Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2015, 08:20 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
they can;t afford anything, but they have roared lol
Originally Posted by alcazar
Ah........but perhaps we could if we didn't see Scottish politicians rabble rousing their electorate with statements like, "The Scottish lion has roared", and "The Scots have spoken, the English MPs MUST now listen!"
Originally Posted by alcazar
They'll be doing a different kind of roaring when they realise they STILL have zero power........

With comments like these and the amount of ignorance I've seen on this thread and others like it no wonder some Scots are anti English, you lot don't do your selfs any favours do you?
Old 12 May 2015, 08:23 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
With comments like these and the amount of ignorance I've seen on this thread and others like it no wonder some Scots are anti English, you lot don't do your selfs any favours do you?
why does pointing a question about finance, a very serious question that needs to be answered not poilitical bs, mean im anti scotish? half my family is scotish you numpty hahaha. i dont give a toss if scotland goes on there own or not, i would actualy be worried for them if they did though. Not becuase it would affect us that much, more becasue of the financial implications to scotland.

so how would scotland fund their country in the current situation?

or did you forget that the oil revenues were based on oil being over 100 a barrel?

Last edited by Tidgy; 12 May 2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12 May 2015, 08:30 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

why does pointing a question about finance, a very serious question that needs to be answered not poilitical bs,
We can't afford anything and a lol said enough TBH..

As for the numpty comment, that speaks volumes of you as well, well done.
Old 12 May 2015, 08:32 PM
Steve T
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was in Dunfermeline for 4 weeks working on a ship, and during that time the 6 nations ? rugby was on. The sports bar I used had all the English flags ripped off the walls and we weren,t made very welcome. Steve.
Old 12 May 2015, 08:35 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

We can't afford anything and a lol said enough TBH..

As for the numpty comment, that speaks volumes of you as well, well done.

Old 12 May 2015, 08:38 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Yea, thought that would be about the strength of it....
Old 12 May 2015, 08:40 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve T
I was in Dunfermeline for 4 weeks working on a ship, and during that time the 6 nations ? rugby was on. The sports bar I used had all the English flags ripped off the walls and we weren,t made very welcome. Steve.
And I know a few people from up here that's had similar happen down the road, it goes both ways I'm afraid, two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 12 May 2015, 08:51 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Yea, thought that would be about the strength of it....

all right **** taking aside .

Depsite all the claims of english and scott haters, its not as wide spread and the media make out tbh. As said half my family are scotish and i have scotish friends and there is no anti english, alot of anti westminster but not the english.
Old 13 May 2015, 05:55 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So has anyone actually done a calculation of where Scotland would be financially, ie money in money out and what would be left in the kitty if they were to manage their own affairs.
Old 13 May 2015, 09:20 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
So has anyone actually done a calculation of where Scotland would be financially, ie money in money out and what would be left in the kitty if they were to manage their own affairs.

yeah and it all hinges on oil. With oil better off (assuming price is 100$ a barrel +) without oil deep in the poo.
Old 13 May 2015, 10:31 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

I don't for one minute believe that all Scots hate the English, and I truly feel that most English are ambivalent about the Scots, but the recent rise of Scottish nationalism has made some people vent frustrations about the attitudes of certain elements, manifesting itself as anti-Scottish.

But, I have worked with colleagues in Scotland for many years, been there many, many times on holiday, and I have witnessed first hand an underlying dislike of things English, and not necessarily Whitehall.

One that stuck in my mind was in St Andrews, where there was a shop with a load of badges, the St Andrews Cross with the flag of 'your' country. After looking at them for ages, I asked the woman "I notice you don't have any with the English flag?" She replied "oh, we don't have any in at the moment", to which I replied, "oh that's ok, I don't want one, I'm Welsh, but it just stood out" (I sound English, not Welsh).

As soon as I said that, her whole demeanour changed, a big beaming smile - "oh, we never have them in, I'm sure you'll understand that".

So whilst I'm sure there are lots of Scots who don't hate the English at all, and would just like an independent Scotland (despite it failing and asking to join the Union.... ), my experience is that there is a definite undercurrent of dislike.
Old 13 May 2015, 12:35 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
I don't for one minute believe that all Scots hate the English, and I truly feel that most English are ambivalent about the Scots, but the recent rise of Scottish nationalism has made some people vent frustrations about the attitudes of certain elements, manifesting itself as anti-Scottish.

But, I have worked with colleagues in Scotland for many years, been there many, many times on holiday, and I have witnessed first hand an underlying dislike of things English, and not necessarily Whitehall.

One that stuck in my mind was in St Andrews, where there was a shop with a load of badges, the St Andrews Cross with the flag of 'your' country. After looking at them for ages, I asked the woman "I notice you don't have any with the English flag?" She replied "oh, we don't have any in at the moment", to which I replied, "oh that's ok, I don't want one, I'm Welsh, but it just stood out" (I sound English, not Welsh).

As soon as I said that, her whole demeanour changed, a big beaming smile - "oh, we never have them in, I'm sure you'll understand that".

So whilst I'm sure there are lots of Scots who don't hate the English at all, and would just like an independent Scotland (despite it failing and asking to join the Union.... ), my experience is that there is a definite undercurrent of dislike.
All muslims are terrorists as well you know,,,,,,,,

Thats what the media seems to paint and some are, but its actualy a very small minority.
Old 13 May 2015, 01:24 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

All muslims are terrorists as well you know,,,,,,,,

Thats what the media seems to paint and some are, but its actualy a very small minority.
All the Muslims I have met and worked with are just normal, hard working people. A lot of the Scots I have met and worked with don't like the English.

Terrorists are a minority, Scots who don't like the English well may be a minority, but it's a much bigger one in my experience.

I definitely get treated differently when I make it known I am Welsh, quite a lot of the time.

If you choose to disbelieve what I have experienced, that is up to you. Your experience may differ also, I am only telling you what I have found.

Of course, I have plenty of people in Scotland who I would count as close friends, and to be honest, I'm not particularly bothered about Scottish feeling towards the English, or anyone else for that matter, but I think that the constant claims from Scots who claim they have no problem with English run contrary to my experiences.
Old 13 May 2015, 01:36 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting clip..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiSS...youtu.be&t=15s
Old 13 May 2015, 01:40 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
All the Muslims I have met and worked with are just normal, hard working people. A lot of the Scots I have met and worked with don't like the English.

Terrorists are a minority, Scots who don't like the English well may be a minority, but it's a much bigger one in my experience.

I definitely get treated differently when I make it known I am Welsh, quite a lot of the time.

If you choose to disbelieve what I have experienced, that is up to you. Your experience may differ also, I am only telling you what I have found.

Of course, I have plenty of people in Scotland who I would count as close friends, and to be honest, I'm not particularly bothered about Scottish feeling towards the English, or anyone else for that matter, but I think that the constant claims from Scots who claim they have no problem with English run contrary to my experiences.

I didnt say i disbelieved you, half my family is up north and never found any issues myself when ever i have been up there. Admitedly its been a couple of years since i was up there.
Old 13 May 2015, 02:11 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Trinity
SIAL; and it would be nice if we could stay on the topic instead of turning it into a Muslim bashing thread.