Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How would you deal with this

Old 27 December 2014, 05:40 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How would you deal with this

Basically to cut a long story very short.

The other week I received a usb stick in the post. The files I didn't recognise the extensions so googled it then realised the program needed.

Anyhow after I hours I managed to read the data and made very angry.

Me and partner worked at the same company for nearly 20 years for a bloke who we thought we knew and respected. He became ill and a new guy came on the scene, after numerous new titles he was made CEO. My partner made redundant and me gone under a year later. Now staff don't like him and how the company is now run as he flits from one mad idea to another. Well hes a **** basically. Younger than me and knows jack ****.

The data showed that it seems this person who we well respected has planned the whole thing with this now found person.

I am consumed with hate and just want to get revenge. I know this is eating me alive as the whole thing made me lose something I will never have again.

Anyone experienced the fact that they thought they knew someone, trusted and respected them and basically it was all a lie/front.

I just wanted to put them through what we have been through and feel I will do everything to do this, even it means losing what little I currently have.

I can't believe this bloke, who we have known for nearly 20 years, worked for free in the early days to build his business, done more than what we should and he has done us over with some jumped up little **** who seems to driving the best staff away.

On top of this me and my mates lost a good friend because she left the company because of this new CEO and is now dead due to a car accident coming home from her new job. I know I shouldn't but I know she would be alive today if she had not left.

I am so consumed with Anger here and it scares me to be honest.

Oh and also I have some dirt on the owner of the company which I am sure his current partner would not be pleased with. Do I use it or not!

Last edited by ScoobLou; 27 December 2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 27 December 2014, 05:49 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoobLou
Basically to cut a long story very short. I have some dirt on the owner of the company which I am sure his current partner would not be pleased with. Do I use it or not!
Blackmail him?.

Out of interest, who sent you this information and how did they get it? Can you confirm it's validity?
Old 27 December 2014, 05:53 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Blackmail him?.

Out of interest, who sent you this information and how did they get it? Can you confirm it's validity?

Hiya

I have no idea. A lot of staff thought a hell of a lot of us so its difficult to know. It was just a jiffy bag with nothing else.

I actually feel sick to know that this bloke was like this. Its awful thinking you know someone and he is not who you thought he was. We done so much for him and so did other staff, why? because we respected and admired him.

Feel stupid to be honest.
Old 27 December 2014, 06:06 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Feel stupid to be honest.
There'd be nothing stupider than blackmailing someone, especially over data that you cannot verify the validity of.

I'd be asking why someone would send me the information? Especially if I no longer worked there. Has anyone else received copies? Is this data confidential and/or covered by the Data Protection Act? Too many questions for my liking.
Old 27 December 2014, 06:10 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
There'd be nothing stupider than blackmailing someone, especially over data that you cannot verify the validity of.

I'd be asking why someone would send me the information? Especially if I no longer worked there. Has anyone else received copies? Is this data confidential and/or covered by the Data Protection Act? Too many questions for my liking.

Thanks ScoobyWon't. A lot of unhappy people because of his actions so who knows.

I will just have to let if go it seems.
Old 27 December 2014, 06:33 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Yikes that's an awful blow to take. Becoming consumed with bitterness and hate is only going to eat you up slowly. You have to let it go and move on. It may be a hard pill to swallow but becoming vengeful is only going to protract the situation.
Old 27 December 2014, 06:55 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you want some karma/revenge, copy the usb then buy a payg mobile. send the usb to the new bloke along with the payg number. you will soon find out if the files are true or not
Old 27 December 2014, 07:12 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
if you want some karma/revenge, copy the usb then buy a payg mobile. send the usb to the new bloke along with the payg number. you will soon find out if the files are true or not
I like it
Old 27 December 2014, 07:20 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

As crap as it is, my advice just move on. He's the CEO and like it or not its his choice. Not worth the stress and hassel of trying to do anything about it.
Old 27 December 2014, 07:53 PM
GWJ
Scooby Regular

Sounds like someone is yanking your chain. Why send it to you? What is their motive behind that?

My humble opinion is you will open a whole new can of hurt if you try to pursue this, let it go, the ex boss will reap what he sows and karma will prevail
Old 27 December 2014, 07:56 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

You say the old manager and the new CEO had "it all set up beforehand"...

Do you mean they planned to get rid of you and your partner ?

Why would this be?
Old 27 December 2014, 07:59 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Was you ex-boss David Lynch by any chance?
Old 27 December 2014, 08:17 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

The thing with smashing your own head against a brick wall is, the only person it hurts is yourself.

What he / she has done in the world of business is not illegal - it may be unpleasant, or beneath your own moral standards - but don't loose sight of the fact that blackmail is illegal, and could make your live very difficult if you are caught and convicted.

"I just wanted to put them through what we have been through and feel I will do everything to do this, even it means losing what little I currently have."

You need to get a grip on yourself - particularly in light of the emboldened part of your statement.

Cant you do something positive - if he is as inept as you suggest the business will hit the wall quickly, if staff are handing in resignations quicker than he can issue P45's, why not employ them and compete for the customers that he will loose? If you have built the business up from nothing, you can do it again, and if you have the contacts and good reputation it shouldn't be overly diffucult?
Old 27 December 2014, 09:01 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Top gear is more credible/intersting
Old 27 December 2014, 09:53 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Top gear is more credible/intersting
Actually, it wasn't the Top Gear, but I saw similar thing happening in Sadenders recently. A young man posted a USB in a jiffy bag to a copper who's going out with a dodgy car salesman who has two teenage kids. The idea is that one of the kids gets grassed for a murder of another kid via the film that the USB contains. I think this person who has sent Scooblou the USB got that idea from Eastenders.

