Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Most frightening thing you will ever see..

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2002, 07:38 PM
Luke
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Tonight BBC2 ,9.00pm.

Old 06 June 2002, 07:38 PM
apkadb
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sickening is a more appropriate word.
Old 06 June 2002, 07:46 PM
Luke
BANNED

I use the word "Frightening" as its not just what they do ...Its the fact of who they tend to be..Family ,friends etc.
Old 06 June 2002, 10:13 PM
GarnetFox
Scooby Regular

I'm watching it now. The fact that man believes he is innocent makes me want to chuck. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I'm not a violent person, but shove them in prison and let the other inmates destroy them. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06 June 2002, 10:29 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Talking

Missed it, what we talking about here?
Old 06 June 2002, 10:40 PM
GarnetFox
Scooby Regular

It was a documentary on the police search for paedophiles.
Old 06 June 2002, 10:48 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

It was fscking sickening. I rarely get angry but would quite happily baseball bat any of those ***** to a bloody pulp.

Steve
Old 06 June 2002, 10:59 PM
Luke
BANNED

I cannot believe what they showed..... I Knew it would be difficult ,but some of the videos and photographs..... And as for that man who taped his telephone conversation. That poor girl dressed up in bondage gear.

I find one of the most difficult thing to understand is some of the Police and legal systems of this world... They must know in places like Thialand ,India etc... This is going on.. They know the gangs and places these things go on.."Back handers" must be payed out to let them get away with it.

And Then some ****ED UP BRITISH JUDGE gives a two year sentence!!!! 2; years, jesus for ****s sake. Sorry but all those jokes that go around about MP's and Lords,judges etc been perverts makes me wonder if they find these type of crimes down at the bottom of the list...

IF you are a Judge and you think 2 years is ok (and giving bail) then you should not be in the position you are in.
Old 07 June 2002, 12:49 AM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
It was powerful and distressing. I did not watch the Newsnight follow-up and will not watch the sequel episodes.

The police derserve major credit for their role, but the judicial system lets us all down.

Sickening reflection of society.

Richard.
Old 07 June 2002, 01:54 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Angry

You know what is the worst part?

To know that JUDGES, POLICE OFFICERS and POLITICIANS are in there doing it as well [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

People who are supposed to be helping us, protecting us..........THAT makes me really sick too [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Personal experience helps me understand the pain and torment these kids go through and the devastating effect it can have on them effects that leave mental scars forever.

Sick, sick *******s.........and some will be reading this site too [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] nasty perverts, should be locked up for good [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07 June 2002, 08:24 AM
Huge
Scooby Regular

Angry

Only watched 5 mins. Was feeling so angry I had to switch off.

One question I did have, and maybe it was answered in the 90% of the programme I didn't watch, is why do so many of these pervs seem to be of advanced years??

H
Old 07 June 2002, 08:32 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Angry

Didn't see the program but have an interesting question (well I think it's interesting).

Q. Nobody I know (or have every met) thinks that what these ***** get up to deserves anything less than life imprisonment when they eventually get caught and we live in the greatest democracy in the World - What's wrong ?
Old 07 June 2002, 08:45 AM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
It really was frightening - that taped phone conversation just sent chills (literally) up and down my spine. And when the interviewer was talking to that bloke who had had his house raided - his whole conversation sounded like it was something he'd rehearsed and memorised just in case he was raided. He was guilty as hell IMHO, but without the proof what can the police do?

I can't think of ANY programme I've ever seen that affected me like that.
Old 07 June 2002, 08:53 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I watched the Italian Job. Glad I did, as this stuff would really make me mad from the sound of it.

All we can hope is that public awareness has been raised to the point that politicians realise they cannot allow such lenient sentencing.

Old 07 June 2002, 09:01 AM
Luke
BANNED

Michelle

Good point.. What is interesting is how many Women are involded.

As far as I am concerened.... Even if a man just looks at photos etc and NEVER touches a child, they should still get a minimum of 4 years. They are part of the crime on those pictures/films.

