Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Vaping - Electronic Cigarettes

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2017, 08:04 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this is a bit sad, but i was getting pissed off with all the bottles on my PC desk, so i bought this nice little acrylic vape stand Pretty handy if you have 5-6 flavours on the go, it holds 10-15ml, 30ml bottles, atomisers, mods, spare batteries etc

Is it me or does there seem to be a lack of vaping storage/stands on the market? anyway i got it from here;
Amazon Amazon

Old 14 February 2017, 08:09 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

there's nowt like keeping your things tidy I'm same very nice
Old 19 February 2017, 02:38 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 not sad, keeps it all tidy

Have i ever mentioned i am clumsy................well friday i decided it would be a good idea to drop the Alien on the floor. Of course it fell angled on the tank and split the mod near the top part(think a mouth on old shoes that talk). Quickly i thought i need another mod(only have 5 spare anyway). Quick look around and nothing(for me) can beat this little alien mod. So another was ordered and the silver glued..................So its a back up now(for the alien that is as have a few others )
Name:  6732C734-0006-4D72-9E0C-D6FE1D9E2376_zpsazfgliy8.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  1.42 MB

Decided black this time, might be able to make out the glue on the silver where its been repaired. Normal good super glue type would not hold it as it is kind of springy(under retention). This stuff(the name escapes me) you drip on like normal glue, then use a spray can to cure.............seconds it took and solid!
Old 22 February 2017, 02:44 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your after some pre made e-liquid at a really decent price then check out this website

http://bluestar-eliquid.com/

As an example, 500ml of e liquid for £24.99.

I can't comment as yet on what the quality is like as i havn't tried it yet, i've bought some and have some ready to use when my other e-juice runs out. It was a mate who gave me the website and he said the fluid is decent.
Old 22 February 2017, 03:00 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
If your after some pre made e-liquid at a really decent price then check out this website

http://bluestar-eliquid.com/

As an example, 500ml of e liquid for £24.99.

I can't comment as yet on what the quality is like as i havn't tried it yet, i've bought some and have some ready to use when my other e-juice runs out. It was a mate who gave me the website and he said the fluid is decent.
Worth a look,they do concentrates aswell and prices seem very good.
Cheers I will have a proper look when I get home,might wait to see what you think on how good they are before I order
Old 22 February 2017, 03:14 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately the lowest level of nic they do is either nothing or 8mg as far as i can see, which is too high, well it is for me anyway in a sub ohm vape.

Concentrates are definitely worth looking at, how is it so cheap though?
Old 22 February 2017, 03:23 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

But with the box sets you can go down to 3mg;

http://bluestar-eliquid.com/shop/rea...nberg-box-set/

100ml heisenberg for a tenner, not bad, i can make it cheaper myself though
Old 22 February 2017, 03:41 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

As i said, i can't comment on the quality of the liquids they sell other than what they sell is far cheaper than anything i've come across in pre-made liquids, you'd have to do your own research and make your own judgement.

I ordered a small amount to start with, 2 x 200ml 6mg bottles of pre made liquids, mothers milk and cherry. I'll let them steep for 2 weeks and give them a few shakes during that time.

Like with any first time place you try, just order a small amount to test out.

I don't know about comparable base liquid prices and the quality for those that pre mix their own and the prices for flavours and how they compare etc.
Old 22 February 2017, 03:47 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Is that replying to me or what? i didn't ask about the quality.
Old 22 February 2017, 04:11 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

No, it was to anyone in general that's thinking of ordering anything from any new place. Just start off small to see if what they sell is any good.

Because i don't mix my own i was saying that i don't know how the price on their base mixes and flavours compare to other places that sell similar products, personally i'd just be buying the pre mixed stuff anyway for convenience.
Old 22 February 2017, 04:25 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Ah ok fair enough, tbh you are missing out, i'm experimenting with different recipes now and the results are amazing. For example rather than buying say a plain strawberry concentrate, i've made a strawberry cream and a strawberry cheescake icecream. It's really easy to make a plain mix into something special.
Old 23 February 2017, 05:57 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Talking of mixes check Flavour boss out, come highly recommended on POTV, these boss shots are basically very popular recipes premade for you and batched up into a 500ml or 1ltr bottle ready for you just to add your base pg/vg and nic, pretty cool if you want to make a lot of liquid These will need to be steeped due to the flavours used though.

Their regular ejuices are pretty cheap too for 30ml bottles.

http://flavour-boss.co.uk/product-ca...pes/boss-shots
Old 23 February 2017, 06:24 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
Talking of mixes check Flavour boss out, come highly recommended on POTV, these boss shots are basically very popular recipes premade for you and batched up into a 500ml or 1ltr bottle ready for you just to add your base pg/vg and nic, pretty cool if you want to make a lot of liquid These will need to be steeped due to the flavours used though.

