My 97' UK Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2013, 02:09 PM
328isport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 97' UK Turbo

Hi all,

Thought I'd finally stick some pics up of my car, I've had it a little while now just not got round to doing this!

I actually never intended to get an Impreza at all, with my budget only stretching to that of a good classic, and a good classic being so hard to find!! So I actually crossed a scooby off my list, but then I found this one which ticked all the boxes, two owners from new, the first for 5 and the second for 10 years, with the first owner part exing it back to the supplying dealer, meaning for a 16 year old car the first time it was sold outside of the supplying dealer was to me, which I find cool for some reason lol.

Luckily both owners were fastidious in regards to looking after the car, the second even more so, having a cat 1 alarm and tracker fitted as soon as he got it, plus creating a big spreadsheet on Excel detailing all the dates and mileages of all the services the car has had and when each one is due next, which is quite something! On top of every single receipt from new.

The car remained bone stock until about 3 years ago, when the last owner decided to make a few improvements, these being Eibach springs, a Magnex exhaust, second decat, a strut brace, black diamond discs, an STi splitter and a few other bits.

I decided on Extreme Scoobies to look after the car from now on, so far I've had a Hardrace engine mount kit fitted (big improvement) and it's booked in to have a Walbro fuel pump, oil service and Whiteline steering rack bushes in a few weeks.

I've also had all four jacking points repaired, fitted some gold speedlines, new black diamond pads all round and fitted an STi steering wheel as the original was a little worn and I'm a sucker for red stitching! Oh and fitted a CD player as it still had the original tape deck.

My future plans for it include ESL, a handling kit, so ARB's, ALK's and a fast road geo set up.

Anyway, here it is

Old 22 December 2013, 02:14 PM
scooby uk
Scooby Regular

got some nice upgrades for your car look in parts for sale section under classic goodies for sale!
Old 22 December 2013, 02:22 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Looks very clean and in good nick, i see they upgrading steering wheel off bug nice
Old 22 December 2013, 02:25 PM
ultimatepr
Scooby Newbie

nice motor mate any planned upgrades?
Old 22 December 2013, 02:32 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Looks great. You need to bin that spoiler off though and get the mid style one imo. Odd to see a uk car with that spoiler on
Old 22 December 2013, 02:52 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks clean and tidy
Old 22 December 2013, 06:49 PM
328isport
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys, no massive upgrades planned, ESL daughterboard is all as far as the engine is concerned, the rest of the mods will be handling related. Other than that I'll just be keeping up with the servicing and keeping on top of the bodywork.

And the spoiler is staying prefer it looking subtle, on this particular car I think even the middle level spoiler would be a little OTT