I have visited many places Like Sri Lanka ( Great G.Parents) lived there\) You should see what goes on at some of the beaches... Dirty old English/German Mainly men walking around with young children (Locals) Taking them back to their hotels etc ..I have ruined many of their holidays by Taking photographs and Telling them I will give it to their Embassy. Its not always worth telling the local police. But It Gives them something to think about...

That Scotland yard team are Hero's.... I would go mad if They said they underfunded etc..

But the Biggest crime here is the Judges/Courts.... YOUR LETTING THIS PROBLEM GET WORSE.

I will watch the remaining 2 programmes..

I remember beeen told that if you know 60 people you will know a Paedophile.
Old 07 June 2002, 09:14 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Angry

I know a lot of people think that the problem is worse than it is a few years back....wrong, we are just exposing it more today.

It makes me sick the lot of it and mad [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Luke it is worrying how many women are involved in it, actually it is just worrying full stop.

The BBC documentary was very clever in exposing the lack of protection that children actually have, the amazingly small amount of manpower the police are able to dedicate and the complete lack of judicial effort to put these ***** behind bars [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

All the BBC need to do now is get our dear friend Jeremy Paxman on Newsnight to emarrass our GUTLESS politicians into action [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Will it happen? No. Why? Well politics of course

Voice of the nation? Is it **** [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Just think though, when you next see a police officer, whenyou next see your local MP, when you next see a magistrate or high court judge. They could be involved........

Paedophiles are sick ******* [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07 June 2002, 10:28 AM
Chris T
Scooby Regular

re the democracy point ... this is a difficult one

if there was an open vote on the death penalty in this country again - chances are something like 70% of the population would vote for it. (for gratutious murder or similar crimes)

Personally I would vote for it in principle, but I think in practice it is very hard to ensure only the guilty and only very serious crimes are dealt wth in this way
Old 07 June 2002, 10:31 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Question

I missed this. Does anyone know if there is plans to show it on BBC again (one of the digital channels ??)

Dave
Old 07 June 2002, 11:53 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Angry

Druddle, it is a 3 part series I believe, same time next week.

I found it particularly disturbing. As I was watching it, I had to go upstairs on numerous occasions to check on my 3-year old daughter. It made me sick, particularly the last few scenes with the guy in the dressing gown. Disgusting.

If anyone like that went anywhere near MY child, I would not be interested in all that psycho-babble about how they have a problem etc.... I would just want to kill them.

I don't know whether locking them up is actually the right thing to do. It was proved last night that they don't get any "help", and come out and do exactly the same.

The only way to stop them is to castrate them. Giving them drugs to stop the urge doesn't work either. That was also proved last night. They still do it, but don't get as much enjoyment out of it.

I don't know what the answer is. We just have to be vigilant and be aware of the situation.

Clare

P.s. Hollie's nursery has no male staff except the cook who is a fairly young guy. Do we have to be suspicious about every male who works with children?
Old 07 June 2002, 12:04 PM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Angry

The one stat that chilled me to the bone was "It is suspected that 250,000 men have sexually abused childern".

FFS - The way those guys deal with what they see is amazing they are true heros, especially for the way they make sure they deal with the suspects professionally therefore ensuring there is no "technicality" the scum can get off on.

The whole thing was horrifying... the video "With Daddy at 3", "With Daddy at 6".

If it is such an illness then they should be locked up forever in the general population of high-security prisons while someone looks for a cure. I wonder which would be more successful the prisioners that know what the person is in for or loooking a medical cure?

Clare - I think that is a bit of an extreme reaction. People that work with children should be vetted, carefully. Not all the abusers are men. What would be next no male neighbours just in case they are going to make videos of kids in the street (like on person (loosely using the term) did)?
Old 07 June 2002, 02:50 PM
GarnetFox
Scooby Regular

All of the show was very upsetting, but the part that shocked/upset me the most was at the beginning where they showed the video of a 6 year old girl being raped by her own father. Her FATHER! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] They blocked out most of the screen (thank heavens) but seeing those tiny little legs underneath those of that sick barsteward was enough to make you physically sick. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07 June 2002, 03:07 PM
LanCat
Scooby Regular

Didn't watch it. No, COULDN'T watch it. Makes me much too angry.

