Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Uk 300

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2018, 11:05 PM
Scoby doo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uk 300

Uk 300 prodrive Needs a good cleen up At car show.

Last edited by Scoby doo; 13 August 2018 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Speling mistake
Old 15 August 2018, 10:07 AM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Id throw the BOV and swap the IC out for a start.

Not sure its a Uk300 though ( Id want to see the # first )
the vent on the roof is certainly not from that series. You'd have to ask Mills if he ever sat in it too..
Old 15 August 2018, 10:31 AM
Scoby doo
Scooby Regular

Uk 300 rally car
Old 15 August 2018, 11:43 AM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

Nice Pic side ways WRX , but I'm curious and have to ask , In the first pic why is there a earth wire from the battery - worming its way all across the engine bay. Surely the closer earth pickup would have been the wire on chassis next to the Air intake filter ?
Old 15 August 2018, 02:05 PM
Scoby doo
Scooby Regular

Earth wire i tempory put on to iliminate bad eart as i hade a code saying bad earth. That is now fixed but forgot to remove ,thanks for pointing that out and reminding me lol
Old 15 August 2018, 02:45 PM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

I presume you are running a large Air Filter / Intake that this WRX is far from Std
Running 300hp or more you will find the WRX IC will be restrictive for holding timing the heat soak
from the engine / Turbo , running more power will impact intake temperatures.
Actually worse as you have the air intake inside the engine bay too instead of the standard air box
which pulls colder air from the inner wing.
This is not too much of a problem at high speeds as plenty of air gets through the engine bay,
but as soon as you slow down for anything like a traffic light your done. The ECU pulls timing.
The standard upgrade that works well is the Sti IC / IC spray and of course the air scoop and its under bonnet ducting.
I made a bit of a mistake on mine , ( its actually too large in internal volume ) mine from CX racing is more than double the volume of the WRX one its way to big for the SC36 Turbo I run now. That extra volume robs me of instantaneous spool and therefore some low down torque. Yours however will if used in cold winter air and in rain still work well and spool faster. Which for a rally car on a short stages actually works fairly well if sprayed liberally with H2O.
Old 15 August 2018, 03:26 PM
Scoby doo
Scooby Regular

I have a new problem now ! I keep getting a po171 code / I have replaced nearly everything still getting code :-(
Old 15 August 2018, 03:45 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoby doo
I have a new problem now ! I keep getting a po171 code / I have replaced nearly everything still getting code :-(
Have you had it remapped for all the mods? P0171 is running lean.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 15 August 2018 at 03:52 PM.
Old 15 August 2018, 03:49 PM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

Id expect that if you installed the Air Intake and have not had it mapped. However you can expect still to look for air leaks on the intake side , around the MAF seating on the intake , the silcone intake hose connections. After that your looking for flow testing the injectors (partial block will reduce fuel flow) or a clogged downpipe CAT (if you still have one). If you also have a throttle hesitation on pickup with this code . Then join me , I'm looking for exactly the same :-(
Old 15 August 2018, 03:57 PM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

I should add , that if you have an exhaust leak ( I do ) that the engine flows more and leans out too. A check of the fuel pressure and good delivery is also advisable , ( new fuel pump ? ) these go bad and don't deliver after the years and in any case a tune car will need a 255 lph upgrade. None of this is good for an engine as if its too lean and you burn the pistons / rings , You need to do a compression and leak down test if you suspect that.
Old 15 August 2018, 05:22 PM
Scoby doo
Scooby Regular

Fixed all exhaust leeks , problem down where I live garages are like back in the old days and haven't got any of new test equipment, I could do it but I have no kit we got nothing down this way takes forever to get anything done.:-( yeah when I get code po171 car has flat spots . I use my phone and delette fault code then it ok for a while then . Good luck with fault
Old 15 August 2018, 09:54 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoby doo
Fixed all exhaust leeks , problem down where I live garages are like back in the old days and haven't got any of new test equipment, I could do it but I have no kit we got nothing down this way takes forever to get anything done.:-( yeah when I get code po171 car has flat spots . I use my phone and delette fault code then it ok for a while then . Good luck with fault
By clearing the fault you just hide the problem. There are some very respectable garages in West Wales.
Have you tried SCM in Carmarthen?
Old 15 August 2018, 10:13 PM
Scoby doo
Scooby Regular

Yeah been there before not for this car. From where I am it's over 80 miles away but I might just have to go and give them a visit " thanks for the info I no by clearing fault isn't going to fix it it just to keep it going till I do more work on her , just had to spend over £3000 to restore the rear of the car I don't think owner before me wanted to spend money and just kept getting a back street garage to do a cheap job's I'm now only finding things still that I have to put right' I'm slowly getting there , if it wasn't a limited adition I'd have sold it on and got another 1. Car gets crowds of people around it when I go out to supper markets and anywhere I stop , kids love it ,wife complains about the g force lol
Old 16 August 2018, 08:54 AM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

While sorting my exhaust leaks last night , I had my Std WRX downpipe (CAT) out , As it was rattling I tipped it over and it quite some particles fell out. I tapped out all I could and have re-fitted it with a new gasket. I have no CEL light on at the moment but I will have to wait and see if it goes back on. The spark plugs are still looking rather to grey white for my liking.

The Gasket actually started to blow slightly originally at Surrey RR during mapping in May, Duncan stated at the time he though the CAT might be holding us back a bit. Anyway I m hoping fixing the gasket will stabilise things for now.

I have a Japspeed 3 inch with a 200 CPI waiting to go in together with a SC36, but I'm looking to find a 3 inch to 2,5 adapter first as I don't really want to throw the rest of the Prodrive exhaust system out , Once I have this all on I will be back in the UK for another map. I'm told the 2,5 rear system won't restrict power at the level I'm going for ( 350Bhp 350ftlb ), more than which my 5 speed won't handle anyway. Good luck with finding your fault.
Old 18 August 2018, 03:03 PM
Scoby doo
Scooby Regular

Thanks i hope i find it soon it doing my head in now lol, took it to car show and on way back it went lumpy and suddenly took of like a roket with nitros fitted it shocked me how much more power there was its quick at best of times but wow , wish it was like that all the time , oh well i fixed my centre clock today so that cheared me up now i can see time again ,was going to buy a new 1 but i thought i would take it apart and resolder joint and behold it worked saved me some money to speend on finding my fault at least.