Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

my impreza turbo project

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2013, 12:55 AM
davievtec
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my impreza turbo project

allright folks my names davie im 24 from erskine, glasgow i found this forum because i was looking for workshop manuals for my car and this was the forum it lead me to so thought i would pop on and share my pride and joy with anyone interested i swapped my mk4 golf gti turbo for my subaru and wouldnt go back i paid £900 for my golf and never needed any work done so technically the subaru cost me £900 is this a decent price for the car ? i had a quick look around for a introduction forum but couldnt see anything if there is one i will try find it again and post in there aswell anyways here is my project its a 2000 gc8 impreza turbo 2000 it is relativley standard apart from a few mods nothing crazy though the mods are baileys dumpvalve k&n cone filter decat mid pipe and de silencer with a mongoose backbox as i have been told ... asfar as i know that is all apart from the bits i have done i will post a pic of the exhaust up and hopefully it can be identified it is high milage at 154,000 but has been at that since march this year as it has been in my lock up getting a few bits and bobs done to it first off i will post up the pics of when i bought it and how things have changed this is the pics i got from the add when i bought the car this is the first pic i took of my car when i got her back to my house first off i had to buy myself a sticker that i found quite funny and here is pics of the front end stripped to paint the insides of the headlights black this is my home made spray booth basically its a dust sheet pegged to the table and over a gazeebo with a roof and detachable side to open for spraying worked really well when the sun hit the sheet and made it like an oven at the same time as keeping contaminates away from the paint and the rebuild starts next i decided i wanted the indicators in beside the sidelights/parking lights so i made space for them on the sidelight units and then i decided to change the colour of the needles from orange to pink just a little touch i decided to change and it actually suits it here is the pic of the backbox anyone any idea what it is ? no markings on it as far as i can see but havent had it off to see the top thats all the updates for now folks will be plenty more very soon hope you enjoy the thread
Old 27 October 2013, 09:11 AM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Subscribed, best of luck mate!
Old 27 October 2013, 09:28 AM
RoyPinhey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sprt the rust at the rear first mate, good luck . . nice to see the diy mods
Old 27 October 2013, 11:34 AM
davievtec
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by RoyPinhey
Sprt the rust at the rear first mate, good luck . . nice to see the diy mods
Ahh yeah its getting a full respray so will have new arches fitted aswell as a new front end got something special lined up for it
Old 27 October 2013, 05:36 PM
Dave2207
Scooby Newbie

spray it yellow like my blobeye very nice classic mate welcome keep uploading the pics
Old 27 October 2013, 07:33 PM
davievtec
Scooby Newbie

I was considering yellow tbh mate lol really dont know what colour was looking at black white or grey and also yellow n more updates to come soon got alot of things on my list i need to change first thing a blob eye front bumper mod should be fun lol
Old 27 October 2013, 08:15 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice little project chap, the simple mods you've done look good.

Just remember, before you start throwing large chunks of money into it, its a high mileage uk turbo. If you're prepared to put lots of money into it without seeing much back come sale time then go for it. Not trying to put a downer on it but even a mint high mileage uk turbo is only ever gonna be worth 2 grand.
Sometimes its better to just enjoy the car as it is rather than throwing big bucks at it.
Old 27 October 2013, 08:26 PM
davievtec
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
Nice little project chap, the simple mods you've done look good.

Just remember, before you start throwing large chunks of money into it, its a high mileage uk turbo. If you're prepared to put lots of money into it without seeing much back come sale time then go for it. Not trying to put a downer on it but even a mint high mileage uk turbo is only ever gonna be worth 2 grand.
Sometimes its better to just enjoy the car as it is rather than throwing big bucks at it.

Yeah i know what you mean mate its gonna be tracked my main aims are to go to the nurb with the ej20 thats in it just now and return with it then do a fully forged stroker build for tracks and if i decide to sell it will be broke easier to sell that way and i know my way around cars from being in the trade for the past 7 years
Old 31 October 2013, 04:37 PM
topshot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davievtec
Ahh yeah its getting a full respray so will have new arches fitted aswell as a new front end got something special lined up for it
Check up inside the rear wheel arches near the top of the strut as the little rectangular plate rust through, if it has a hole the get that fixed before doing outer arch
Old 31 October 2013, 04:41 PM
davievtec
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by topshot

Check up inside the rear wheel arches near the top of the strut as the little rectangular plate rust through, if it has a hole the get that fixed before doing outer arch
Ahh yeah they are starting to rust the whole car will be just a shell when its being painted anyway stripping it down to its bare bones then replacing everything that needs to be done anyway cheers
Old 02 November 2013, 05:18 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Them arches will cost to get them done properly. Enjoy the bank balance.
Old 02 November 2013, 05:19 PM
davievtec
Scooby Newbie

Im a panel beater and spray painter and qualified welder so its all done to cost of parts and materials for me lol thanks though
Old 12 January 2014, 06:31 PM
davievtec
Scooby Newbie

allright folks not been on in a while was in a bit of a bad car crash so been busy dealing with hospital and physio got some updates on the impreza though

first off i painted the inside of the lights black as above and now i have done a further mod to the side lights and that is tinting them orange getting ready for the blob eye bumper

and the next mod is my sti high level spoiler that i picked up for £80

and then i thought the interior needs something new to be different so i custom mounted my new boost gauge what i used was : steering column plastics, halfords boost gauge holder, apoxi resin ,a dremel ,tape and a whole lot of patience

and next up is my bigger scoop

and then my new exhaust that i picked up for £40

thats the updates so far and i have a new windscreen and front shock absorber setup sitting for me to collect and i have a hks ssvq3 waiting aswell so alot of progress with the car the mot will be done next week too once all the parts are fitted im gonna weld the new shifter ( home made short shifter) and also tinted windows for the car aswell

i will be more active and post more lol just had too much to deal with over the past 2 months