All respect to the cops, I just don't believe I could rationally deal with these people. It may be a sickness but I'm with Clare, get the shears out and cut 'em off.
Old 07 June 2002, 03:21 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Angry

Only caught the last 30 seconds - the shot of the guy in the white dressing gown. By the time I'd realised what was going on, it was over. Which is probably a good thing, as even that much was enough to make me VERY ANGRY.

Castrating 'em is definitely the answer. In fact, f**k-it - why not geld 'em - with no anaesthetic, obviously.
Old 07 June 2002, 03:37 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Angry

My view is castrate them with no ******* pain relief and lock em up.

Torture them for the rest of the lives, the scars left on those kids minds will remain for life. Why should they suffer and not the sick ******* **** who did it? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07 June 2002, 05:38 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

When I was in doing my last 3yr stretch, I had great fun with these nonce's. I worked on reception and I was the first inmate they saw. In the shower lock the door (on outside)turn off the cold water and hear them screem, screws did nothing to help them. They came out like lobsters. Give them kicking then send them to the main wing with size 46 coat and trousers. All inmates know straight away they are nonce's and they got the same treatment from them till the morning when they askes govener for 43's.
Old 07 June 2002, 08:04 PM
IanA
Scooby Regular

Angry

One offence = life. There's no cure. I know that often abusers are created not born but they know it's wrong or they wouldn't go to elaborate lengths to hide it. Lock 'em up and leave 'em there, hardly expensive compared to all the others in there

Clare, no, you shouldn't be suspicious of all men who work with children. Not so long ago a council called for men to be banned from working in nurseries and that's not right either. I might be suspicious of an organisation entirely staffed by men (except a football club!). Sadly most abuse is by men but they are a small minority.
Old 07 June 2002, 08:09 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Angry

I might be suspicious of an organisation entirely staffed by men (except a football club!).
There was a horrifying story a while back about an amateur football club near me.........don't be so sure!!!!!!!!!!!

I know also of an organisation that was supposed to help special needs kids.

I can't go on it makes me physically sick. My sister went to that place before we knew what was going on [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07 June 2002, 08:50 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

I'm not usually known in the "real world" for my compassion, however this program was enough to make even the most hard hearted barsteward get a lump in his throat. We all (rightfully) get outraged by theft etc but these people take the depths which humanity can sink to to a level beyond most of our understanding. It is widely accepted that the "disease" which these sick ***** suffer from is not curable,so it must surely be in the interest of the innocent kids of society that they never again have their freedom.
On the actual program I thought that the graphic use of photos/video was OTT. The police in this particular case deserve the utmost respect as the constant viewing of this material must be the hardest thing anyone has to do for a living.
IMO if they are convicted without doubt/plead guilty STRING EM UP!
Old 07 June 2002, 09:58 PM
Luke
BANNED

Bob

Not sure of your reply >.. So some guys think that they are in prison for murder , wife beating ,GBH ,Robbery ,Mugging etc and they will win respect for giving these perverts a kicking... They should all get a kicking from the guards..... The pain they leave with their victims is also terrible , maybe in cases just as bad.

There are no hard men in Prison, Just Bullies and nutters.

Luke
Old 07 June 2002, 10:00 PM
Luke
BANNED

Bob

Not sure of your reply >.. So some guys think that they are in prison for murder , wife beating ,GBH ,Robbery ,Mugging etc and they will win respect for giving these perverts a kicking... They should all get a kicking from the guards..... The pain they leave with their victims is also terrible , maybe in cases just as bad.

There are no hard men in Prison, Just Bullies and nutters.

Luke

Quick Reply: The Most frightening thing you will ever see..