Scooblou, sorry to hear what you, your partner and others have been through in your job. Unless there's something that is seriously corrupt with the evidence of the crime this CEO might have committed, there's no point keeping it; just bin it. If it contains some seriously criminal stuff, then pass it to the police. Let them deal with it.

Regarding trust, it's sometimes broken by the ones that we trust the most, and yes, it's very painful when it happens. it doesn't always happen, which means that there are some trustworthy people on this earth.

I agree with others that such anonymous act makes you think of the motive of the sender. Why does he/she want to put the gun on your shoulder to shoot the barsward? Doesn't sound like a right act.

Last edited by Turbohot; 27 December 2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 27 December 2014, 10:00 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

hmmm
Old 27 December 2014, 10:19 PM
Melvatron
Scooby Regular

thought this was a car forum.... all the same... move on... Karma will pay its dues its own way. revenge is different.. if you let this swallow you up then your relationship with everyone close to you will be affected.. move on and apply your energy on the future...
Old 27 December 2014, 10:44 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Melvatron
thought this was a car forum.... all the same... move on... Karma will pay its dues its own way. revenge is different.. if you let this swallow you up then your relationship with everyone close to you will be affected.. move on and apply your energy on the future...
Yeah but this NSR is meant for discussing all non-scooby issues, if people fancy. People discuss all sorts here. Say from Hitler to Farage, from religion to Fifty Shades, from milkshake to alcohol, from dogs to cats etc. etc. Therefore, Scooblou is alright talking about her USB issue here.
Old 28 December 2014, 07:18 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Move on - enjoy what you have now as dwelling on the past will prove to be a cruel mistress!
Old 28 December 2014, 10:13 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Let it go. I know someone who was in business with somebody else. They split the business for commercial reasons. The new company became a whole lot more successful than the original. Lots of mistrust developed and both sides were as bad as each other. After a high court case and police investigations and advertised mud slinging, the original company collapsed and the new company went onto to make millions. Even today, many years later my friend still hears that their former colleague s are still harbouring hate, anger. This anger will eat them up and you if you can't let it go.
Old 28 December 2014, 10:34 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

If you wanted to go down the legal path you need to prove without any doubt that the data on the usb stick is legit and not fabricated/doctored. Second, what good will come of this if it was took up with the authorities.

I think at best you may get a case of constructive dismissal, but knowing these type of people, they'll fold the company before you ever see a penny.

Sounds like my old boss from many years ago - he's not called Neil by any chance (with his best 'work mate' being called Mark).
Old 28 December 2014, 01:21 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

**** off to the Subaru related section then!
Old 28 December 2014, 01:25 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1
You say the old manager and the new CEO had "it all set up beforehand"...

Do you mean they planned to get rid of you and your partner ?

Why would this be?

Honestly, we have no idea. I can say 100 % he worked harder than most and always did above what was required.

Appraisals were always positive and there was never any indication that he was doing his job wrong.

However for some reason the little fat git of a CEO just took a dislike to him which is really odd because my partner is one of those people that gets on with most.
Old 28 December 2014, 01:28 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
If you wanted to go down the legal path you need to prove without any doubt that the data on the usb stick is legit and not fabricated/doctored. Second, what good will come of this if it was took up with the authorities.

I think at best you may get a case of constructive dismissal, but knowing these type of people, they'll fold the company before you ever see a penny.

Sounds like my old boss from many years ago - he's not called Neil by any chance (with his best 'work mate' being called Mark).

Hi Ali

No not named Neil or Mark.

I think I have an idea of where it comes from after having another sleepless night.

Don't think they will admit it but put it this way I know the data is genuine and not doctored.

Anyway as they say there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Old 28 December 2014, 02:00 PM
Melvatron
Scooby Regular

**** off to the Subaru related section then!

think someone is in need of anger management sessions
Old 28 December 2014, 03:06 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Appraisals etc mean nothing becuase it was redundancy, he only has to prove the role is no longer required and thats that.
Old 28 December 2014, 04:02 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

think someone is in need of anger management sessions

Not at all.

Just get annoyed with people who don't seem to have any intelligence.

Please explain why my post doesn't meet with your requirements?

After all, I need a laugh and I'm sure the owners of Scoobynet would like to know if they have gone wrong with how they have labelled various parts of the forum.
Old 29 December 2014, 05:26 AM
Melvatron
Scooby Regular

Seems like you've turned to this site for counseling and guidance. Honestly this really is a private matter. If you read back over the first reply i posted, i finished it with positive advice but you chose to take what you wanted from what i wrote and reply with aggression. Speak to family members or friends, (if you have any!) about your feelings rather than broadcast it on the internet.
Old 29 December 2014, 10:32 AM
taylor85
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't worry about it , sorry but it's none of your business !

You been made redundant for sone reason , Just walk away and treat it as a life lesson
Old 29 December 2014, 11:02 AM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Seems like you've turned to this site for counseling and guidance. Honestly this really is a private matter. If you read back over the first reply i posted, i finished it with positive advice but you chose to take what you wanted from what i wrote and reply with aggression. Speak to family members or friends, (if you have any!) about your feelings rather than broadcast it on the internet.

yarn, as I said **** off to another section if this bothers you so much you idiot

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How would you deal with this