex and bluffing than in theory and the arm chair critic conclusions, as to why Trump 'really' did this.

You can't be sure from the Brighton beach on your surfing board, of why Trump did that. I still take Torque's point on Trump from the American pad itself, and that doesn't mean deriving just that one and only conclusion.
Old 09 April 2017, 06:37 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
It's entirely possible, it certainly makes for a convenient distraction.
Old 10 April 2017, 03:55 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

i'm yet to find a main stream news organisation that isn't suffering from bias, BBC, RT etc etc

Last edited by Tidgy; 10 April 2017 at 03:56 PM.
Old 25 April 2017, 03:12 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ind...281.html%3Famp

What diplomacy lol , he's right about this shower though

Rwanda anyone ...
Old 28 April 2017, 07:54 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ind...746.html%3Famp