Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Vaping - Electronic Cigarettes

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2018, 08:11 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, i started with 26g which is fine for dual coils if you're targeting anything under 0.50ohms, but anything under 1 ohm will do the job, i usually target anywhere from 0.2 to 0.4ohms, e.g. 0.25 is 6 wraps for each coil with 26g kanthal.

Just buy some coils for now would be my advice, the wicking is just as if not more important and can sometimes be tricky to master (depending on the RDA). Once you have that nailed then think about making your own coils.

And watch utube tutorials on how to wick! for the RDA you get, that saved me a lot of grief.

Last edited by bioforger; 06 February 2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07 February 2018, 03:52 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts

I've just ordered a few things from fasttech for a squonking setup.

GeekVape GBOX Squonker 200W TC VW APV Box Mod
Oumier Wasp Nano RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
Digiflavor Drop RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
Coil Master DIY Kit V3
VapeThink Kanthal A1 Pre-coiled Coil 26AWG 0.8ohm
Vapor Storm Kanthal A1 Clapton Pre-Coiled Wire (50-Pack) 26/30AWG 0.85ohm
Kanthal A1 Clapton Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers 26/30AWG 0.8ohm Kanthal A1 Clapton Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers 2/32AWG 0.55ohm
Authentic Wick 'N' Vape Cotton Bacon V2 Cotton Wick for E-Cigarettes (5-Pack)
4*18650 Plastic Battery Protective Storage Case
Protective Silicone Sleeve Case for GeekVape GBOX Squonker Mod
Authentic Vpdam Stainless Steel + Ceramic Tweezers for E-Cigarettes
Authentic Vpdam Stainless Steel + Ceramic Tweezers for E-Cigarettes (Curved)

If your thinking of ordering anything from Fasttech, just bare in mind that their is a notice on top of their website that says "Kung Hei Fat Choi! The Year of Dog is fast approaching and FastTech will be on a 10-day break starting Feb 11, 2018"

So i'd get your order in before they go away for 10 days on holiday.
Old 07 February 2018, 05:04 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

lol its a mother load of vape mail !

Wasp nano, good choice, enjoy.

Btw don't know if you realized but the coilmaster kit has its own ceramic tweezers.
Old 07 February 2018, 05:56 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
Btw don't know if you realized but the coilmaster kit has its own ceramic tweezers.
Yeh, i wanted a pair of the hook nosed tweezers with ceramic tips so i just threw in a pair of the normal ceramic tweezers in as a spare while i was there, you can't go wrong for around $2. It's so easy just to keep spending on that site lol, you have to control the urge.
Old 07 February 2018, 07:01 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

lol yea tell me about it.
Old 07 February 2018, 11:17 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I fear change, bought another leakbox.

Old 09 February 2018, 07:05 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

I was planning to go to Hong Kong this year, it's somewhere i really want to visit. One thing is putting me off though, apparently you can't buy or bring in e-juice that contains Nicotine, they are trying to ban it altogether. It's a right conundrum as i can't go without nicotine for between 2 and 3 weeks, i'd struggle to go a few days without a nicotine hit.

This is the apparent law which i found online:

Vaping in Hong Kong

Following Australia’s example, the government of Hong Kong has classified nicotine as a poison. The purchase, sale, distribution and use of e liquids containing nicotine are all criminalized; violators face fines and potential prison sentences. Last year, the Federation of Trade Unions proposed a total ban on vaping in Hong Kong, so e-cigs and e-liquids of all types may soon be prohibited in the country.

What would you do ?
Old 09 February 2018, 10:16 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Blag it or face jail i guess lol
Old 09 February 2018, 10:42 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by The Joshua Tree
I was planning to go to Hong Kong this year, it's somewhere i really want to visit. One thing is putting me off though, apparently you can't buy or bring in e-juice that contains Nicotine, they are trying to ban it altogether. It's a right conundrum as i can't go without nicotine for between 2 and 3 weeks, i'd struggle to go a few days without a nicotine hit.

This is the apparent law which i found online:

Vaping in Hong Kong

Following Australia’s example, the government of Hong Kong has classified nicotine as a poison. The purchase, sale, distribution and use of e liquids containing nicotine are all criminalized; violators face fines and potential prison sentences. Last year, the Federation of Trade Unions proposed a total ban on vaping in Hong Kong, so e-cigs and e-liquids of all types may soon be prohibited in the country.

What would you do ?
I vaped blatantly when I was there a year ago, took 250ml
Old 08 March 2018, 01:58 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

This Fasttech order should keep me occupied for a while, i've got a fair bit of the bacon cotton as well that i couldn't fit in the pic and a few other bits and bobs.

Last edited by The Joshua Tree; 08 March 2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08 March 2018, 04:55 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Jesus - I stumbled into this thread by mistake - and I thought IT was geeky - bloody hell.... hahahahaha
Old 14 March 2018, 06:20 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

I've been using the Aspire Clito 120 for the last week and a half, it seems to be a great tank so far, probably the best tank i've used to date, the flavour reproduction is really impressive as well as the hit. Only problem is you need an endless supply of juice, this thing drinks it for fun.

I'm using the stock coils that came with it, they seem to be great and produce a really consistent flavour and hit. Previous to this i was using the Big Baby Beast, the Aspire Clito is far better all round imo.
Old 30 October 2018, 06:45 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

I finally got round to setting up the Gbox Squonker, i just left it sat in the draw for months mainly due to being busy for a while and a bit of i couldn't be bothered as well. The flavour and the vape is amazing, it blows away a normal tank and factory made coils. I was expecting it to be good, i didn't realise how good it would be tho, i'm actually getting the full flavour of how it smells in the bottle instead of just a bit coming through which is what you mainly get from a normal tank and coil. On the Gbox ive got a Oumier Wasp Nano at the min, that was recommended to me and with it being a single coil setup i thought it would be a good starting point as i've never assembled coils and cotton myself, the coils are pre-bought Clapton coils which are kernel 26GA and wrapped 32GA and 0.55ohm, i'm using the bacon cotton. Really happy with it so far, i'll set up the Drop RDA at the weekend which is a dual coil RDA.

If your after some good e-liquid to try, check out these

https://zapjuice.co.uk/

The best ones so far from the Zap range are Lime Cola, Vanilla Cola and Aisu Aloe Vera.