Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

WideR Type R

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2019, 11:55 AM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Default WideR Type R

Well it seems in just over 10years on here I've never had a proper members gallery post for any of my Subarus and i've had a few! . So i'll break that with this one...

Its a '97 V3 Type R shell but everything (EVERYTHING) else fixed to it is from a Widetrack STI. Its no show car but its a little different and I like it... It's mostly used as a track hack and on weekend runs. One day I may do a full restoration of the underside. Its currently in for an engine rebuild and i'll hopefully be getting it back sometime soon with a heap more power than original

This was the day I picked it up...

One of the first mods I did was to swap out the fuel pump and sock for a Chevron antisurge cannister. pictured below. Around the same time the sump was swapped out for an RCM baffled unit.

I'm terrible for swapping exhaust as often as my socks but for now i have this fitted but will likely be changing that for a GeNome as its just a bit too loud...

Then I got the blue track wheels changed to something more aesthetically pleasing...

Old...

New...

So at the trackday with blue wheels I was told the car was spitting out huge flames on over run. So I took a go pro to the next trackday to see just how flamey it was... Quite is the answer LOL

This and the plumes of smoke got me worried so i handed the car over to my good pals at BHP Developments. The engine was stripped and found this...

So the block was sent away to AS Performance for a rebore to 0.5mm oversize and new internals were ordered... Thats where we are just now, just getting things together for the rebuild and maybe a bitty more power...

Old 15 January 2019, 01:23 PM
Pete
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same Exhaust Lewis and love it. How you get away with it on trackdays god only knows, ha ha. Nice car too pal
Old 15 January 2019, 01:37 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Very nice indeed

are chevron still making the anti surge units?
Old 15 January 2019, 01:45 PM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Cheers Pete, aye on the day I had it I think there were 3 people I think pulled in for noise. I wasnt one of them...

Thanks Zany, yeah I believe they probably still do. Mine was only made last spring/summer.
Old 15 January 2019, 01:48 PM
averyp2
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice. Is the exhaust a H&S Group A rep? If so, i'm after one if you're thinking of selling?

Regards Paul
Old 15 January 2019, 02:06 PM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul, Thanks and yeah it is a Grp A rep. I bought from scoobyworld but pretty sure its the same item. Not sure if i'm selling it. Waiting to see if i like the GeNome first. Will keep you in mind if I'm selling