Their regular ejuices are pretty cheap too for 30ml bottles.

http://flavour-boss.co.uk/product-ca...pes/boss-shots
I'm on the look out for a new flavour,I've been on Heisenberg for ages now so time for a change,those boss shots sound very nice and a really good price

Where are you buying your PG/VG from?
Old 23 February 2017, 06:27 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Looks cool bio, but say i buy a 500ml bottle..............what and how much vg would i mix with it. What is the strength of flavour as can not find the info(obv missing something ).

So 500ml of strawberry etc etc in a bottle, where do i go now with my VG/PG mix.

Can i use 20ml of the flavour, then mix the rest of 80ml (pg/vg/nic) to make a 100ml mix.........
Old 23 February 2017, 06:31 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Good question ven
I was just thinking it would be like my usual concentrates where I add 20%
Maybe this is not the case
Old 23 February 2017, 07:54 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

It gives you the percentages of the flavours used in each one if you click one, so you can then work out the percentage used of the 500ml or 1ltr bottles to work out what base n nic you have left to complete your mix Some of these will be 20% but most are either less or occasionally more.

PG/VG i was getting 250-500ml off ebay and/or DarkStar but i found it much cheaper here; http://www.lucemill.com/chemical.html

5ltrs for £15

Last edited by bioforger; 23 February 2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 23 February 2017, 07:58 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

For example the 1st one, Lunch Ladies Lemon Tart by Darren Cole has 15.5% of flavour in lets say a 500ml bottle, which is 77.5ml, so you would need 422.5ml of your base mix to fill the bottle and then you could decanter that into your daily vape 100ml or whatever bottle
Old 23 February 2017, 08:16 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Some of them are really good value for money, the strawberry kanzi for example is £18 inc delivery for 98.5ml of flavour in a 500ml bottle!

The only con is you have to wait for them to steep.
Old 23 February 2017, 08:42 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

ahhhh cool makes perfect sense, i never clicked further!!! Cheers for info, might bite at some point and try one or two of them...............damn they make me hungry!!!!

Old 23 February 2017, 08:55 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Nice one bio
The link for PG/VG is a bargain
I'm going to order a couple of flavours and give the boss shots a go.
6 weeks isn't too long and that lot will last me a good 6+ month
Old 23 February 2017, 09:41 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Nice one bio
The link for PG/VG is a bargain
I'm going to order a couple of flavours and give the boss shots a go.
6 weeks isn't too long and that lot will last me a good 6+ month
No probs mate, the nicotine on that site is pretty cheap too, 500ml for £18
Old 23 February 2017, 09:52 PM
Rab555
Scooby Regular

After 14 years on 20 a day...decided to kick the ****!

I've found it incredibly easy with the use of my new best friend...the Aspire K2. A pathetic attempt at vaping compared to some of these things I've seen here, but it's doing me just fine coupled with the little diamond mist bottles.

Why does one feel the need to upgrade to something like the above? Or has this not stemmed from a stop-smoking point-of-view? I'm intrigued.... what do these larger devices do differently compared to the little K2?
Old 23 February 2017, 09:52 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Just ordered nic from vapenic £9.99 inc delivery for 100ml then some discount for code potv15.
Also ordered 5ltr of the VG/PG you linked and 2 x flavour from boss,lunch lady lemon tart and unicorn milk so that's me sorted for the year

Also spotted a smok mod that I like the look of, the skyhook rdta,looks like the alien but has a 9ml built in tank,for £55 I'm very tempted!
Old 24 February 2017, 12:08 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rab555
Why does one feel the need to upgrade to something like the above? Or has this not stemmed from a stop-smoking point-of-view? I'm intrigued.... what do these larger devices do differently compared to the little K2?
Good question, i thought the exact same way and started on devices similar to your K2, until someone let me try their sub-ohm device. Basically it's all about the flavour, throat hit you get with a more up to date mod and a sub ohm tank and how you can then customise that further to suit your needs/preference and how much you want or need to vape. It basically knocks the starter kits out of the park in all areas. Sub ohm vaping/devices are still considered as basic/starter kits there are other levels of vaping, like dripping and using mechanical mods or a combination of both. And of course there's the whole rebuildable/DIY side of vaping which these devices are needed for. So for some it's a hobby as well as being preventative.

But if the kit you are on works for you and you don't feel the need to take it further then that's how it should be. As long as you stay off the **** that's all that counts

Last edited by bioforger; 24 February 2017 at 12:11 AM.
Old 24 February 2017, 12:19 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Also spotted a smok mod that I like the look of, the skyhook rdta,looks like the alien but has a 9ml built in tank,for £55 I'm very tempted!
Yea i looked at that skyhook kit, it is good, but decided for convenience to stay with the usual tank that takes premade coils as well as an RBA.
Old 24 February 2017, 08:10 AM
ven
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rab555
After 14 years on 20 a day...decided to kick the ****!

