Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Back in the fold...

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2019, 12:34 PM
theduck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back in the fold...

It's been a while, but I am finally getting back into an Impreza. 5 years ago I owned this mica red bugeye which had been lovingly modified by a member on here before coming into my ownership

Unfortunately it was a short and painful ownership experience. Having bought it at the end of November 2013, it was hit while parked in February 2014, was away for 2 months being repaired and when i finally got it back, the day that photo was taken, it was stolen. Insurance went through the roof and so couldnt replace it with another straight away and then life got in the way so havent had another, but have always missed it.

Fast forward to Thursday last week. Wife was nagging me to book a holiday cottage for some time off I have coming up, so I did, and then as soon as I had realised that the car we used to use for going on holiday (a 19 year old x5 v8) had been off the road for 2 months because I couldnt decide whether to repair the faults with it or flog it and replace it. So got that straight on facebook market place and sold that evening as spares or repair, now I just had to find something to replace it. The wife wanted another SUV, I didnt and was looking at generic estates, and that was when it hit me, I should buy an impreza estate! Found one that looked decent fairly local so arranged to go and see it Friday evening and ended up leaving a deposit on it to pick it up Wednesday. Completely stock other than an exhaust, pink grille badge and a momo shift ****, might look to get her mapped in the future but am in no rush. Anyway, couple pics of my new car:

Old 29 July 2019, 12:53 PM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

Congrats on your new purchase, dont see many wagons and certainly not in black. Did love your description above ' the wife wanted another SUV..... I didnt'
Old 29 July 2019, 01:32 PM
theduck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, i think she is secretly excited that I am getting another as she did love my old one.
Old 29 July 2019, 03:10 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Wagon love! Welcome back, hope your ownership goes better this time. I miss my blob wagon.

Last edited by hedgecutter; 03 August 2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03 August 2019, 07:29 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice
Old 09 August 2019, 09:03 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

How are all these Impreza's getting stolen? Crazy to see a nice bug get nicked and I'm guessing stripped.