I've found it incredibly easy with the use of my new best friend...the Aspire K2. A pathetic attempt at vaping compared to some of these things I've seen here, but it's doing me just fine coupled with the little diamond mist bottles.

As with what bio said, as long as it works for you it is all that matters. Like having 400hp, why do people want 500hp then 600hp. All though that analogy is not perfect, having devices that have more in the tank(vape time), support lower ohm coils, can supply more power if/when needed plays some part.

For me, i dont use over 40w, heck right now i am around 20w on a 0.3ohm coil. But my mod will do 220w and has 2 x 18650 cells. It can last me a day when in the week, weekend its one cell swap in the day. Before i could eat through a cell in an hour. Bare in mind though, lower ohm coils eats cell mah. Some are that low its like shorting a cell , this mixed with wrong cells=disaster. Thats another story though.

Comfort/design play a part as well, right size , nice screen with info on(voltage/ohms/cell life etc etc) all works well for me. Others just want a button, press and vape. No rights or wrongs and just what works for them. I am a little bit of a gadget gimp tbh , like my man toys(not gimp ones! ). So that plays a little part in the mods i get as well. I dont have to have latest and greatest, just something that works but decent as well.

The pen type mods(e cigs) and small 2ml tanks with 1.8 ohm coils are just worlds apart from todays sub ohm mods imo(subjective). Flavour and hit is chalk/cheese. But back in 2011 iirc when i gave up, they were the only choice and worked for me with the juice(before then it was electronic and real crap). Things have progressed super fast, now it is buy today and next week its old hat(well almost, little exaggerated).

Going from a k2 to say an alien is pretty huge. Not only have you got a different form factor, but a lot more vape time, flavour and options. I remember when box mods came out and thought never!! Who the *beep* would want a square mod when you can use a comfy pen type............no looking back now. As with anything you adjust and get used to it, like the thin drip tips to big bore drip tips. At 1st they felt HUGE, not the thin drip tips feel odd...............we adjust and no going back for me.

Ideally trying out in a decent vape shop before committing £50 or so(still small change compared to cigs). I am sure once with the right juice/nic level and device, it will be like going from a 28" TV to a 60" 4000k...........that is the difference to me from the old pens. More enjoyable experience........

That is just my opinion, all subjective and again what works for you is all that matters. You may get fed up with having to keep charging up, flavour may be a bit week, not getting the hit or what ever reasons. Usually ones i have advised in the past(usually like a kanger box mod to start as offers pre made coils and RBA in the box). All have been happy and not looked back for not much over £25 investment .

Cheers

Last edited by ven; 24 February 2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 24 February 2017, 11:54 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

btw are you guys aware of the TPD regs coming into full force in May this year? DIYing will be much more important as a result, even then its going to be a PITA.

Maximum refill containers can not exceed 10ml.
Maximum nicotine strength of 20mg. A blow to new users who are coming from a heavy smoking habit, 24mg was a common strength to help initially kick the cigarettes. The biggest effect will be on the DIY market, where high strength nicotine concentrate of up to 72mg/ml is commonly used to mix your own juice. No "end consumer" will be able to purchase nicotine base liquid in strength over 20mg/ml and bottle size over 10ml.

Maximum tank capacity of 2ml. New tank sales will be hit hard, if this one is enforced.

So people like darkstar who are still selling 72mg nic stockpiled it and are only allowed to sell it until May.

Whether or not these ridiculous and illogical "rules" actually come into force is another thing, but it seems most people in the industry are expecting them to. If it does happen I definitely see parts of the industry moving into the black market/ebay etc, which is not good at all.

Last edited by bioforger; 28 February 2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 24 February 2017, 12:33 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Why they are trying to enforce regs that make it harder to give up cigs is mind boggling!
Afaik it's already been proven that ecigs are something like 98% less harmful!
I'd not heard of these new rules until now but
Old 25 February 2017, 11:28 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Boss shots turned up today,fast delivery and nice clear instructions for mixing
4 week steep for one and 6 weeks for the other.

I've never steeped so is it just a case of storing in a warm dry place and giving it a shake every now and again?

Old 25 February 2017, 01:05 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Quick question.

If you have bought some pre made e juice from a normal website or shop, can you add more flavour to it by buying some concentrate ?

As an example, if i bought a 200ml bottle of pre made e juice which is 70pg/30vg 6mg in strawberry flavour, how many drops of concentrate would you put into the bottle with the above pre bought ratio ? Would it drop the nicotine level significantly or just slightly ?

A follow up question.

Up and till recently i've been ordering my pre made e juice from sleekit juice, their ratio is 70vg/30pg. I've just received some e liquid from another company, their ratio is 70pg/30vg. The 70pg/30vg is a lot thinner than the 70vg/30pg that i was getting from sleekit. The question i've got, which is the best for flavour is it 70vg/30pg or 70pg/30vg ?

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 25 February 2017 at 01:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Vaping - Electronic Cigarettes